Reviews for Crippled Clock Work
Lil Miss Morningstar chapter 21 . 3/17
So I had a bit of a nostalgia trip of a weekend, and I found myself back into the Star Ocean section of ffdotnet since... damm... probably over five years. Anyway, after some browsing I found this lovely piece of work. Shame that it looks like it's been on standby for a while, but I figured I'd make some time to write a proper review.

At first, your little page breaks left me tripping, because half the time I had to read down and go back up again to check if it was still the same overall scene or if you changed scenes. Eventually I just forced myself to just go with the flow, even if a few more times later i did have to double back.

One wild guess of mine was that ffdotnet's formatting had been screwing with you at some point, and you just kept doing it like so for consistency's sake.

Now that I got that rant out of my system, oh the lovely bromance that had been going at the start. It was fun seeing Albel follow Fayt not-quite-so-reluctantly and even put up with some silliness from the old group's part. And then there's Peppita with her way-older-than-she-is wisdom. But the prize went to Albel hiding from Peppita's girly trips. Now *that* was a good laugh. Even big, bad Albel, can't bring himself to really harm a little pipsqueak, hehehehe. Or Fayt for that matter, no matter how much he says otherwise.

The next part that got the hooked on the story was all those flashbacks/visions that assaulted Fayt every so often. Granted a good part of these were a bit hard to discern because of the formating, since you liked to mix styles and it made it a bit difficult to tell what was vision and what was reality. And then when Fayt starts to sleepwalk, is when I really thought 'ohsnap-'. Add Fayt's powers going haywire, one smexy back-rub, all those mysterious murders, that fight in Sulferio where Fayt nearly lost it... dam good intrigue.

Another interesting part was your reasoning behind Aquaria's Queen's actions. In your story, she did not feel like the relatively weak-willed figurehead that she felt like (at least to me) in game. She knows that Fayt's group saved her kingdom from war with Airyglyph, and later the universe as a whole, but they did bring the wrath of the Vendeeni and several other problems with them. In a way she hates them for basically being used, but she can't do anything bad to them while they are still viewed as saviors. A lovely plot twist right there.

The other characters do feel like they are spot on. I must fully agree with Sophia being a clingy, hopeless fangirl (she grated on my nerves to bad in game). I had my doubts on Maria and her crush on Cliff for a bit, but in hindsight I can see it happening. I mean, who wouldn't have a crush if they were rescued by some good looking guy? Nel was a bit more of a workaholic with a dash of paranoia, but that could be due to the situation and the imminent betrayal. The rest of the gang was their oh so lovable selves. Excellent work.

Quick suggestion: if you ever go back and edit past chapters, maybe you can keep all flashbacks separate from the main storyline, and keep then in italics. And when a character is thinking on a given dream, the reference could be written with normal formatting, without going back and forth.

Anyway, if you do decide to pick this story back up, i'll see you then. Cheers.
Jigoku Hikari chapter 21 . 9/13/2014
I have to tell you that I like this story very very much. I love the way it's written, the tone and voice. I like how the characters are kept IN character, and this is so very believable, like it could really HAPPEN in the SO universe. So you get a standing ovation from me, because of the awesomeness that is this fic.

And coming from a girl that is primarily all for Cliff/Albel, in this case I have been converted. I'm SO rooting for Albel/Fayt to FINALLY get together here.

I will patiently await the continuation of this lovely fic.
R4m 0f Th3 F0r3st chapter 21 . 7/31/2014
Gaaaaaah i need mooooooore! Mooooore!
Guest chapter 21 . 2/4/2014
I just went through and read through this story for old times sake. Still just as excellent as it was when I first read it. I really hope you update again someday!
blackkyu chapter 21 . 12/17/2013
Heh, cant wait to see whats gonna happen next. It would really be a shoker if Sophia was quilty, but i doubt that. Anyhow, till next time!
hihazuki chapter 21 . 11/19/2013
I've been going through my alerts and came across this fic again and read it all over again from scratch. It reminds me of how much I was infatuated with SO3, and with Albel/Fayt in particular. Reading this brought back some of the feels. I wish you'd update the rest of the chapters!
Heartless Lotus chapter 20 . 6/21/2013
Oh my god...please update! This story is so captivating and I love everyone in your story (even though I usually hate Sophia, I love her in this story). I wanna see the end of this story, no matter if it's tragedy or happy ending. I wanna get mad at the queen, but as she said, she's from underdeveloped planet and she wouldn't understand the risk of Fayt's power.

I nearly cried when it's being revealed that Fayt is the killer. Nooooo- poor Fayt QAQ

And when his relationship with Albel is getting better too! *cried in the corner of the room*

I want to comfort Maria so much TTOTT
Albel Venex chapter 20 . 4/8/2013
I just stumbled upon this story not so long ago and I just can't wait to see where it's going to go. It's such an original, interesting story; love it can't wait for the next update! :)
rhf1229 chapter 20 . 3/26/2013
wow. im sooooo excited about where the story is going now, especially all of this stuff with the Queen! I really like how you've written her, it totally fits with her behavior in the game and her suspicions about off-world people. And where is she getting her information about "underdeveloped" planets? The plot is thickening! Thanks for continuing to update; I love this story! The plot is so original
hihazuki chapter 20 . 3/7/2013
I'm glad you're still continuing this story! It had to take me awhile to read the previous chapters to remember what happened because it seemed so long ago that you last updated. Finally, Maria has the guts to tell him the truth! And Fayt, when is he going to be coherent again?

Looking forward to your next update!
celina hamzeh chapter 1 . 1/26/2013
hahahahahahahjahahahahahahah ahahah
rhf1229 chapter 19 . 12/20/2012
it's been a long time since I've had a chance to read this story, but holy crap! I re-read the entire thing in a couple of hours to get caught up. The way you write the characters is really incredible. Sophia, Maria, Cliff-everyone gets so much depth and background, not to mention Fayt and Albel. Fayt is so awesome in this story-strong, conflicted, and confused at the same time. I'm so glad you're updating this story, and I can't wait to read the next chap! :)
PaganWanderer072 chapter 19 . 11/29/2012
yea new chapter! looking forward to the next one!
hihazuki chapter 19 . 11/21/2012
I love how Albel would still behave rashly like he always does to everybody to Fayt. That smack on the head is epic. I wonder what would happen next.
Rio 2.0 chapter 19 . 9/30/2012
This fic is one of the most glorious things I have ever read, and to come back like, years later and see UPDATES I was super overjoyed.

I eagerly await more because HOLY CRAP THERE IS SO MUCH HAPPENING