Reviews for Survivor
Alymer-A chapter 4 . 4/6
So, I really like this story! Not many people are willing to introduce an OC who thinks like L - they often believe it adds one too many characters with that mindset, what with Light and Near, so it's not an overused concept. That's all the more fantastic for you. Good job, being brave!
There were just 3 very tiny things I noticed. And please don't think I'm picking on you, I haven't even read any of your other writing and this is really awesome. I know the story was completed 4 years ago and I wouldn't want you to feel like you have to go back and edit anything. To be honest, it's almost better if you don't - integrity preservation, all that.

1. I feel like Rei probably wouldn't want to call Soichiro 'Dad' in the workplace. You mentioned that she doesn't want to tweak people's feelings without a good reason and I feel like reminding people that her father is the one who employed her may make them feel undervalued. Also, it might actually be fun for her to get to call her Dad 'Chief' :)

2. The way she exactly predicts L's plans with complete certainty. Rei is not, in my opinion, a Mary Sue, but she might seem a little Mary Sue-ish if she doesn't question L just a tiny bit. So, at the ICPO conference, if she were to say something like, "A direct confrontation? That wasn't L's usual approach. But then again, this was an unusual case so I supposed unusual methods were called for."
-blahblah-
"But it didn't make sense. L had never shown his face before. Could he be planning on a stand-in? Someone who he wouldn't mind dying - that the world wouldn't miss. That would make sense. He would have to give a name. That way, Kira could kill him and give us the proof we needed. At least, I hoped that was it."

3. She giggled when L used himself as bait. This is a man she admires and hopes to meet one day, yet she seems happy that he's putting his life on the line before the case is solved. At this point, it's not confirmed that Kira needs a name and a face to kill. Despite Rei and L's suspicions, this doesn't become confirmed until the first few officers demand reassignment, either in the 3rd or 4th episode, I can't remember which (and that's another thing, I'm loving the direct quotes!). I don't think Rei would panic, since she's not really THAT person, but if it were me, I would probably freeze - feel the wheels turning, but not know what to think.

So, yeah. Love this!
NorthernMage chapter 55 . 3/20
It's taken me quite a while, but I've finished reading this.

...all I have to say, is wow. This is absolutely amazing. Honestly, I expected Rei to find a way around L's death, so that chapter was a bit more painful than I was expecting, but still, this story was written beautifully, and given how little of Matt was in the anime, I really enjoyed getting to see some more of him shown here.

Raito and Ryuzaki Lawliet, huh? I always thought Lawliet was L's first name, but this interpretation is awesome as well.

Anyway, loved this!
Hannah chapter 55 . 2/22
The ending was great. but who is Rei's husband? i don't quite understand that. i'm sorry and thank you for writing. it was simply amazing! :)
Hannah chapter 44 . 2/21
Okay i'm at chapter 44 rn and i am actually speechless when reading this chapter (i felt sad, felt like crying and all).

And yes, i was hoping from the moment i've read this fiction, L would survive and live happily ever after with Rei or they had to seperate since L would be returning back to England after Kira's case done.

But it's okay. It's more like the original story if L's dead in the end (crying lol can't help it)

Anyway, you did a really good job writing this. it was superb! it felt real and i loved Rei as oc in here. She's definitely great.

the way you potrayed each and every characters in this anime is simply amazing. you really did a good job! i'm going to continue reading this. Thank you for writing until it finishes :)
Hannah chapter 32 . 2/20
I'm loving Rei in this fic already! She's definitely cool and oh i also love L in here heheh he's too cute :)
Hannah chapter 14 . 2/19
THAT WAS SO SWEET OMG
M chapter 7 . 2/8
When you add another factor into the equation, the solution should change significantly. I felt that a lot of the story remained almost identical to the original plot although there was a significant change (the addition of another major character). Also, Rei was most definitely a Mary Sue.
Great concepts. Too out of character. Some parts were difficult to believe would actually happen, especially for L.
LoZfan86 chapter 55 . 1/27
Wow wow wow wow wow wow! I read this story over the course of 2 days. I would've finished it sooner but I could only read during my free time. I have to congratulate you on a job well done! Though it's a shame I can't read any LxOC inserts where he doesn't end up dying, but I suppose that's just the way it is. I got so much enjoyment out of this! Thank you so very much for writing it and sharing it with the world! :)
Vrael of Invisibility chapter 33 . 1/25
Okay, I did a double take during chapter 33 when Mrs. Yagami told Rei to show 'L' her room. I'm going to assume that was a mistake in the writing instead of Sachiko Yagami knowing who Ryuuzaki actually is.
BethylOTPs chapter 2 . 1/22
The way you described L hearing that Rei likes apples had me rolling on the floor with laughter
Anonymous chapter 5 . 1/21
Your characters are too flat.
bored chapter 1 . 1/17
MARY SUE WAHAHAHAHAHA
guest chapter 9 . 12/31/2014
L: I'm gonna stay far away from her.
*puts up cameras*
I-saw-it-first chapter 55 . 11/11/2014
I can't tell you how much I'm crying. This story was bloody beautiful, and I loved it from start to finish. It's not often a fanfic can draw out such strong emotions in me, but you fid just that. I also want to thank you, even though you may not ever read this, but I've been going through a lot of shit lately, and it's been affecting me, causing me to sink into a depression and think some fucked up thoughts that made me feel shit. I guess you could say anime is my way of escaping reality, and fanfiction is another way, so coming across a well written piece of work such as this makes the perfect distraction. This got real deep, so I'll just end it now. Thanks 3
1,226 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »