Reviews for Summer rain and its side effects
Bottan chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
"And that was the reason why it was raining a lot in summer months."

Brilliant! XD Oh my, the whole introduction to summer rain was just perfect... you really captured the mood. I felt like I was right standing there on a wet street, having forgotten my umbrella. ;)

"He remembered that Fai used to stare at a rotary evaporator in the school's lab, wasting minutes by just watching colourless solvents condensate in a round bottomed flask, being completely quiet."

I can't begin to describe how beautiful these scenes are. The quiet, still feeling of these is making me feel a bit melancholic and gives off a very far away feeling... I'm loving it.

"Syaoron rubbed his nose and tried not to look at his teacher. He could almost feel the gaze of the older man on his skin."

"The boy was holding the umbrella higher, not wanting his precious teacher to get wet."

Oh, you're jumping between POVs here, just in these two paragraphs, though, I think - that intentional?

"(...) he was a calm and balanced person. (He had to be, that was a mechanism by nature making sure he would endure Fai.)"

It's nice to have the twins compared and explained this way.

I thought that Yuui chiding Syaoran for not telling him earlier that he had an umbrella with him was a bit too rough... Not very much, just a little bit overboard at the point where he says that his student "should be sorry". Otherwise, this was pretty much perfect. I loved the atmosphere of this story and the poetic descriptions. It *does* remind me of German summer rain. I'm no great judge of English, sadly, but to my ears the sentences and phrasings are beautifully flowing and quite nice to read.

A wonderful story, thanks for sharing! :D
creativegoddess chapter 3 . 1/7/2011
This was such a sweet story. It's nice to see the whole worrying about the teacher-student thing, I haven't seen around a lot (and I admit to forgetting it too .) I really like how you wrote the characters. Yuui feels so fresh in this.

Keep up the excellent work! :)
Jeantron chapter 3 . 12/30/2010
Hands are the best.

They really are.

*smirk*
Uakari chapter 3 . 9/9/2010
Awwww...this chapter was really sweet! And LOL at Syaoron being drunk on cough-syrup...

I think you really dealt with all of the, ehm, issues with teacher-student relationships really nicely. And the seminars...ahahahaha. Every. Single. Semester. I have to sit through one...bleeeeh. Makes ME want to go run for the infirmary...
LillianeDeMalvrier chapter 3 . 9/9/2010
I have only one word: awwwwwwwww

Yuui worrying about Syaoron & the "inappropriate" relationship was really sweet. And Syaoron getting drunk off of cough syrup and being a horny teenager was hilarious I hope CLAMP will give us more Horitsuba, much more!

I'll be looking forward to your next stories, so keep up )
TrueDespair chapter 3 . 9/9/2010
I like this one. Not to offend you but Your view of Yuui and my view on Yuui seemed somewhat similar (probably because we both like Horitsuba and YuuiSyao alot _) also i can't believe that Syaoron was not only sick but got drunk by drinking too much of the medicine. (no offense but that was stupid of him.) also these two lines that Yuui thought.

"He had to ask Seishirou-san."

"He didn't like that man."

You're not alone on that Yuui; you're not alone. XD Also they're now "non"-dating...or something. XD But I'm glad Yuui confessed. _ made the ending scene so heartwarming. I can't wait for what happens next~! _

TrueDespair chapter 2 . 8/28/2010
I love the way you handled KuroFai(though not yet) and YuuiSyaoron very well. Very funny but also sentimental. There are some grammar issues but not enough to ruin the chapter altogether. Good job~! _

Uakari chapter 2 . 8/23/2010
This chapter was darling! I love the argument over the moles/hedgehoges - they sound like a married couple play-arguing over random things because they ran out of actual conversation material...haha! (Haha...not that I do this often or anything...*attempts to look very innocent...*)

And I love how you throw in chemistry jokes - I always like it when a little bit of the author's personality sneaks in, it gives the story that much more flavor. That, and science jokes make my world go around (although I must say - I KNOW the polar bear joke and that one is a REAL groaner...DX).

Also, I believe the artist you're looking for is Jennifer Paige. "Just a Little Crush," right? I was actually singing that to myself when I read that line and wondered if you had done it intentionally...lol.

Glad to see another chapter!
LillianeDeMalvrier chapter 2 . 8/23/2010
Argh, I wanted to review after the first chapter, but I forgot . Then I saw your PM (I'm Aylis, just in case you're wondering) and was like 'Yay, a second chapter .'. And before I saw that this fic was written by you I actually wanted to recommend it to you, so yeah

I really love the KuroFay-part in the beginning, it's soooo cute. The scene with Yuui and Fay, their whole interaction is also very sweet. And lol at Fay for thinking his twin is in love with Watanuki, that was unexpected and funny The end just made me go 'awww'

By the way, I think I found your song: 'Crush' by Jennifer Paige (at least that's the version I know). And now I want to hear the polar bear pun

P.S.: I don't think anybody will mind that the story got longer ;)
TrueDespair chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
I see, so it's becoming very hectic with the rain in Germany too. (Lives in the east coast of USA and there's been having a small earthquake and thunder storms that causes power outages and such).

On a relative note: YAY FOR YUUI/SYAO~! I love this oneshot and about summer rain no less. I like the way you wrote them in a causal manner despite them having feelings for each other. It was sweet and sentimental in a way. And i also love the conversation and Yuui blushing. W What a very good oneshot. great job~! _

Uakari chapter 1 . 8/17/2010
Wow - this was your first fanfic in English? You have a great control of the language - how long have you been speaking/studying it? You've even got the progressive-tense verbs down (the "ing" verbs), which usually seem to cause the most trouble for non-native speakers (if I remember correctly - it's been ages since I actually took a German course and my memory has gone from "just a bit rusty" to "fully rotted" - you just use a single present tense form, yes?)

Your imagery is really great as well - I liked the way you described the rain as an "attack" and the humidity as "sneaking" into your clothes while discussing just how Yuui was caught without an umbrella. Describing the sky as copper-sulfate blue immediately after writing about Fai was a nice touch as well (chemistry teacher and all...lol).

I have to admit, I am not the world's biggest Yuui/Syao fan, but for some reason (and I am blaming this mostly on TrueDespair and now you as well) I am warming up to this pairing much more. Yuui’s internal monologue is so darling and shy the way you’ve written him, and Syaoron is so…hmm…devious? …that it makes their dynamics much more fun to read. It’s a great take on characters that have only been fleshed out a little bit in the Horitsuba manga, and I think what I liked best here is that you’ve really focused on making them their OWN characters instead of look-alikes who exist just for the sake highlighting their twins.

Anyway, I’ve rambled quite enough for one review – great one-shot! I’ll be keeping an eye out for more!