Reviews for Beauty and the Beast
daughterofthe1king chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
Oh I so loved it...but if it takes deceit to see the other version...

Couldn't stand the story. Needs work...oh what the hey. I can't lie for anything. Laughed so hard, Bump started hiccuping. Either that or protesting vehemently against the violent convulsions he was experiencing. :) Great job.

(small voice): it wasn't the little mermaid though...

And I am running really fast to dodge the pure hate that last statement might very well have engendered. :P Good luck on the Courting story! :)
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
When the Tin Man warned the old woman again, her frailty melted away to reveal a beautiful enchantress proving that he'd had good reason to be wary, unfortunately he'd also annoyed the magical being and as punishment she transformed him into a hideous beast and placed a powerful spell upon the princess and all those who lived with her...

...or at least that's what she tried to do anyway. The chanting was rather ominous and the light show that followed was incredibly impressive, but when it was done Tin Man and princess found that no apparent harm had been done. Which meant the enchantress had precisely three seconds to do something before the Tin Man shot her to prevent any other attempts. More fireworks followed as the enchantress scampered out of the line of fire, hid behind a tree and tried again. - I LOVE this subversion. What do you mean it's not working, that spell always works!

"Am. Not."

"Are. Too."

"Am..."

DG stifled a giggle, she couldn't help it. Enchantress and the Tin Man were practically nose to nose, wearing identical expressions of obstinacy as they all but growled at each other.

"...NOT," Cain snarled as he caught the enchantress sideways glance at the princess. - I'm proud DG only giggled. I spent most the morning pounding the desk while I chortled.

"I'm not going to umph," the Tin Man was cut off abruptly as he was tackled by a rather upset princess for the O.Z.'s most painful kiss ever. Teeth smashed together, lips were bruised, and Wyatt Cain was knocked backwards onto some extremely hard and knobbly roots while DG landed on him like a sack of bricks. "Ow," opined the stunned Tin Man. - I'm wincing between the chuckles really.

"H-h-he'll b-b-be f-fine," the woman managed to force out between clattering teeth, "I j-just w-w-wanted t-to s-shake him o-out of d-denial. S-s-stop-p s-shaking m-m-meeee!" she wailed. - And next time she's going to use DG's method of shaking a person dizzy instead.

"When you go to kiss someone," Cain rumbled as DG backed up in surprise, "you do not break their teeth, you do not give them a fat lip, and you do not," he continued stalking forward, "tackle them like a boulder. What you do," the Tin Man stated as he pinned the retreating princess against a tree, "is this." - Nice come back, Cain! WOOT!
Salallie chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
Funny enough, I was thinking that, "Hey! animegus should do Beauty and the Beast, I mean, really, how hard could that one be." I thought about that about a week ago and...TADA!

Only Cain would get into a fight over being in love.

It was short and sweet. I have no complaints.
GlassAngel chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
Haha I like the enchantress in this! And the intro was awesome in its similarity to Disney and then the enchantress pulling an epic fail on not turning Cain into a beast. I like the idea of the intended target already being in love ruining the effects of the spell, too...nice original take that would actually fit very nicely in any fairytale. I liked this version, but I'd still love to see version 2 in some form... ;)
Bookworm Gal chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
(howls of laughter) That was awesome. They got into "are not, are too" arguement. Poor woman didn't stand a chance of enchanting them. And she's still lost.
SilverLunarStar chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
I've seen a good few of your Tin Man fanfics around and have been sorely tempted to read them, but haven't found the time. However, as soon as I saw that you'd recreated Beauty in the Beast with Cain and DG, I just HAD to read (and review, of course) it. I LOVE Beauty and the Beast almost as much as I absolutely heart Cain and DG.

Favorite lines:

"Princess Azkadellia is also good at illusions, and she could suck out your soul if she ever felt like doing it," Cain pointed out. - *Snickers*

"You're already in love!" she accused the Tin Man.

"Am not," Cain denied hastily, forgetting to shoot as the enchantress' head appeared once more around the tree.

"Yes, you are," she fired back, marching out into the clearing, "otherwise the spell would have worked." - Hahaha! Ah! The accusations! D

"Oh, like Beauty and the Beast," the princess commented with a fascinated nod.

"Er...sure," the enchantress ventured. - Hahaha, poor enchantress was totally confused

The Tin Man was cut off abruptly as he was tackled by a rather upset princess for the O.Z.'s most painful kiss ever. - *Rolling on the floor, laughing my arse off*

"When you go to kiss someone," Cain rumbled as DG backed up in surprise, "you do not break their teeth, you do not give them a fat lip, and you do not," he continued stalking forward, "tackle them like a boulder. What you do," the Tin Man stated as he pinned the retreating princess against a tree, "is this." - *Glaze eyed*

Hahaha! This was so hilarious! Of course people will love it. Okay, admittedly, you may have twisted my favorite Disney movie beyond repair... Kidding, kidding!

No disappointment here! But I wouldn't mind reading a second version...

While all the above outtakes were great, this absolutely topped the cake and ensnared me: Although the princess had all the guards one might hope to keep her safe, the Tin Man was paranoid, overprotective, and always alert to danger. - Nothing could be truer. D

Gah! Now that I know what a wonderful writer you are, I will have to read more of your fanfics. Soon, I hope. Just need to work on some of mine first. I got a little distracted here... XD

Keep up the wonderful work!
21 | « Prev Page 1 2