Reviews for The Ballad of John Doe
David88 chapter 13 . 5/7/2020
Really liked this
Kimmmmm chapter 9 . 1/1/2019
Yup, definitely a moment there. Definitely.
Anazarel chapter 13 . 4/4/2018
It. Was. Great.

You captured Spike's weirdness and cruel sense of humor sooo well, and also his reluctant friendship with the Bebop. I don't know, you only got them on point. I can imagine this being the 27th episode. Oh man. And leaving the romance out of it (well, not entirely, you did that splendidly too) was the thing that made this believable.

Right now, I only need a Spike/Faye fic written by you and set some time after the events of this fic, but I know I won't get it. Well, dreaming is for free.
Guest chapter 13 . 2/9/2016
can't carry a weight that's been lifted.

I'd tip my hat if I had one; very well done, my fruity friend.

-Zero
halfBLIND-coconuts chapter 13 . 1/31/2016
This just really captures that spirit of Cowboy Bebop. I agree with Spike being dead at the end because that's how I saw the series heading when it was winding down. But this was just written so effortlessly it's crazy how natural the events played out in this as if it were an episode 27 to the series.

And dude, love that your awesome taste in music never fails to be a relevant component in your work.
une valentine chapter 13 . 9/19/2008
Dear Agent Orange, I think I might be in love with you. Slightly? I loved this story. I agree that Spike is, in all likelihood, dead, but this is how I would have wanted it all to work out if he had survived. The Bebop crew, reunited. Some good fucking friendships. Catching bounties? Well, sometimes.

Awesome story, for reals. The perfect mix of funny and sad, just like the show itself. But with a happy ending, which I am a fan of. :)
bobalina chapter 13 . 11/28/2007
Lovely ending lines (for some reason, my favorite parts...mb they're just least confusing. But...that doesn't make sense, because they're the big philosophy with the least explanation...oh well). I esp. liked the coordination of the intro/conc quotes. Points for originality (of characters-do you think Spike would be that inquisitive as a 17-year-old/pre-Syndicate, whenever that was?). I gotta re-watch all the episodes-I have no recollection of their personalities. Anyway. Keep writing!

Toodles,

bobalina
cozycatastrophe chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
Ok, I'm submitting this review for this story, but it will go for all of your stories.

I love the way you write! Your voice is perfect for Cowboy Bebop. Especially when you write those little tiffs that Spike and Faye have. I was laughing so hard! Amazingly well written. Great job on all of your works!
Krimzonrayne chapter 13 . 1/27/2007
Holy shit! There should be a sequel, like where Ravi came to join the Bebop! That would kick so much asses people would be selling sore-creams on the street!
Revan's Pet Duck chapter 1 . 1/8/2007
So I'd leave a review on all your stories separately but is kind of a jerkface and says that I can only leave reviews every half an hour. Sheesh, what's up with that. Anyways, that aside, I've been reading your fics for a while, actually, I found them on big-big-truck. Then I found them on here just today. I just wanted to let you know that your Bebop fics are amazing, seriously. They're the best Bebop fics I've ever read and among the best fan fics I've ever read. Not only do you tell truly compelling stories, but you keep them in style with the Bebop way. That last bit, in itself, is an accomplishment at the vert least. I have seen too many Bebop fics that portray the characters incorrectly and I've probably written a few myself, but yours seem to always stay true to who the characetrs reall are and you don't demean a single one of them.

My favorite of your fics is perhaps The Reluctant Jezebel, probably because it portrays Julia as who I think she really is. I also love how Spike is not immediately the one that catches Julia's eye and she doesn't play the damsel in distress (if there's a damsel in distress, it's definitely Spike in that fic, heh). The characters seem REAL, something not always hard to do for some authors, but oftentimes hard to find for some readers. You also balance the politics and the emotions of the love triangle so well... well, I'm sure I'm going to overuse this term, but it's amazing.

In is a fabulous one shot, portraying a scene that really seems like it happened, no shock if it really did. It just fits so well, just like all of your fics.

Freaks Flock Together... well... this one made me laugh so much it was absurd. All of your fics make me laugh, of course, and I love the references you bring into them (making it all the more Bebop-esque), but this one was just fabulous and so like the crew of the Bebop. Amazing, honestly.

And then The Ballad of John Doe. I have yet to find a Bebop fic in which Spike lives that isn't complete crap... aside from this one. I've found some ones that are good crap, you know, the kinds that you like but know aren't much good, but yours... it just works. Under the Bridge especially, Spike and Faye's typical relationship... it's just right. The OCs and the Bebop characters, they all fit together so perfectly that no fan who hasn't read this fic could imagine such a work to be produced.

I wish I could give some criticism, but I'm just not worthy nor do I have really anything to criticize. Sure, nothing's perfect, but your work is near enough to perfect to fool me. I just wanted to let you know that I love your fics and think that they are practically canon with their Bebop feel and in character characters. I love re-reading them just like I love re-watching the series, to remind myself of why I love Cowboy Bebop so much.

So thank you, and fantastic job. :)
Amazonian21 chapter 13 . 8/27/2006
Good stuff. You spin a fine yarn.
kuroiyousei chapter 13 . 8/26/2006
That was a delightful story. Of course, FarStrider never steers me wrong, so I'm not surprised. You did excellent work bringing things back to "normal" in a logical, appropriate way. Without setting up or even implying any pairings! (Which is not to suggest that I have even the remotest problem in the world with pairings, but *I* wouldn't be able to try to get things back on track without at least one, heh) Very, very nice. Thanks for brightening my day.
kuroiyousei chapter 12 . 8/26/2006
OK, this chapter literally did make me cry. So much friends. Love love. I have no more stupid comments about it, so I will move on.
kuroiyousei chapter 11 . 8/26/2006
Good choice, girly! Go somewhere nice!

I would laugh so hard if he had blurted out a Bob Dylan lryic. Oh, wait, I'm already laughing so hard.

I adore the bits about him being sincere... because he's saying things that totally don't matter, so who cares if he's being sincere? Hilarious.

"Yes, it’s still floating around, hoping to fall ass backwards into money." That is a beautiful, beautiful line.

And now I am shrieking with laughter over the feeling of spike... hugging and strangling urges all in one... that is the best thing ever...

Good jobon that chapter. Now to see how Jet takes it.
kuroiyousei chapter 10 . 8/26/2006
Aww, now he's admitted stuff about Faye too. So much cute.

Ooh, that's super interesting. That she realizes he's what she will probably become. Oh. And a source of bonding and a moment of light-seeing. Good jobon them. _