Reviews for The Pit
Naitouk chapter 10 . 8/11/2013
An excellent story! Can't wait to see where it heads in the next installment. Please don't make us wait too long!
Radio Driver chapter 9 . 8/9/2013
Good goin, Kirinin. Keep on keepin on.
luger 7 chapter 10 . 8/7/2013
Most excellent fanfic. Party on, dude.
irnzenmonk chapter 10 . 8/6/2013
i like this story ne
Gemini011 chapter 10 . 8/6/2013
You know... for some reason I had this mistaken notion that I was aware of all the really good Ranmafic on this site. Maybe that might have been true years ago, but running into this one so far along has reminded me that there's a lot I still haven't read.

Anyway, brilliant scenario you're running here. Excellently written prose, compelling characterizations, and a healthy dose of alternate universe / alternate timeline causality timey wimey confusion.

I think it's neat the way you leave certain things hanging; just like in real life, not every little thing is resolved (I'm specifically thinking of older-Ranma's attempt at the rutabega riddle, but there are plenty of other questions and situations that the reader is just left to think about as things keep moving forward). It also helps keep the flow of the story tight, because so often the important things have been the questions and the process, rather than finding the exact right answer. I like it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this continues to develop.

Thanks for writing!
Gemini011 chapter 9 . 8/6/2013
Hell yes, we're still reading this. Good God, why would we not be?
irnzenmonk chapter 5 . 8/6/2013
very interesting story ne
Rivyn Daniel chapter 10 . 8/6/2013
Holy crap!

That was a friggin oddly intense chapter! oO

When Ranma-ue started having the "experiences" i found myself holding my breath! His confusion and fear of what he was experiencing was, just wow. I love how you've been able to capture that and I love seeing Ranma trying to understand his younger counter parts easiness with switching gender. Especially love Kasumi's pearl of wisdom; she's a very underrated and under utilised character which I find disappointing in a lot of writers, so its good to see her being used like this

I think I have somewhat of a basic understanding of what Ranma's experiencing and what i think Younger Ryoga was also experiencing but I wont say it here on the -remote- off chance that I get it right.

As for the chapter itself, the whole thing was great!

I cant wait for the next one!
phirephox666 chapter 10 . 8/5/2013
I absolutely loved this chapter. I love the way you showed that body Ranmas are essentially the same at the base. The interactions between the older Ranma and everyone were really interesting. I'm just really looking forward to the next chapter.
Preier chapter 10 . 8/5/2013
very interesting impact on ranma, the 'man among men' bullshit-wall shows cracks. but he's got so much of his identity invested in it... rebuilding him(self?) will be a chore.

"But why aren't others remembering Ranma differently?"

that's why i hesitate between time-travelling-cascade and memory contamination due to, for example, both ranma sharing the same soul. i guess with both ryoga in contact, we'll know soonish.

uragaaru chapter 10 . 8/5/2013
I'm always awed by the compactness in your language as well as how well you show the complicated feelings of the main characters. It's been interesting switching from Ranma to Ranma-ue's POV and one can see the ways they are perhaps merging.

As for your question, I'm sure there is a thought out hard science-fiction answer, but I suspect that contact between two selves (whether they are past/future or alternate history versions) causes them to "align" as much as possible. That said, I think it's enough if their presence is merely a catalyst for thoughts the two affected characters have successfully suppressed (or at the least not have had challenged). Ranma thinking about the idea he could be helpless outside of very specific scenarios or that he didn't have to have the childhood he did (or at least did before things began to change). Ryouga maybe coming to understand someone he has willfully tried not to by seeing them in a new light.

Regardless. this is one of my favorite stories at the moment and I'm glad to see more of your writing :)
Dantalions chapter 10 . 8/5/2013
oh man great chapter as always and i think it's my favorite one so far. so much has happened in this one, but im still piecing together why just ranma and not everyone else is getting all these memories, because im not very good at this kind of thing haha.
Sindrasil chapter 10 . 8/5/2013
Wow. That was one heck of a chapter !
eternalblue1 chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
Just wanted to add something after seeing the review regarding pronouns.

I appreciate and like your pronoun usage for Ranma in this fic. I appreciate fics that reflect Ranma as the gender as he/she views him/herself at the time. It can be a kinda tricky thing, though, when dealing with a character like Ranma who might be insistent that he's a guy, even after he's become more accepting of the fact that he maybe doesn't necessarily only view himself as male.

The Ranma in this fic primarily thinks of himself as a boy, even when he at times has a girl body. It might very well change that he will think of himself as female as well, but until them, I don't mind having to read carefully enough to determine if he is in male or female body.
eternalblue1 chapter 9 . 8/3/2013
So happy to see an update to this story!

I look forward to seeing lil Ranma's reactions to finding out about everyone else's curses. Although he loved and protected his Kitten, I have no idea if he would find cat-Shampoo scary or comforting, or a sad reminder of his being separated from his pet. I'm also really curious about him finding out about Ryoga's curse and of course I still wonder how/why the older door-making Ryoga doesn't turn into a pig with cold water.

I'm really curious to see other characters' reactions to how matter-of-fact lil Ranma seems to treat his own curse. I worry every time Ranma expresses to himself feelings of being a "failure" for not being manly enough, though. :(

I also wonder what Ryoga will think about this other him who can create doors.

Looking forward to the next chapter!
335 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »