Reviews for Dobby's Return
PaC chapter 11 . 12/27/2015
Despite the changes, the canon training wheels, slash canon plot paths are still too much in play to not be rather boring.

It seemed early on, that there was a lot of contradiction about Dobby being in service or NOT to House Malfoy. Canon "clothes giving" is crap, IMO, and should in any fanfic, be REMADE as some sort of symbolic act at the most, but NOT how one exiles an elf from enslavement to a House.

Lots of filler and trivia.
Dobby IMO could use a makeover REBOOT improvement from canon He doesn't need a huge boost, like say, Kathryn518's super attack bodyguard elf Dobby persona in her StarWars Xover fic. But a few baby steps at least, in that direction, departing from your still SO canon meek babble speaking Dobby, would add some improvement to your more boring conflicted, too canon IMO Dobby.

No explanation or reason Dobby is so worried about hiding how he knows shit, and keeping his time travel shit secret, WHY? No explanation is forthcoming why this is necessary..

I tired and hoped but feel it is time to quit the fic, that it just is not interesting enough for me to continue. Should this fic be in haitus, perhaps you might consider my complaints to do some editing, make some changes to Dobby and to the plot being more changed up than still using canon so often for the story plotline, upon returning to writing this story..
PaC chapter 1 . 12/27/2015
Two years no updates, so it's not extremely apparently guaranteed abandoned.
But I'll assume it might not be a dead never to be completed fic. I'll not write long reviews to encourage improvement or changes since it might be DOA and waste of my time, but mostly suggest small shit, LIKE Hedwig here, left locked up. Dobby should care about master Harry's owl, and if Harry was too dumb to ask, Dobby should have offered to unlock Hedwig's cage. Hell, a non-emasculated Harry should bend or break open Hedwig's cage. I laugh how a "caged boy", a kid locked up in a cupboard, would later even OWN a cage or allow his owl to be locked up.
IMO, by end of second year, Harry would have lost all fear of the Dursleys, NOT be intimidated by them or the so called underage magic crap. And he was best suited for Slythering, LOL. AND there are enchanted objects he could purchase AND potions one would think should exist, to use on the Dursleys if needed. THE ONLY fic I've seen bother with potions, is Belial's Brightest Witchj in Darkest House fic. I've seen a handful of Harry making enchanted objects, often using runes on objects that work like a pre-loaded spell in a wand would, for those rare fics that have actual "loaded wands" as if wands can have spells loaded up like bullets in a gun, which is a bit silly IMO, not very intuitive or consistent with canon wand shit.
Anyway, caged owls dragged around in cages is IDIOTIC, instead of just letting them effing fly to Hogwarts. And either Harry IMO would get rid of the cage, or have it transfigured into a perch, AND break [cut with bolt cutters or hack saw] the cage open if Vernon put a lock on it. NO WHERE do I read Hedwig having a bloody perch, WHY, considering Fawks has a perch, sure, caging a phoenix without anti-phoenix-fire-travel ward shit of some kind is a bit dumb, but why all fanfics I've read copy the "caged owl" crap of canon I'll always roll my eyes about.
excessivelyperky chapter 22 . 11/21/2015
Oh, yes, I’m sure Sirius and Remus are telling Harry all about the fun they had with Snivvy, too. After all, nearly murdering a Slytherin is *always* hilarious, right? I’m sure they’re starting with the milder pranks, to gauge his interest, and then lead into the really fun stuff (especially Sirius when he gets drunk).

And the Trio will love it, sadly enough (and since Dobby only remembers Snape as the Evil Headmaster, will think those stories are funny, too).
Charlie0925 chapter 25 . 11/17/2015
Gosh I am LOVING THIS AMAZING FIC! Just wish there was more of it! ;o)
excessivelyperky chapter 21 . 10/24/2015
Hurrah for Dobby! (I wonder how much gold is in a Galleon...and if Hogwarts is hiring...).

I'm glad he has an official contract now.
xXEllegaardXx chapter 25 . 10/23/2015
Make more please please please!
LeprechaunJV chapter 25 . 10/19/2015
Excellent! Hope you continue the story to completion.
Look forward to your updates.
MrRobertsIII chapter 25 . 9/26/2015
What a unique fic! I see you haven't touched it in awhile, but I hope you come back to it.

So many back-in-time fics, but this is the first one with Dobby I've read.
MrRobertsIII chapter 7 . 9/26/2015
A unique and very amusing fic.
Riolucake chapter 14 . 9/19/2015
Amazing!This story is amazing and I'm glad you wrote it I'm reading the whole fic because I have nothing else to do XD
MuggleCreator chapter 25 . 9/10/2015
Oh dear! Great fic. You've got to feel for Dobby at times... I like his he isn't all-knowing; e.g., doesn't know everyone's full stories...
All the characterisations are pretty spot-on.
SeanHicks4 chapter 25 . 9/6/2015
Cool redo fic, I never really seen one that focused on Dobby before...although I had a bit of dejavu on that Christmas chapter...maybe I accidentally pulled it up when I meant another fic...
Guest chapter 3 . 8/4/2015
I thought it wasn't purposeful to activate the Trace when Dobby floated the cake.
lmill123 chapter 5 . 7/30/2015
I loved Dobby and I am enjoying this story. Authur should have taken the book to Madam Bones or Crocker instead of letting Dumbledore take it with him. Especially when Dumbledore refused to answer why Harry needed to stay with the Dursey's .
lija chapter 25 . 6/21/2015
I adore Dobby and very much depressed when he was killed in DH. So this story is a soothing balm to appease my sadness. Such a unique POV. Look forward to more and hope that Dumbledore don't interfere w/Dobby once he start becoming suspicious of his actions.