Reviews for The Pit
Devil Reader chapter 15 . 1/28
This entire story is bloody fantastic. I don't know what to say.

Is there some possible way of getting a private copy to read offline? PM me if you're okay with that. Thanks for writing this!
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 15 . 1/28
Wow, deep plot:)
yue no rei chapter 15 . 1/28
Man am I glad to see the conclusion! You never fail to give me the warm fuzzies with each story
Dantalions chapter 15 . 1/28
bittersweet, is how I'd describe this chapter. but very interesting to read
ByLanternLight chapter 15 . 1/28
5/5
maryjane5000 chapter 6 . 1/15
Are any of these right
1) The broken Nabban Mirror was used causing 2 worlds that are at different temporal points to merge into one which means there two of everyone 1 kid & 1 teen/adult

2) An amazon plan where Ranma & Shampoo were giving age altering mushrooms then formula 411 used on them to forget their teen life

3) Ryoga ends up in AU & back in time so he helps Ranma thus keeping this worlds Ryoga from seeing Hell

4) Ryoga fed up with losing to Ranma goes backin time to kill kid-Ranma but finds him in the Pit & has a change of heart

5) Something like Quantum Leap Ryoga has to put right what once went wrong with help from Akane
maryjane5000 chapter 1 . 1/15
Interesting got me wondering

Dimensional Traveler Ryoga?
or
Time Traveler Ryoga?
flairina chapter 14 . 12/20/2014
Interesting fic you've got here. Those pills are horrifying to even contemplate; it's like brainwashing someone and giving them anterograde amnesia at the same time. Even worse that Genma's actions actually make sense when you consider his motivations. I want him gone so badly and yet I can't say I don't get why he's doing what he's doing, given what he wants. It's both addening and sickening, this whole situation.

The timelines admittedly have me confused a bit here. Pretty sure I've got most of it, but this latest bit I have to make a few assumptions. As far as I can tell, both Ranmas we've seen up to this point are the same, and not from alternate realities. Genma 1 meets Genma 2 who drops off a Ranma he assumes to be his own, but is actually "alternate" Ranma. Thus the Ranma that got raised in "canon" was actually the result of alternate Ranma growing up with those horrifying handicaps mentioned above. Genma 1 thought he had Ranma, so he didn't come and take him out of the pit, which caused traveler Ryoga to come and get him due to being asked by grown up Ranma later on having traveled back with him. Traveler Ryoga then went to the amazon village and went through all that occurred in the story up to this point, which means that Ranma young can't be saved because we know he grows up in to normal Ranma. Normal Ranma was having all those bleedthroughs because he did have this happen to him, but forgot because of the pills. Alright, nice and tidy, paradox in place and understandable.

But... hold on. The Akane spirit makes no sense then, unless she somehow time travels too and becomes that, and Cologne, Shampoo, and Mousse not recognizing Ranma or Ryoga means that... I've got to be confused. Hmm. And here I thought I had it. That, or not everything has been explained yet? I suppose that could be it...

Regardless, this is a very interesting story, and I do hope that Ranma comes out of it understanding what his younger self already did, if about 9 years too late. Also that Genma gets some sort of just comeuppance, because I don't really care if he thought it was right; he essentially mentally handicapped and brainwashed his child just because he wouldn't accept his son if he acted any way besides how he taught him. It's worse than abuse, by wiping his memories Genma might as well have tried- and succeeded!- in MURDERING the "real" Ranma. Only the fact that Ranma seems to have repressed memories convinces me of anything less. Even stories where Genma has gotten Ranma PHYSICALLY murdered I tend to find less despicable, which is funny, because you didn't write him that way! Gah, I just can't help but hate characters that do that in any form, I guess.

That also leaves the question- what the heck did older!Genma do if he didn't travel back through traveler Ryoga's gate? Are we gonna find out?
luger 7 chapter 14 . 12/10/2014
Rockin fanfic, dude!
BonusPoints chapter 14 . 11/30/2014
I guess I stopped receiving auto-updates for this, but my how these last few chapters have been worth the (mostly unnecessary) wait!

I'm pleased with your devotion to closing off your time loops, although now I need to know how things will be rounded off with the folk back in Joketsuzoku. My favourite part has to be the way Ranma's unplanned narrowing is what eventually turned Genma into the sort of man who would intentionally inflict that fate on his child. There's so much potential in seeing Genma's mind at work, and this is one case where I think you exploited it masterfully.
Cheshire cutie chapter 14 . 9/30/2014
You are a genuis. Complete and total genuis. Thank you.
anon chapter 14 . 8/27/2014
not a huge fan of this direction. but willing to see where it goes.
BlackShadow1 chapter 14 . 7/28/2014
wow, this is good and really in character
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 14 . 7/18/2014
GODDAMMIT IT WAS A TIME PARADOX AFTER ALL? Okay, so the worst thing isn't even the fact that Genma actually believes that he's doing what's best for his son. The worst thing is this time paradox, because my literally hurts at the thought that there's the possibility that Ranma well-deserved happiness will be ripped out from under his feet every single time. The freaking Homura fails to save Madoka type of time loop. God, this fic is the most wonderful Ranma fanfic I have ever read ever. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Ranmayamabushi chapter 14 . 7/8/2014
Wow very cool story, I hope you continue it some more in time. keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!
300 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »