Reviews for The Pit
DaisukiFox chapter 13 . 6/22
Hmm... at this point, I don't know what to think.
DaisukiFox chapter 12 . 6/22
Now this I like... This Ryoga managed to kill his Ranma. I'm guessing it might be out of guilt that he's taking care of Little Ranma. Why not call him on that? Seems like that would have been I interesting to see.
DaisukiFox chapter 11 . 6/22
*stares blankly at the RanmaXAkane scene like Saitama from One Punch Man* The scene was well written but I couldn't find myself getting into the fluff between those two. I really liked the reference to family with the older Ryoga and younger I one. Although in terms of pairings I don't find myself interested I n the fluff.
DaisukiFox chapter 9 . 6/22
I find myself invested in this story. The writing style is so nice but it feels familiar to what got me into writing. Good job!
DaisukiFox chapter 8 . 6/22
There this it made me think about a Ryoga that lost his Ranma. Maybe they were friends and just so happens to stumble in a universe where there's a Ranma who maybe also lost their Ryoga due to an accident, taking it upon himself Ryoga has taken the place if that Ryoga, even though it isn't ideal. Maybe he's also fallen for the Akane of this dimension, cause maybe he had a thing for the one in his own world but due to circumstances was unable to get with her. This younger Ranma is maybe something he wants to do to in some way make peace with his past. That's what I'd do... lolz to be bad I'm almost done.
DaisukiFox chapter 7 . 6/21
Man am I late to the show but what a good show indeed... I needed some inspiration and who other to get it from than the one who inspired me to write RanmaXRyoga fanfiction. Although given what I've read now, it may not be that way, sad. I'm gonna' keep reading as... it's a compelling read! Is this multiverse theory? Stolen clone DNA!? Magical life lesson come to life! I can't shake the feeling that Ryoga is experiencing some great pain. If not, it's certain to be cool to at least think about. Considering the wide range of possibilities.

Good job, Kirinin, you're never one to disappoint lolz. I've got to because I'm weird... I give this chapter my seal of approval! There is a minor criticism, though... I think sometimes you put 'he' instead of 'she' and vice versa, which can get very confusing sometimes as when I was reading, I'd get really immersed into the story but find myself having to do a double take to make sure I know which Gender this little Ranma is. That aside, amazing chapter!
endofgames chapter 16 . 3/4
Interesting ending.
Dillon chapter 16 . 11/28/2015
As someone who was raised in a dysfunctional, abusive home with a father who had a fixation on rigid gender roles and martial arts-survivalist training from a young age, some aspects of this story hit very close to home. The way you've written tiny Ranma's conflicted feelings about his girl body closely mirrors how I felt about my sexuality as I grew into it. The feelings about Genma, both as a child and an adult, are likewise very familiar for me. You've captured the experience of childhood abuse extremely well and used that voice to craft a really believable Ranma story that fits with the established narrative like a missing puzzle piece. I'm thrilled to have found and read it, and I love that you left it open-ended rather than wrapping up the healing process in a neat little bow. It doesn't really work like that; I still have problems, 10 years later. So does my dad. I don't think anyone ever fully heals from that sort of damage, and it's bittersweet but refreshing to see a character with realistic abuse not given a forced "it's all better now" happy ending. Thank you.
Balthanon chapter 16 . 11/22/2015
Interesting twist after about mid way through and a good read over all- there were a fair number of things early on that didn't quite seem to work but were rolled into the story properly later on. I seem to recall the same thing happening to some extant with Akane as well.

Glad to see this finished as I got to it though. I can't say I would mind seeing a sequel, but this was a satisfying ending.
Balthanon chapter 5 . 11/22/2015
(Responding to the Author's Note on this chapter.) For me, the issue with the use of sweetheart is that it doesn't really fit Ryoga (or almost any guy really). I can see a girl calling a little boy sweetheart pretty easily, but generally speaking a guy is probably only likely to do that with a little girl. I would see something along the lines of 'kiddo' or something to represent an affectionate 'you' like 'anata'. (I don't know Japanese well enough to say how anata would be used with a small boy.

On another note, the hint here that something else might be going on with Genma is interesting. I couldn't see him just abandoning Ranma. Spring of Drowned Ryoga could be challenging, it will be interesting to see if that plays out like that and how or why it would have happened at the cat fist training.
Fyoex chapter 16 . 11/21/2015
A masterpiece.
Bluejay Blaze chapter 4 . 9/30/2015
I've always known about the colour thing. It was a neat party trick when I was growing up: I could always tell exactly what colour crayon or pencil crayon one of my guy friends was holding up without needing to read the label, while they'd still be struggling to figure out what the difference was between celery green and chartreuse. And then later I learned how to tell the pH of things by what shade our indicators turned, but no one would believe me no matter how often I managed I think I'm one of the one in fifty who sees more than even other women. Ironic, since my eyesight's so bad I can barely see six inches in front of my face.
annemai chapter 16 . 8/23/2015
Amazing story!
I was so into the story that I had many dreams about it, with Ranma's childhood and my own childhood all smashed up together. I would have loved to see more of this story but I also really like how you finished it. I'm sure I'll come back to read and experience it all over again. Thank you so, so much!
Naora91 chapter 16 . 8/9/2015
I don't find many stories that can suck you into them like this one did. It gives me many feels.
HikariNoTenshi-San chapter 16 . 8/8/2015
I both adore and despise you because omfg all the f-ing feels and inception crappie that happened and I swore it was 10 pm but now it's 6 am and God's my Kokomo hurts like own and I am an inglorious mess of askflsjzkdndjrk right now.
Bless and curse you in tandem for the feels. Mostly bless you, but dammit all the feels.
*faves story*