Reviews for The Pit
Mizuno Tenshi2 chapter 10 . 8/13/2013
The chapter is a bit more confusing as everything comes together, but it's pretty natural. The memory shifts are a bit odd with the multiple universe explanation, though magic could tie back into that. Hibiki how he is now... it sounds like he'd have to be even older than he's referred to. And in each of those universes after the first one, he'd be the interloper and duplicate, unless this is other types of weirdness too. Hmm... I'm looking forward to the next chapter, as usual. _
Naitouk chapter 10 . 8/11/2013
Just stumbled upon your story. I absolutely love it! Can't wait to see the next chapter.
Kichira chapter 10 . 8/11/2013
Wow. I could scarcely find my breath through most of this chapter.

So it seems that this Ryoga isn't the one from HM, despite them both having the door, though they may be part of the same multiverse... storyverse? Their personalities seem to be a close enough match, but that could be attributed to them being, well, the same person from different places. If Ryoga and Ranma were dire enemies in Ryoga's original world, I can't really see a way this connects to HM's timeline (in the loosest sense of that word).

I could not entirely glean the meaning of Ranma's thoughts at the end. I have a few guesses, but none really fit. It crossed my mind that Ryoga is his own father, but I don't see why that would terrify Ranma so much, among other issues. Ranma could be scared he and his counterpart are too alike, but this was something he was already contemplating before the last scene.

It goes without saying this chapter was absolutely brilliant, as is all your work.
Naitouk chapter 10 . 8/11/2013
An excellent story! Can't wait to see where it heads in the next installment. Please don't make us wait too long!
Radio Driver chapter 9 . 8/9/2013
Good goin, Kirinin. Keep on keepin on.
luger 7 chapter 10 . 8/7/2013
Most excellent fanfic. Party on, dude.
irnzenmonk chapter 10 . 8/6/2013
i like this story ne
Gemini011 chapter 10 . 8/6/2013
You know... for some reason I had this mistaken notion that I was aware of all the really good Ranmafic on this site. Maybe that might have been true years ago, but running into this one so far along has reminded me that there's a lot I still haven't read.

Anyway, brilliant scenario you're running here. Excellently written prose, compelling characterizations, and a healthy dose of alternate universe / alternate timeline causality timey wimey confusion.

I think it's neat the way you leave certain things hanging; just like in real life, not every little thing is resolved (I'm specifically thinking of older-Ranma's attempt at the rutabega riddle, but there are plenty of other questions and situations that the reader is just left to think about as things keep moving forward). It also helps keep the flow of the story tight, because so often the important things have been the questions and the process, rather than finding the exact right answer. I like it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this continues to develop.

Thanks for writing!
Gemini011 chapter 9 . 8/6/2013
Hell yes, we're still reading this. Good God, why would we not be?
irnzenmonk chapter 5 . 8/6/2013
very interesting story ne
Rivyn Daniel chapter 10 . 8/6/2013
Holy crap!

That was a friggin oddly intense chapter! oO

When Ranma-ue started having the "experiences" i found myself holding my breath! His confusion and fear of what he was experiencing was, just wow. I love how you've been able to capture that and I love seeing Ranma trying to understand his younger counter parts easiness with switching gender. Especially love Kasumi's pearl of wisdom; she's a very underrated and under utilised character which I find disappointing in a lot of writers, so its good to see her being used like this

I think I have somewhat of a basic understanding of what Ranma's experiencing and what i think Younger Ryoga was also experiencing but I wont say it here on the -remote- off chance that I get it right.

As for the chapter itself, the whole thing was great!

I cant wait for the next one!
phirephox666 chapter 10 . 8/5/2013
I absolutely loved this chapter. I love the way you showed that body Ranmas are essentially the same at the base. The interactions between the older Ranma and everyone were really interesting. I'm just really looking forward to the next chapter.
Preier chapter 10 . 8/5/2013
very interesting impact on ranma, the 'man among men' bullshit-wall shows cracks. but he's got so much of his identity invested in it... rebuilding him(self?) will be a chore.

"But why aren't others remembering Ranma differently?"

that's why i hesitate between time-travelling-cascade and memory contamination due to, for example, both ranma sharing the same soul. i guess with both ryoga in contact, we'll know soonish.

uragaaru chapter 10 . 8/5/2013
I'm always awed by the compactness in your language as well as how well you show the complicated feelings of the main characters. It's been interesting switching from Ranma to Ranma-ue's POV and one can see the ways they are perhaps merging.

As for your question, I'm sure there is a thought out hard science-fiction answer, but I suspect that contact between two selves (whether they are past/future or alternate history versions) causes them to "align" as much as possible. That said, I think it's enough if their presence is merely a catalyst for thoughts the two affected characters have successfully suppressed (or at the least not have had challenged). Ranma thinking about the idea he could be helpless outside of very specific scenarios or that he didn't have to have the childhood he did (or at least did before things began to change). Ryouga maybe coming to understand someone he has willfully tried not to by seeing them in a new light.

Regardless. this is one of my favorite stories at the moment and I'm glad to see more of your writing :)
Dantalions chapter 10 . 8/5/2013
oh man great chapter as always and i think it's my favorite one so far. so much has happened in this one, but im still piecing together why just ranma and not everyone else is getting all these memories, because im not very good at this kind of thing haha.
338 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »