Reviews for Shine
Delylah chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
I liked this. I always feel bad for that krogan, too, rejected for not being perfect and reduced to being target practice for a bunch of lousy mercs. Nice fix :)
battybiologist chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Cute but a little bit too much on the short side. Well written, though I'm not sure why Shepard's parents named her after a chair. Kind of unfortunate, really.
BladesoftheValkyrie chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
I want more! Awesome work. :)
Thessili chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
I'll leave my review on here, too! Just because :)

I wish I was as good at writing the kind of beautiful reviews you leave for everyone else, but I shall try my best :)

I've always felt guilty leaving that guy behind. Being tank born and imprinted always felt like pushing a child into an adults body to me. Lots of 'memories' with no experience behind it. You've captured that so beautifully here, showing how innocent Tango is, how lost and alone on that ruined world.

At the same time, you use very subtle strokes (as always with your stories!) to show us who Aeron is, how she thinks, who her friends are.

There's some beautiful imagery too - how she compares the krogan - not traditionally seen as delicate - to the flower: something rare and beautiful.

And the closing - I can almost see the next scenes - her explaining to Garrus who might shrug and trust her, Jack who might openly scoff (but inwardly appreciate that Shepard looks after her own).

The way you mention her brother, such a casual aside, yet it tells us so much - her life, what she might have been through, what she might have lost.
BuritsuFemShep chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
D'awwww if only this was a part of the game :3
Katerina Kintari chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
Wow, you are such an excellent writer. This makes me so curious about that poor Krogan. I always wondered what happened to him afterward. You even gave him a name! So excited to see where you go with this.