Reviews for Wishful Thinking
untapdtreasure chapter 12 . 2/28
Great ending to the perfect setup started in the other story!
white raven chapter 12 . 6/14/2013
I recently watched all the Earth 2 episodes after discovering them on Netflix. I've been a huge fan of Clancy Brown's since his Highlander days but never saw him in this particular role until now. Very different from his usual villanous roles, but he handles it with style. I loved the John Danziger character and thought him a great match for the Devon Adair character. I really liked how you played upon that and carried the thread of their relationship into this lovely story. You certainly remained true to the characters on the show, and it was lovely to watch the relationship blossom. Thanks for writing such a wonderful tale.
Emerald Kitten chapter 12 . 5/8/2012
I have only just found this story, and I couldn't stop reading it! I loved this show when I was younger, and I think you captured Devon and John's voices perfectly. The exchanges between them are definitely true to character. I love that despite their feelings being out in the open, you still made them fight. It wouldn't be these two without a lot of fighting!
NLMinStL chapter 12 . 9/10/2010
Sorry it has taken me so long to finish my review. This was a very fun story. It's made me want to watch the epsiodes again. I loved your characterizations. There were many powerful and moving moments throughout this piece. I think my favorite scene was when John tells Devon it was his dream and then they slowly realize what happened. Great stuff and very believeable. Thanks for posting, it was great!
NLMinStL chapter 2 . 8/19/2010
What a fun idea having Alonzo bring them onto the dreamplane. Great chapter!
NLMinStL chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
I love the idea of adding 'missing' scenes to the episodes. I've read stories like this for another fandom and it's a terrific idea. I think you've captured Devon and Danziger perfectly and I can't wait to see how this turns out!
Guest chapter 12 . 8/19/2010
What a great story! Such wonderful details and so true to the characters. It's impressive that you've captured the show so well. I always enjoy the way you write Devon and Danziger.

Joan Powers chapter 11 . 8/19/2010
This was beautiful.

Joan Powers chapter 9 . 8/19/2010
Trying not to give anything away here. This was heartbreaking yet very in character.

Joan Powers chapter 8 . 8/19/2010
I love the situation you've created here. You dropped a nice little hint in an earlier chapter that Devon and John were visiting the Dream Plane on their own power. Poor Alonzo - what's he going to do?

Joan Powers chapter 7 . 8/18/2010
No matter how many versions of curing Devon I read, I still get caught up in them. What a joyful time. Will Devon be able to pursue her dreams?

Joan Powers chapter 6 . 8/18/2010
I always hated that they left the show like this. How ironic that Danziger doesn't have the camp vote on the decision to leave but you've explained his reasons beautifully.

Nice job with Alonzo too. He meant well.

Joan Powers chapter 5 . 8/18/2010
What a beautiful scene. I'm excited that Danziger seems to be working up the nerve to say something to her.

Joan Powers chapter 4 . 8/18/2010
I love all the little details you add. The rationale for why four had to go on the trip and why those particular four. Devon and John both trying to understand their "dreams".

Joan Powers chapter 3 . 8/18/2010
Great way to tie the dreamplane communication into established events. Great use of Morgan too.

I especially liked this line:

that without John around to keep Devon's raging egomania in check, she would probably impose martial law or anoint herself Queen of G889 or some-such nonsense.

That had me laughing.