Reviews for The Simple Joys of Home
Guest chapter 1 . 8/17/2018
Fun!
LittleLurker chapter 1 . 3/14/2018
Another very, very lovely fix. I actually love Sherlock's experiments even if it's poisoned cookies, scones or mince pies... Thanks for sharing! D.
Hoseki13 chapter 1 . 8/20/2016
i can see this happening. they should make an episode of this
3DPhantom chapter 1 . 1/21/2016
Great story! Poor John! Hilarious and well informed.
Belen09 chapter 1 . 8/24/2015
I just came across your story - this happened when I was small - probably 8 or 9 years old:

So my mom made oatmeal cookies, not her usual but hey, a treat nonetheless - most people would just take a bite out of a cookies, but I liked to savor the treat as she didn't 'do' sweets that often. So my dad and my sister are taking large bite and I am nibbling - odd thing they can't seem to actually 'take' a bite, and I notice the edge of something sticking out of the cookies. It's cheese-cloth and it's an April Fool's prank. Didn't exactly go over the way she planned as everyone was angry at her . . .

Ten years later, and I asked for a cherry pie for my birthday - odd I know, but I had my reasons and my mom's apple pies were very good. Except as the 'birthday person' I got the first piece and found out immediately that she had forgotten to pit the cherries . . .

I understand John's problem!

Very good story!
duorock chapter 1 . 3/23/2015
loved the end! pretty hallucinations!
ImaginaryNumber chapter 1 . 10/13/2014
Haha! That's so like both of them, love it.
Rachelea chapter 1 . 9/24/2014
Hahaha this is beautiful.
Pocket Full of Pens chapter 1 . 4/18/2014
I really, really enjoyed this! Poisoning baked goods sounds just like something Sherlock would do. Only problem is now I really want a cookie...
Louey06 chapter 1 . 4/15/2014
This is beautiful. Sherlock would totaly do this and poisen all the food. I can picture this perfectly. very nice story. Shame John didn't get any non-lethal cookies though.
librarywitch chapter 1 . 3/13/2014
You know, John really should have known. Even that quick in their relationship. So this is his fault, at least that is what Sherlock is sure to think. Well done.
englishtutor chapter 1 . 2/24/2014
Absolutely delightful! And John is quite right-no one should ever poison the tea!
Beside Moonlight chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
Poor John... the biscuits though!
Heather Snow chapter 1 . 12/3/2013
Poor, poor John. Can totally see Sherlock doing this. And I love that bit about the tea.
Ballykissangel chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
Poor John! I laughed so hard!

"No one should ever poison the tea!"