Reviews for The Pit
Aww that was beautiful!

I loved it!
truth to be told yes. I find those differences quite interesting. like you I'm a bit of sexist but I don't see it as a bad thing. what would be bad is to consider one gender better than the other. I don't. but I do consider they are different. both are better at some things and worse at other things. between the two they are best at everything. at least that's my humble (probably correct) opinion.

if you can send me those links please do it to thank you
flairina chapter 16 . 2/12
Heh, I wouldn't say the Ranma fandom is THAT small- it is compared to say, the HP or Naruto fandoms, but that's a rather relative measurement.

Anyways, on the whole, a very well put together story! Glad to see it completed with most of the niggling questions answered; Shampoo going with them is a nice touch and I'm glad what was going on with the amazons was answered in the end. Can't imagine Mousse will be thrilled when he realizes Shampoo is gone though, and I do wonder what Cologne is going to do now... not to mention what Genma is going to do when he eventually shows back up. Suppose we'll never know.

Although I didn't get to read the last two chapters consecutively with the rest, they still read quite well and seem to integrate naturally with the previous ones in a way that allows a nice flow in to the ending. There are still some open questions, but they no longer concern the characters we were actually focused on, so it's not terribly important I suppose.

I appreciate your attempt to dive in to the gender dynamics and effect they would have on a growing Ranma; most of the stories that try to do this don't usually take a developmental approach. The clash in ideals, even with the massive age gap, was interesting to view, perhaps actually more so because of it (there was no fighting, just observing and uncomfortableness leading to forced introspection). Not something I've seen in a Ranma fic before more than maybe one or two other times, I don't think. I won't try to speak on the topic of abuse; I'm not particularly experienced in that and I'd probably put my foot in my mouth, but I think you showed it fine (as my last review indicated, you certainly made us feel what we needed to feel).

I've nothing more to say besides keep up the great work. Congrats on finishing, hope to see more from you soon!
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 3 . 2/12
it got too weird.
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 16 . 2/11
This is complicated fun:)
Staggered Pichu chapter 16 . 2/9
I may not have been with this story for day one like some of your other fans but I live it just the same. It's sad to see it end but I enjoyed reading it very much and the ending is satisfying. Thank you for posting this and allowing us to read your writing. It's fantastic, great job.
RPhysics chapter 16 . 2/9
Oh, how I really wish there was a sequel to this. Just one of those stories with very little plot, having the main characters just go on one adventure after another. That'd just be so perfect. Even a small "10 years later" would have been nice to read (although I have no idea how you'd manage that).

Of course, the way you ended it was fine. I like how it has turned out, and you did a good job salvaging a horrible tragedy into a fairly happy ending. It's been a fun journey throughout all of this, so thank you
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 16 . 2/9
Actually, the translations are pretty accurate. (Shampoo: The way you're looking at me, are you saying I'm stupid? / Ranma: Foolish is a type of compliment.) "[Thank you] For looking after my kid," says Ryoga. Fuck, I think I'm crying. I'm nOT OKAY This ending though. Was a lot better than the one in my imagination, more raw. I think I'm going to go read The Pit all over again in a couple of days. :')
Noradin chapter 16 . 2/9
Thank you,this story was well worth the waiting :)
XStylus chapter 16 . 2/9
Been reading this one since the start, and it's been a long road. Thanks for the story, thanks staying with it, and thanks in general. :)
celvel chapter 16 . 2/9
Awesome story, I'm very sad to see it end. But also very happy BECAUSE it has an ending. To many great stories are left unfinished, left to just gather dust... I've probably read this story a half dozen times, it's been one of my favorites, and I can guarantee I'll read and reread it for years to come. It's always nice to revisit old favs years down the line As there are unfortunately very few Ranma 1/2 stories being written I do hope (and pray!) that this isn't the last we'll see of you, and I'll soon come back to and see a new piece in the works from you (your profile page was long ago raided for your stories ). Lastly, I just want to thank you for taking the time and energy to write Ranma fanfics. Ranma 1/2 has been my favorite for about fifteen years now, and its getting harder and harder to find anything to do with the fandom. So thank you, thank you, and thank you.
CorruptEnlightenment chapter 16 . 2/9
Definitely a twist. Thanks so much for finishing; it's been a long trip!

The underlying concepts of abuse, sexuality and growing up were fascinating to read. I haven't read a Ranma fanfiction (that was completed, no less!) in over a decade that I felt explored these themes in a satisfactory manner. I have no skill at writing fanfiction myself, obviously due to my blank profile page, but I can still appreciate your effort, ability and detail. Your personal experience teaching developmental guidance added a depth that can't be replicated by assumptions. Thank you again!
Tama Saga chapter 16 . 2/9
You need a ma at the end of Shampoo's question. 嗎.
Ni zenme kan wo? Shuo wo ben ma? (How exactly do you see me? Are you saying that I'm stupid?)

As for Ranma's reply...I can't figure out the last two characters but the general sentence structure seems right.
Yuchun shi yi zhong gong wei (silly/stupid is a type of...)
Mizuno Tenshi2 chapter 16 . 2/9
Really good epilogue, everything is tied up nice and neatly. Bah, some of us have been Ranma fans since before the days of . Which makes me feel really old now...
ByLanternLight chapter 16 . 2/9