Reviews for The Strange Disappearance of SallyAnne Perks
Brilliant. Achingly, hauntingly beautiful.
You gave me chills with the Ariana Dumbledore mention! Brilliant!
Brilliant writing. Love the house elf arithmancy! Also the phrase 'apocryphal Hufflepuff' was brilliant. Marvellous characterization. I'm so keen to find out what happened! The 'seven days' is a wonderful ticking clock motif.
Reymen chapter 3 . 6/17
Dumbledore does not correct Harry that a character test at 11 does not decide if you are evil or good for the rest of your life but instead that it is your choices in life that decide that?
Forever Me chapter 11 . 6/15
This story has been so amazing to read! To take one detail and turn it into a story of itself, which is also very well written, is really great. Kudos to you!
I've loved reading this story, thank you for writing it!

Forever Me
Fanfiction Lurker 1 chapter 11 . 6/13
That was hands down the best explanation of a plot hole I've ever seen. You used this inconsequential, peripheral character that disappeared into nothing, and spun a whole fascinating story that stays remarkably close to the canon lore.

Great story!
starlite22 chapter 11 . 6/12
Read this due to a recommendation of another author, brilliant different and unique
YourAverageWriter01 chapter 11 . 6/4
A true and utter masterpiece that has been amazing to read. I know this is an old story but thank you.
GarnetMonsoon chapter 11 . 5/31
Wow! Just wow. I know this story of yours is pretty old, and you may never read this review.

But I found this story! And boy, am I glad I did. This is, hands down, the best fanfiction I've read so far. My only criticism is that Harry's speaking is a bit more mature than usual. Also, I felt it a bit out of character that Ron would be uninterested. But it was framed in a way that made it believable, so I wouldn't count that as a criticism.

I was on the edge of my seat the whole time! I love mystery and spooky things. Harry Potter is the perfect fandom to dabble in that, but so many people get it wrong. Your story was subtle, and that's what made it so awesomely creepy. The ending was also wonderfully done. I couldn't figure it out, but when it was explained it made perfect sense. You really have a gift, this entire plot was genius.

The moment Snape caught them in McGonagall's office was hilarious. You really got his character perfect. Heck, you got everyone's character perfect.

Seriously, this was awesome. I haven't read anything I liked this much in a long time.
entelejent chapter 11 . 5/30
It feels like it’s been a long, long while since I’ve read something like this. The story quite successfully pulled me into the world, and it was as magical as the first book! The adventure was somewhat too clear cut and linear, but nice nonetheless and because of the fact. The horror and light-heartedness were both well done, even if the transitions between them were clunky. The map was problematic, but overall things were better explained than in canon; and each facet of the mystery was resolved, though I did expect more. Characters are sometimes likable, sometimes unnatural, particularly when they speak too eloquently. This is a fantastic story, a wonderful piece of fanfiction which I would have loved to have come across sooner.
cimmer chapter 11 . 5/22
A wonderfully melancholic and bittersweet story. I loved it. The detective work and Harry's flight's of fancy; Hermione's logic and Dobby's good sense and the ghosts, they were great. Thank you.
WOW. Good story A bit creepy. One question, why did Harry remembered Sally Anne Perks/Ariana Dumbledore?
Pata Hikari chapter 11 . 5/17
Well this is definitely not what I expected. Interesting how it starts feeling eerie and creepy but gradually develops into something more introspective and bittersweet.

Setting it in 3rd year was interesting, and you do a good job of slipping it into the greater narrative of Prisoner of Azkaban, of course things would go a little bit differently following this story, but not so much that the entirety of canon is derailed by this little tale, which is impressive. The different characters discussions on the memories of the past fit well thematically with the story and the overarching themes of the actual series.
FicMaster1o6 chapter 3 . 5/14
for some reason, i feel as if there was another hufflepuff who disappeared after seven days
FicMaster1o6 chapter 1 . 5/14
man, only one chapter in and it's already cool. why did it take me so long to read this?
1,600 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »