Reviews for Three Years At Sea
AnnaAza chapter 14 . 2/1/2011
Great chapter as usual!
Kimberly T chapter 14 . 2/1/2011
Good chapter!

Poor Zuko, stymied again... Try to take comfort in the fact that the evil that is Bureaucracy has foiled men evern greater than you.

Honestly, I was figuring on Zuko bringing the Blue Spirit out to play in that town, if not to sneak past the sentries.

"Nope, Zuko doesn't get to meet Teo until after the Day of Black Sun. Sorry, fangirls." Awww...

Iroh's taking care of Zuko after the barfight was touching... and his treatment the next morning was amusing. I wonder if it would bring comfort to Zuko to know that the cousin he looked up to did much the same thing once, and got the same treatment afterwards?
Shade40 chapter 13 . 1/17/2011
Another good chapter. I especially liked your description of life in the Fire Nation and of Zuko's longing for his home. Now, personally, I'm more of a cold weather person. Summer and lots of heat wear me out, while I'm fairly tolerant of the cold. Just reading about the Fire Nation sapped my strength as I imagined the plac! so you did a good job with it.

Iroh's meeting with Pakku flowed naturally and realistically. Iroh confessed some of his concerns about Zuko without totally pouring his heart out or anything of the sort, as I have seen some stories do. The journal entries themselves were well written because Monk Gyatso wouldn't have considered other people to be reading the journal he is writing.
AGirlWonder chapter 13 . 1/16/2011
Sorry to hear about your cat! I'm really enjoying the development here.
Enna Namo chapter 13 . 1/15/2011
If all this really would have happend in those three years Zuko had spend searching for the Avatar, I wonder if he really would have reacted the way he did when he finally found Aang.
AnnaAza chapter 13 . 1/14/2011
That's so cool that Zuko is reading about Aang! Love how you included Pakku!
Tar Irene chapter 13 . 1/14/2011
aww, poor zuko. :( but youre totally right about the fact that he has pretty accurate knowledge of the air nomads from somewhere - he knows aang wasnt raised by parents. still, i find it sad that zuko learns all this stuff about how peaceful they were and still has his obsessive drive to capture the avatar. oh well... at least iroh is right that he'll change eventually!

so do the journals not mention that roku was gyatso's "dear friend"?

anyway, i liked this chapter, and i like the fast updating even more! you got pakku down really well, too, in my opinion - and his dry but cutting rudeness. also, lol zuko's squirmy thoughts about girls!
Thomson chapter 13 . 1/14/2011
Nice job again! You have such a talent for writing!
Kimberly T chapter 13 . 1/14/2011
So, no mention of Aang being the Avatar in those three volumes of Gyatso's personal journal. It may well be mentioned in the volumes held by King Bumi, but not in the ones that Zuko read.

That actually surprises me a little. Here I'd thought you were going to use the journals as a way to explain how Zuko was able to say to Aang, "I suppose you wouldn't know of fathers, being raised by monks."

Because if it wasn't specifically stated in the journals that the Avatar (even if not actually mentioned by name) was being raised by Monk Gyatso, then the only way for Zuko to be able to say what he said with complete assurance, is if he knew ALL the Air Nomad children had been raised communally by monks, instead of by their parents. A concept that is actually rather disturbing the more you think about it, and realize what it would take to create a society in which parents willingly (presumably willingly) give over all their children to be raised by others.
Dawn chapter 13 . 1/14/2011
I'm sorry for not commenting before now, because this story truly deserves a great deal of praise. I am eagerly following your story and enjoying it immensely.
Tar Irene chapter 12 . 1/11/2011
First, looove the map. It makes me want to re-read the story following along on it. Such a cool idea! Second, I am really sorry to hear about your cat, that's horrible. I'm sure she had a good life though. RIP Kiki. Now onto the review - not a dumb chapter, it's adorable! Zuko is the cutest thing ever, I love how you write his POV. And Lt. Jee's ex wife and the cat - HILARIOUS. And her purring at the end - oh, I know she and Zuko will end up friends in the end. It reminds me of that fanart with zuko and the kitty on his shoulder, which is awesome. Of course, zuko would end up with a cat with a temper to match his, hehe. So much fun :)
Dark Angel Of Fire Ice chapter 12 . 1/11/2011
Oh, Failko, you make me giggle so.

"Perhaps you taste good, my nephew."

XD Particularly priceless.
Shade40 chapter 12 . 1/10/2011
Hahahaha, "apparent dietary preference for fourteen-year-old boys"! And the cat! I LOVE cats, but I really like this one! A chapter without much happening, but funny and enjoyable to read all the same. But - Zuko! Don't you know that you've let Tetsu win? You'll never get your bed back now. Ever! They will probably develop an odd love-hate relationship.
creepingshadow chapter 11 . 1/9/2011
very good! this has potential as a fuul blown multi-chaptered story! for some reason, i view this as a 'for want of a nail'/AU ala vathara.

make that of what you will.
nightpwnsj00 chapter 12 . 1/9/2011
Seeing the update email for this in my inbox made my day! :D Awesome chapter - adding the cat to the mix certainly was unique - I loved it). Keep it up!
235 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »