Reviews for The Pit
niyuu chapter 14 . 6/22/2014
i want to shoot Genma. in the face. buckshot.
LycanRed chapter 14 . 6/21/2014
I'm at a loss for words. This has been a somewhat confusing story most of the way through it, but I've dug in and worked my mind around the concepts being presented, though I have to agree with Ranma about a third of the way in about stopping before my brain breaks, but I digress. The end of this chapter is just, well, as I said, I'm at a loss for words. There have been stories I've read where Genma annoyed me. Where I was almost sad at how one dimensional he was portrayed. In all the worlds that I've glimpsed him in he has angered me, saddened me, upset me, made me laugh, and made me shake my head in exasperation. I can easily say that I have never been quite so sick of him before as I am after this chapter. If it were just the usual schtick, where he is being a greedy, self-centered idiot, I'd be angry, but no. He actually believes that what he is doing is what's best for his child. It's not idiocy, or even lack of caring. The core of his character here is so, wrong, that he has done this because he cares for his son. I'm appalled in all the right ways. Kudos, and I can't wait for more.

PeaceOut
LycanRed
Rivyn Daniel chapter 14 . 6/20/2014
Oh wow, the last three chapters have been incredibly powerful

Incredible work!

I feel sorry for little Ranma, was really hoping Older Ryoga was going to be able to get littleRan back from Genma. I hope this is the end for OlderRyoga :(

I can't wait to read more!
arcanasage chapter 14 . 6/14/2014
Great chapter, I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Radio Driver chapter 13 . 6/13/2014
Good goin, Kiri. Keep on keepin on.
RPhysics chapter 14 . 6/13/2014
Such a sad chapter. It was seriously depressing near the end, and even more so when I re-read it D:

I really enjoyed little Ranma's character. I was hoping for him to be rescued, with all of Genma's recent influences removed. Maybe have some confrontation with Ranma-ue who would convince little Ranma that Genma isn't right, and that he doesn't have to grow up like him. I definitely wasn't expecting you to basically kill him off D:

I was looking forward to more little Ranma interactions too :c

Anyways, I'm guessing that the pills effects will have been broken for Ranma-ue. I'm curious to see how you'll write that. Especially since Akane and Ryouga are close by (admittedly, 10 years and hundreds of miles away isn't close, but not a big difference when Ranma-ue has a human teleporter and time machine near by :p)

This chapter was slightly confusing (augh! Time travel is annoying D:), and I'll definitely have to re-read the story again to get a clearer picture on everything. But let me try to explain what I think happened, if you have time to see if I'm right:

[[Cut out because it was too long. Go to pastebin, at the file jCy2p1tQ - Just ask if you're confused on what that means]]

Anyways, I have a couple questions for the story:

1) What was the translation of the pills name?

2) Why didn't Cologne and the amazons recognize Ranma? Probably not at first sight, when Ranma and Genma ate the tournaments prize. But surely, when Cologne arrives at Nerima she would have noticed. She'd definitely notice Ryouga at least, since the age difference would only be 5ish years.

3) Is Ryouga capable of traveling dimensions as well as space/time? Because otherwise, I don't know how he'd meet so many different Ranma's with different personalities. He's only shown space/time traveling so far after all. If not, then why would Ryouga ask Ranma if he knew the Umi-Sen Ken techniques to judge his threat level in an earlier chapter?

4) Ranma may not have noticed his female form until Jusenkyo, but why didn't anybody else? Surely Ryouga would have noticed since he had taught and sparred with Ranma for months.

5) Is there any chance we'll see little Ranma again? I'd loved his character, and wish you hadn't 'killed' him off. Maybe a new timeline or something? D:

6) At the end, why did you show the scene where Ranma met Ryouga before the scene with Jusenkyo? Or was that just an error?

7) The tags for this story are drama and hurt/comfort. Is this going to be a tragedy (more so than it already is)?

8) What are you going to do involving pairings? While I'm all for gen-fics, you've already foreshadowed Ranma and Akane getting together. But will the ending be vague, letting the readers assume that they get together in the end? Or will you write a more definite ending?

9) If I'm correct in Ranma-ue overcoming the effects from the pills (and if not, ignore this), then are you going to write a vague ending or show multiple scenes of how Ranma starts acting? Basically, will you write the interactions that the new Ranma has with all the characters? Solve all (or some) of his problems with fiancees and rivals?

Thanks for the chapter, especially so soon after the last (can we expect another soon? :p). I'm not a fan of tragedies, but it was still an enjoyable chapter. I look forward to the next (hopefully lighter) chapter.
Androgynous-Heron chapter 14 . 6/13/2014
...MY EFFING HEART, WHY WHY WHY WHY I SAD, SUPER SAD I MEANT, OH GOD THIS IS SADDDDDDDD AND I'M DROWNING IN TEARS D':
Dumbledork chapter 14 . 6/12/2014
This is getting complicated. What's up with Ranma's memory problems? Does he have trouble remembering because of time paradoxes or something like that? And what did Genma's pills do?
ByLanternLight chapter 14 . 6/12/2014
Oh. No. 5/5
Armichi chapter 14 . 6/12/2014
Wow, so are all of the Ranma's we have seen in the fic thus far actually the same Ranma, and if so will we be seeing what happened to big Ranma. Were the memories that Big Ranma had from little Ranma actually simply his own memories beginning to overcome the effects of the pills, I cannot wait to see where this goes.
Crimson Yrael chapter 14 . 6/12/2014
I always love your stories, but Kami-sama, keeping the timelines straight practically require a flow chart. I just really hope we haven't seen the last of intelligent Ranma. Is it too much to hope that at least one of the Genma's gets brutally murdered?
yue no rei chapter 14 . 6/12/2014
Oh god full circle. I had a vague feeling something similar would happen from your reply to my review last time. I just never really comprehended that it would be so...Neat. You're probably one of my favourite Ranma fanfic authors of all time haha. It's a little heartbreaking that you kind of know the answer is right there when you're reading but you will still cling on to the impossible hope they it's not gonna end up that way.

Im just ridiculously happy that Ranma-ue realises how much he really wants to stay with Ryoga. Ryoga's role in this fic travelling timelines to essentially save and I guess be with Ranma really pulls my heart strings. It's like Homura going back to save Madoka every timeline and eventually falling short every time. Man, this chapter really made me emotional haha.
The Keeper of Worlds chapter 14 . 6/12/2014
Good heavens my mind hurts from that paradox! Great job;)
Richard Ryley chapter 14 . 6/12/2014
Like every Captain on Star Trek, I HATE time travel.

This was weird. And what WAS it? I notice you have Ranma apparently cursed and noticing the transformation after he meets Akane. Or is he just noticing his curse all over again? It certainly explains why he thought Jusenkyo was where he got cursed. (And I assume Genma DID get cursed there)

For that matter, how long was Ranma in the loop? It seemed like a couple of years. It was certainly long enough for Ryoga to teach him and change his behavior. And Cologne, too. So the sixteen year old Ranma is nineteen now. And then there's ghost Akane. Don't get me STARTED on that.
Devil Reader chapter 14 . 6/12/2014
Oh geeze. You're saying that the elder Ranma wasn't remembering younger Ranma's memories through being the same person, but because he had originally forgot it? If that's true, then there's the plot hole of the time they spent by the Amazon village. Still an incredible twist/cliff-hanger.
300 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »