Reviews for Down in da Ole' Southern Plantation
TolkienScholar chapter 3 . 6/6
Oh, my! Well, Brer Fox sort of learned from the "Please don't fling me in that briar patch!" trick, didn't he? Sort of, but not quite! :)
I could just hear Brer Fox's voice at this part: "Ha ha ha! We sure got him, Brer Wolf, yessir, we sure has got 'em!" Well written! It should probably be "got 'im," since it's short for "him," not "them." And "crowded" may not be the right word for Brer Wolf's climbing out of the briars.
How funny! I thought the "bang" was too loud a sound for Brer Rabbit; was that Brer Bear falling in? This episode is so like one of the actual little stories! Well done; this was lots of fun! :)
TolkienScholar chapter 2 . 6/6
This is quite funny, and again, the dialect is perfect. Isn't "as sassy as a jaybird" one of Harris's own phrases used to describe Brer Rabbit? Very nice. :) Brer Wolf is so incompetent! I don't know what they need the briars for, but it is funny that he keeps making a mess of things! Just one suggestion for this chapter: I'm not sure the word "canines" fits with the voice you're going for. "Dogs" isn't exactly accurate, but it doesn't necessarily have to be here, so you could use it. Or you could just reword it. Good job! :)
TolkienScholar chapter 1 . 6/6
Ha ha! You've got Joel Chandler Harris's voice pretty much down! :) You do an excellent job of writing in the dialect while making it readable. Brer Fox's voice is excellent, too. I really enjoyed his frustration over Brer Wolf's getting the wrong bird.
You have a few spelling and grammar issues and typos. The form of "it's/its" you meant was the possessive, which is "its." The period in Brer Wolf's line ending in "Brer Rabbit" should be inside the quotation marks. A typo: "I said I wanted BRER ROOSTER, YOU FOOL!" You just left off the "L." And then you forgot to start a new paragraph at the end when Brer Fox starts talking again.
Nice little idea, here. :) I'll be back!
sandra chapter 3 . 7/25/2012
more please
Bar 96 chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
I love Song of the South!
NorthernSouthernLights chapter 2 . 11/9/2010
This was pretty good. I wish the chapters were a bit longer, but entertaining none the less. Brer Wolf was very humerous. I love how Brer Fox always works with the dumbest critters.

Just to let you know there actually is a Song of the South section under Movies. It doesn't show up in the index because no one uploaded a story yet, but you can find it in the process of uploading a document.

This is very good. I'll be looking out for more.