Reviews for Pretty Good Year
pluckedwings chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
I love this pairing to bits and pieces and I think your story gave me cavities.
MCalhen chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Oh, hey, this is that fic I said I realized you wrote that I didn't read. I decided to amend that. I have a lot of catching up to do with Spiral fanfics, actually. When reading this, I felt like I had before, possibly? But I normally leave COMMENTS, that's what freaks me out - there's no comment on this one from me. And anyway, if I did read it long ago, I'm happy to reread it because I must've forgotten a lot and it's delightful.

Oh man, I love post-Spiral stories so much. Especially YOUR Spiral stories, post-or-not, anything really. They never fail to make me smile even as I'm going through varying emotions. :')

Dear god I loved this line and giggled and thought, "YOU STILL HAVE TRACES OF KOUSUKE & EYES!":

"Also very corny, which was exactly Rutherford's style. Neither of them mentioned it, either, which was also exactly his style."

Gah, love that whole paragraph intensely.

I love how Ryouko would be "pregnant by Christmas" but it's clear she could have just run out and got more pills or refrained from sex - obviously she wanted babies as much as Kousuke. Bwhaha.

"The other Narumi brother mourned the waste of so much money for such an idiot with a thousand fake tears, accompanied with a moving rant-slash-speech and a few sparkles. His wife's expression didn't even change as she kicked him."

Oh Kiyotaka, this is why I love you so much

"gone Terminator"

What is with that movie and the likeness with this series in the last few days? But that's a ramble for another time, it just amused me to see that. :')

And Eyes calling Kousuke "Kanone" by accident. y u break mah heart, Aza, with this? ;-;

Of course, I love how this bothers the shit out of Kousuke. And how Ryouko still feigns dislike for Eyes. Ah, they make such a wonderful crew, these Blade Children.

Oh god, and Ayumu and Rutherford are such trolls to Kousuke. "Haha, been wondering what Ryouko likes you for! HURHUR"

I love how happy Rio is about the baby, and even comes back because Kousuke is too much of a moron to care for his own child. -cracks up- I can see her being completely crazy about any children and eager to spoil and take care of all her little nieces and nephews...xD

Eyes is always so tsundere, but it's clear he loves children. Haha.

Gosh, this was so fluffy and cavity-inducing, you know that, right? Thanks for sharing. (:
Tears Parallel chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
I laughed at the fact that Rutherford was smitten with Kousuke and Ryouko's baby. But then I immediately stopped laughing when I've read that it was probably because the baby looked so much like Kanone. I still haven't gotten over the fact that Kanone was to die for Kiyotaka's beliefs Hizumi's decisions.

I just can't imagine Rutherford holding a baby that had just barfed all over him. It would totally ruin his image but at the same time I can imagine it because of his corniness hidden kindness.
KidTantei chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
Oh gosh. All of that happened in a year... Wow. That's totally fun! I want to be Eyes' relative now :( I'm so happy for their kid. Getting such a rich person as an uncle.

Love how you end each section! :D
pengiechan chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
I have been thinking about reviewing this for four days. I have really just been trying to come up with the proper words for four days. But the only thing my brain will come up with sounds like either "hngggghhh" or "dawwwwwwww."

I am a sucker for fluff. Fluff makes everything okay. Especially when it involves Kousuke, Ryouko, and BABIES. THEIR babies. I've touched on that idea before and plan on touching on it again (primarily because I've had the "future" of these characters specifically planned out in my head for years now, but it's not like I ever get to writing it)... uh... where was I going with this?

Oh my. Alright. What should I say here? It's adorable, Kousuke is just so simply... well, Kousuke... and it's no wonder that he jacked the story. And Ayumu, too... Just perfect. Your characterization is very well-done!

I think the "pills" part of the thing confused me a little (birth control?), so I had to reread any mentions of those to understand what was meant there. I may be dense, but I'm still not sure I get it 100%. And I'm feeling that the "Eyes calls Kousuke Kanone" part was left over from the original plot... as it feels just a touch out of place within the rest of everything else. I'm not sure... It feels a bit "off," to me. But maybe that's because the rest is so lovely and fluffy.

A funny note: I always thought Kousuke was farsighted. There's really no confirmation either way though, is there? For all we know, the glasses could even be for show!

Write more! We shall carry this section on our shoulders, you and I. :D