Reviews for Sometimes a Boomstick is Just a Boomstick.
smeg1 chapter 1 . 10/28/2006
Best finishing line, and very in character. So much fun to read.
Mistress Baphomet chapter 1 . 11/3/2004
LMAO! Nice fic. Gotta love good old Ash. lol i love the line "and don’t get me started on the phallic symbolism of your ‘Boomstick’" - later!
Winged Wolf Warrior chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
Very interesting, Ash goes to the shrink and proves the movies to be more than delusions, good use of imagery. peace
3w
Jose Philipe Mendola chapter 1 . 8/20/2003
way to go. Ash talking to a dctor... that's a movie we need to see...
Night Skye Tears chapter 1 . 7/12/2003
good ash one-liners. but couldda been condensed, it tended to drag on, but thats just me.
ArashiPanduh Mikey chapter 1 . 3/31/2003
Ahh! . I loved this Jack! If my writing was so danged horrible I'd be inspired.
Droobles chapter 1 . 2/23/2003
LOL, this was a great story. Keep up the great work!

*The Godmother*
Val chapter 1 . 11/12/2002
It's good! But Ash wasn't an only child. He had a sister (Cheryl) She was in the first movie, lol.
Sof chapter 1 . 4/30/2002
:-)
loploiy chapter 1 . 4/20/2002
Brilliant.

Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the Gun.
Reg Stacey chapter 1 . 3/21/2002
went glitchy on me the first time, so let's try this again...I liked the story. Not bad at all. But I'm remiss to announce that Ash is NOT an only child...his sister Cheryl was among the party that went up to the cabin in the original Evil Dead, and was in fact the first deadite we, as an audience, encounter. Maybe Ash was just being contrary to the doc...just to rub his own pompous observations in his face. Too bad that wimp fainted...Ash should have kicked his candy-ass.
ScarletStarlet chapter 1 . 3/12/2002
Very Amusing. hehe.
Zhade chapter 1 . 3/9/2002
Great stuff!

I love the idea of Ash going to a disbelieving therapist only to be attacked by a Deadite while in session. Funny stuff, and the perfect mix of action and bad humor to satisfy me! Rock on!

One note: you seem to have dropped a few words (like 'eye'), might want to do a read-through for grammar or spelling errors. Other than that, it's pretty well-written. I'm adding this to my fave list _
Scarbie chapter 1 . 3/8/2002
Oh my goodness this was so hilarious. Ash going to the psychologist! I love your sense of humor. Ash's characterization was dead on. This is definitely going under my favorite stories!
james chapter 1 . 2/26/2002
a good piece. i liked the story. ash was cool, the doc was a prick.

the only complaint i would give is the overuse of adverbs. slightly, casually, menacingly, defensively, distrustfully, unaturally, equally, irately, all these take away from your story. granted, some are necessary evils, but in most case adverbs are telling, not showing, and rule # 1 is always show, don't tell the reader what they need to know.

simple things like telling us the furniture is expensive leather. just tell us it's leather. we know leather furniture is expensive and as a doctor, this guy can afford it.

now these are all small gripes. this is a good story. i look forward to reading anything else you post here. keep up the good work.