Reviews for Gravestones Carved In Blood
utterlyheartbroken chapter 1 . 11/26/2017
You write my favorite ships so wonderfully, you make me want to cry. I love the words you use, the introspection of Derek is done just as beautifullly as your other story. Honestly I’m truly grateful for this story. It gave me hope for this ship, because I truly enjoy this pair together, I feel as if they can help mend each other. But for reals, you write angst so good. I’m jealous. Thank you for existing!
Raven's Dusk chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
Wow. This is completely and utterly amazing. I went to read this because I adore this pairing, and now I'm kind of stunned because while it was brilliantly written and a gift to read, it also makes me sad that pain like this has to exist, and yet the ending fills me with a tentative hope.
I also really hope that you have a very vivid imagination and a way with words, and nothing else to get ideas from, if I may say that.
I cannot describe this story as anything other than amazing, because other words like it all describe something good, and it is not good. It is incredibly well-written and I could not stop reading, but it is not great or fantastic or wonderful. It is awe-inspiring and terrible and amazing.
This is how I feel now after reading your story and maybe it seems kind of strange (maybe it will to me, later) but it is that way. And maybe amazing is not the right word, but I cannot find a better one.
Excuse my rambling. But, yes. Now you know my reaction.
guest chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
BEAUTIFUL!
guest chapter 1 . 3/2/2014
Heartbreakingly beautiful.
WooisLegit chapter 1 . 9/5/2013
That was amazing, just the kind of fic I've been looking for. I love how deep you went into Derek's feelings and how Aaron was there every step of the way supporting him and just being there for him. I wish there was more Hotch/Morgan out there, especially ones like these.
Vicktor Alexander chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
Thank you for writing this story. You really tapped into the mindset of a survivor of rape/molestation. You really did. Then the fact that Hotch was there with Derek through it all, never judging, or being angry or disappointed...I don't say this often...I don't say this ever on this site (except to AhmoseInarus) and only to my favorite authors Mary Calmes, Stormy Glenn, JL Langley, and Rhianne Aile...but your story was perfect. Absolutely perfect.

Thank you. As weird as it makes me sound, your story touched me deeply, a part of me that has been buried for years. Thank you again.
hanyou-elf chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
i think the most important thing, and the first thing to recognize about this story, is the strength of Derek. He's suffering and he's broken and he's so very completely hurt, but he's still himself. He's still Derek. And Hotch, oh Hotch, how i love him in this! He's understanding and strong enough to let Derek fall and break and shatter. And wow, oh wow.

Derek, as a survivor, is believable. Painfully familiar in what he has to do everyday, to make it from day to day. And yet, it's so completely unique to him, to his determination to be strong, and to be the understanding man that he is, that allows him his empathy with victims and survivors alike. You do an amazing job of showing his pain and his struggles.

And Aaron, if i could hug him, i would. Because he's absolutely perfect as Derek's complement. He understands when Derek needs him to be comforting. When Derek needs him to be firm and absolute, without being overpowering. He knows how to force Derek to face his fears and his pain, but slowly, and when Derek needs it.

This is an absolutely stunning story about how hard it is to survive. It's not the gentle thing that is easy to accomplish in the arms of the right person. It's very visceral and painful and breathtaking. i loved every minute of the story. It hurt, my heart hurt for Derek and for Aaron. But at the same time, i'm relieved that he's got Aaron there, supporting him and holding him through it.

And the end, when he starts to open up, to what was done, the worst of it, that makes the story so much more than just recovery. It was recovery, and it was growing.

Also, the mirroring of the beginning and the end. Poignant. All in all, a beautiful story. So absolutely stunningly well done. i loved it!
persnikitty5 chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
wow! this fic was truly amazing. You dod an excellent job of capturing all the feelings and anguish of the characters. The quotes very good as well. Great job!
dannyanne chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
Your story is one of the best fan fic Ive ever read. As a Derek Morgan fan I gratefully appreciate that you look underneath his strong personality .Because there is another side of Derek Morgan, a side that one only sees when watching him closely. Derek is vulnerable and broken and you describe perfectly how this prevents him from trusting , from being happy . I love how Hotch is saving Derek from falling apart and that Derek in the end trusts him completely Thank You for writing this story.
starofoberon chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
Beautiful, vivid, intimate, compelling. Wonderful to read, thank you!
Thn0715 chapter 1 . 9/23/2010
I don't know how on earth I missed this story! This was exceptional. You hit on every insecurity that Derek Morgan has and you did it with incredible depth of character. Seeing Derek as vulnerable is hard to picture sometimes, but you managed to keep him completely in character - hiding his fears (weaknesses) even from the person he trusts most in the world. And having Hotch be his grounding force, especially after the conversation they had on the show about trust at the end of "Mayhem", was perfect. Very, very well done! It's going on my faves list right now.
RainGoddess2040 chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
I found absolutely nothing wrong with this. Your characterization is beautiful. You show Derek as broken but functional, but he's slowly sinking and Hotch is saving him and Derek loves him, but almost not as much as he hates himself. I love this fic. Every bit of poetry or song or quote was used perfectly. I am so thankful for this fic. I wanted someone to write a broken Derek fic and you did it. This is practically poetry itself. You went above and beyond any expectations I had of a reaction fic. Thank you!
wildwordwomyn chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Good God, this was haunting and raw and so very good! You got everything just right and perfect and...Yeah, beautiful job!
alice chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
I'm not sure if "enjoyed" is the right word to describe how I felt about this story, but it's the one I'll use anyways. This was, in my opinion, a very interesting and well-written look into Derek's abuse and the effects it could actually have on him in a relationship. It's nice to have story that doesn't just brush over it, but really explores the aftermath. Good job :)
BayLei chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
Wow. This was great. I lovethe Hotch/Morgan pairing and never see it. Plus, any relationship with Morgan ppl act like Profiler Profiled never happened. So kudos for doing both well.