Reviews for The Pit
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 16 . 2/9/2015
Actually, the translations are pretty accurate. (Shampoo: The way you're looking at me, are you saying I'm stupid? / Ranma: Foolish is a type of compliment.) "[Thank you] For looking after my kid," says Ryoga. Fuck, I think I'm crying. I'm nOT OKAY This ending though. Was a lot better than the one in my imagination, more raw. I think I'm going to go read The Pit all over again in a couple of days. :')
Noradin chapter 16 . 2/9/2015
Thank you,this story was well worth the waiting :)
XStylus chapter 16 . 2/9/2015
Been reading this one since the start, and it's been a long road. Thanks for the story, thanks staying with it, and thanks in general. :)
celvel chapter 16 . 2/9/2015
Awesome story, I'm very sad to see it end. But also very happy BECAUSE it has an ending. To many great stories are left unfinished, left to just gather dust... I've probably read this story a half dozen times, it's been one of my favorites, and I can guarantee I'll read and reread it for years to come. It's always nice to revisit old favs years down the line As there are unfortunately very few Ranma 1/2 stories being written I do hope (and pray!) that this isn't the last we'll see of you, and I'll soon come back to and see a new piece in the works from you (your profile page was long ago raided for your stories ). Lastly, I just want to thank you for taking the time and energy to write Ranma fanfics. Ranma 1/2 has been my favorite for about fifteen years now, and its getting harder and harder to find anything to do with the fandom. So thank you, thank you, and thank you.
CorruptEnlightenment chapter 16 . 2/9/2015
Definitely a twist. Thanks so much for finishing; it's been a long trip!

The underlying concepts of abuse, sexuality and growing up were fascinating to read. I haven't read a Ranma fanfiction (that was completed, no less!) in over a decade that I felt explored these themes in a satisfactory manner. I have no skill at writing fanfiction myself, obviously due to my blank profile page, but I can still appreciate your effort, ability and detail. Your personal experience teaching developmental guidance added a depth that can't be replicated by assumptions. Thank you again!
Tama Saga chapter 16 . 2/9/2015
You need a ma at the end of Shampoo's question. 嗎.
Ni zenme kan wo? Shuo wo ben ma? (How exactly do you see me? Are you saying that I'm stupid?)

As for Ranma's reply...I can't figure out the last two characters but the general sentence structure seems right.
Yuchun shi yi zhong gong wei (silly/stupid is a type of...)
Mizuno Tenshi2 chapter 16 . 2/9/2015
Really good epilogue, everything is tied up nice and neatly. Bah, some of us have been Ranma fans since before the days of . Which makes me feel really old now...
ByLanternLight chapter 16 . 2/9/2015
Worth every moment. 6/5.
inkheart9459 chapter 15 . 2/8/2015
Whoa, I can super duper see the scene in the tree like I'm there, which actually doesn't happen all too often when I'm reading so it's wonderfully rendered and such pretty. Just that whole scene in general is 3. The emotions of both Ranma and Ryoga are realistic. I really like the line about Ryoga in his silence was conveying embarrassment at Ranma's display of emotions. Also, the fact that Ranma cried enough to literally turn himself into a girl, that was super great for a multitude of reasons, mainly the hit you in the face symbolism of the fact that Ranma thinks its a girly emotion and crying literally turned him into a girl and he has to deal with it all over again. They're such dorks accidentally kissing. It was a good way to break the really heavy, heavy stuff and transition into the hug. All in all *pom poms*
Mizuno Tenshi2 chapter 15 . 2/6/2015
Wow. That was one of the most convoluted stories I've read in a while that came out making good sense. Really great read, and thanks so much for writing it!
Kuro Neko9695 chapter 15 . 2/4/2015
Tu me hiciste llorar cuando leei esta historia, me has hecho llorar cada vez que la recuerdo... pero mas que nada me haz hecho recordar porque amaba este mundo, porque valía la pena vivir en el... porque apesar que la existencia misma parecua querer negarme el derecho de vivir, había algo porque quedarme... me hiciste recordar el ese sentimiento y por eso te estare eternamente agradecido y jamas podre terminar de agradecerte por la felicidad que me haz traído jundo con la esperansa que alguna vez creía haber perdido... gracias
LycanRed chapter 15 . 2/3/2015
Absolutely fantastic, and a nice little nod at a possible future Ranma/Ryoga pairing, which has always been a favorite of mine. I look forward to your little epilogue, and I am infinitely grateful to you for continuing this. Since chapter one it has been an excellent read. Kudos.

PeaceOut
LycanRed
Staggered Pichu chapter 15 . 2/3/2015
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed reading this. The summary for the story hadn't really popped out at me but I had already gone through the one's that had so I figured I would go ahead and give this one a try. Let's just say that I'm really glad I did. You did a fantastic job writing this. Your sentences seemed to flow together very well and with confusion being thrown at me left and right, it definitely kept me reading all the longer in hopes of figuring out all the was going on. I really enjoyed how this turned out.
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 15 . 2/2/2015
There are too many feelingsssssssssssss. I was really hoping for a happy ending, but that's more my selfish indulgence speaking. Structurally, this open ending fits the overall theme better than a nice and dusted off conclusion would. I do hope Ranma takes this chance to happy. I've gotten so attached to him and Ryoga, it's a little ridiculous. The other day, I went back and read the previous chapter in preparation for reading this chapter, and I cried all over again. It was, still, the soul deep pain of a situation in which a child is ripped away from his parent. And now I'm tearing up a little just thinking about it! Anyway, I just wanted to thank you for finishing this story, and thus locking into a place a cornerstone in the Ranma fandom. The Pit is certainly one of the most meaningful pieces I have come across, in this fandom or otherwise. I'll be looking forward to the epilogue!
gippslander chapter 15 . 1/31/2015
I'II be sorry when this fic ends, although you probably won't be, given the sheer effort you have put into it. And this deserves saying - this effort is fully reflected in the quality of your storytelling, which is of an entirely different order than the common run of ranma fanfiction, even way before its now near dead state.
Although I cannot call myself a great enthusiast (but certainly not hostile) for what seems to be your preferred ranma ship, I will cheerfully concede, aside from ranma and akane, ranma and ryoga have the strongest dynamic through the course of the manga. A pair of dynamics you exploit here to considerable effect.
I think my only quibble would be with the handling of genma, I felt I needed a greater sense of his own desperation and limited options given his ambitions for his I'm simply uncomfortable with any member of Takahashi's cast being painted as irredeemable - even genma!
Anyway, I hope that the conclusion of this story does not mean the end of your involvement in writing ranma fic.
335 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »