Reviews for Wars Are Won: Turbo
jody.edwards.790 chapter 2 . 3/5
Fun read! I found some of the transitions between past tense/present tense a little on the rough side, but considering I hadn't read any of the previous fics, it was relatively smooth to follow along. Been missing these guys! Haven't been a part of the fandom since I was a kid. I think you convinced me ;)
The-Ruby-Rabbit chapter 2 . 11/7/2014
WOW. What can I say, but Brava!
KATT9033 chapter 2 . 12/21/2013
Now this was interesting and i like how Throttle's past caught up with him. Just like how Charlie's did. Thanks for another great read and please continue this wonderful series.
sw0216831 chapter 2 . 2/10/2013
Awesome story. I have just gotten into the Biker Mice series and your stories really help to peak my interests. Too bad it is so hard to come by the original episodes these days. Thanks again for the awesome stories.
mouse lemur chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
Your writing is incredible, but I really didn't like Charlie in this story. I can't help feel you made her an irate bitch. I was was no longer rooting for this pairing.
Hera Ledro chapter 2 . 4/6/2012
I...I haven't reviewed this? WHAT? I read it the INSTANT I got the e-mail a year and a half ago, and...I didn't review this? STUPID STUPID STUPID! I can't even remember if I've reviewed your other works!

So with that in mind, here is my attempt at a brief-yet-hopefully-thorough review of the Wars are Won series (I have also read your Evil Jack series, but that's a review for another time).

I think what draws me to your work most is the fact that your plots are mainly character driven, that everything that happens is due to the personalities and natures of the characters you portray. You're bang-on with the Bros and Charley, something that I rarely see in fiction nowadays (or nearly 2 years ago, admittedly), and your original characters are not shallow, nor do they resist development in the overarching subplots in your work. The best example is that these works, in my interpretation, are done with the main intention of building the relationships, but rather than shove relationships on the characters like many a shipper in any fandom, you allow the relationships to build over time. Patience is a virtue, and quite a worthy investment in literature.

In my readings, characters are the most important aspects of literature. The plotline of a story can be as solid as the Pyramids, but weak characters quickly sandblast the quality to dust. Conversely, the weakest story can be somewhat mitigated by engaging and multi-dimensional characters (Your Mileage May Vary; I know mine does). With that in mind, I'd like to make a comprehensive review of your characters. I'll try not to give my favourite characters more limelight than others, but I make no promises; part of what makes them my favourite characters are the complexities and natures that make them so multi-dimensional in your works.

I would like to address Throttle alone, but you have made that impossible for me. At this point in the Wars Are Won saga, you have forced readers to look at characters based on how they react to one another, and have made those ties interminable when attempting to discuss them individually. In the case of Throttle, I am forced to discuss him as a character at the same time as I discuss Charley. In general I would say Modo and Vinnie, but the camaraderie you display between the Biker Mice does not develop in spades, at least not in my reading. In my interpretation of your work, you seem to acknowledge that the relationship the Bros share is to an extent malleable, but ultimately there is little that can make their bonds stronger than they already are. They have been through hell and back, fought wars that humans hadn't even considered in the canon, and so they are bonded as strongly as the tokara/tokaro that you created, though in different ways (again, just my interpretation).

With the Throttle-Charley relationship, we have something different. Charley does not share Throttle's experiences in the way that Vinnie and Modo do, yet they find themselves bonded to one another with ties as strong as those between Throttle, Vinnie, and Modo. Part of this comes from heartbreak - both have been through it, both have come out of it together - and part of it comes from their own nature as survivors. Throttle has been a survivor since the tragedy of losing his mother in such a medieval fashion (by the way, excellent tie-in with the reference in Wars Are Won: Put Me Back Together; the blink-and-you'll-miss reference to the alenish was very subtle and very well-placed), and Charley has been a survivor since the loss of her father only a few years prior to the Mice's arrival.

That you take this relationship and simply coax it forward and allow it to build its own momentum from a series of misunderstandings and negative emotions is done very well, almost masterfully. Now as a fellow writer I understand that there may have been points where you had to borderline force the plot forward, but I see little, if any, of that in the dynamics between Throttle and Charley. I can't see where you fought to make the ideas flow, or in the rare spot that I may think "This seems like it was tough to get out" I always brush it off because I remember that you're portraying the relationship realistically: like writing, life doesn't just progress itself. It needs to be progressed by the livers. You capture that in the way you write Throttle and Charley; there are rough patches, but that is what makes the relationship so interesting.

This sense of life is what pervades the characters in general. Modo and Vinnie - especially Modo, I think - have this very unique and refreshing air of reality about them. They are still fantastic and fantastical as befitting their nature as '90s cartoon heroes, but you give them as many lemons as you do oranges, and in the end they have to make the best they can out of both. Case in point: Sparks. He is one of those rare instances where a plot device/character acts as a lemon-orange hybrid. Sparks brings to the story as much resolution as he does conflict, and much of both is based entirely how he interacts with the other characters. The way he was thrust into the lives of the Biker Mice; how he is one of the reasons Zack is still alive; how he is a kid that can get himself into trouble, but also a kid who can get himself out of trouble or at least keep the trouble at bay until help arrives (some exceptions apply).

I will cut this off here; I would like to spend hours gushing over what you do in your work. It's likely that I could write a thesis on characterization with just what you've supplied me (not likely, but one can always dream), but that would at this moment be an unwise use of your time. If ever you want to discuss or debate the importance of characters and characterization in texts, I am available through FanFiction, and maybe even e-mail. Know that you have a fan in me, and that I enjoyed reading your work all the way through.

Yours Truly,

Hera Ledro
Ljuba chapter 2 . 4/13/2011
I like those story! I have read the first part on your site...And I'm sooooooooooo happy to have found the sequel here! Uh I want to see Throttle and Charlie baby/ies!
Mei chapter 2 . 10/3/2010
I know i've already reviewed, but everytime i read this i think, wow!

such a fantastic series, such a fantastic creative storyline and beautiful character development. love your work.

mei xoxo
Riover chapter 2 . 9/18/2010
So much awsome packed into 2 chapters! definately my favourite of your stories!

really really like Tala and Vinnie!

Rio

xoxox
Rainbowluvr17 chapter 2 . 9/9/2010
*snorts* Poor Modo.

L-O-V-E Tala though she is AWE-SOME! And Sparks is awesome!
Sullys1 chapter 2 . 9/6/2010
Wow! Great story, flawless writing, tightly scripted action scenes, a little naughty - absolute literary perfection! Thanks for a GREAT story.
SamuraiPrincess01 chapter 2 . 8/25/2010
Yay! More Biker Mice fanfiction from KLCtheBookworm!

Very powerful second chapter, KLC. You had me going in tears in some sections too. And I was laughing at how everyone acted when Sparks got his own motorcycle (didnt Modo realized it was only a matter of time? ;))

I look forward to reading more the next chance you have to publish some.
The Third Biker Scholar chapter 2 . 8/25/2010
wow! a most excellent chapter, and thank you so much for posting the rest of it. it really made my day to see this story updated. you are a really great writter, and this fandom deserves more like you.

i can't wait to read what the next story arc will be! will it be for modo to find someone? that lady cop sounded like an interesting character, in 'let us give thanks'. hmm.
The Third Biker Scholar chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
...my god, you are so evil! a cliffhanger! there!

my heart was pounding! good lord. loved this! i'm so glad to see more of this awesome series! i can't wait to see what else you have in mind for this, if the first chapter is this killer.

love it, love it, love it!
Mei chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Such amazing work! i read the whole thing on your other page, and your work just gets better and better! this is definately my favourite! love Charley and Throttle together! Particularly love the way that Tala and Throttle rub each other the wrong way throughout the series.

Really like Turbo, very well developed character, as a psych student i'm picking up some very interesting themes running through that character.

Anways love it! please keep writing!

Mei xox