Reviews for Intorqueo de Fortuna
Sailor Pandabear chapter 6 . 1/11
Very good.
Ameban chapter 6 . 12/23/2014
Oh, my, I didn't expect to meet this story. I don't know if "Starscream was captured in the ice instead Skyfire" stories there are out here, but I'm glad to have found this one because several reasons.

The first is, in spite of what I said, I find the idea pretty interesting. The turn of events, even if it didnd't altered the war as a whole, gives a new scenario about how different the dinamics can be. The SIC in D-con army seems to be just another Screamer, but far ruthless. I also like your explications about the Flying types among the 'Bots, and how Meggs thought Starscream was a traitor just because he didn't follow his type's path.
But overall, I like your explications about why the Scientist Coundil never give a danm about the loss of Skyfire (in the original timeline), and Starscream (in your story). It's a nice touch Perceptor was aware about this story and told it to Starry.
Speaking of which: I also like the idea of Starscream getting along with Perceptor, Wheeljack and basically all the scientist group in the Ark. I always thought, in other conditions, in other circunstances, Starscream would have been welcome among them... and that's what precisely happens in this story.
I also like the idea of a centered Starscream, being really mature and having more self- steem than in the original story, where he suffers such abuse and makes himself such a prick just because the sake of his own fearsD'cons ideals. At this point, Starscream appears just like what he should be, not what he become in the original universe.
-However, the idea of humans making experiments with him over a century (quite much alike Meggs in the Movies), is quite disturbing and basically unimportant in this story. I think it's a flaw... Is Starscream really ok with that? Even if he's peaceful here, knowing his emotional tember, he would be quite annoyed with the idea.
The humans also are quite forgoten here because the A'bots speak to Skyfire about them, but the Suttle just ignore it, 0 curiosity about an inteligent species that basically didn't exist back the time he was on Earth for first time, neither asked Starscream "What they did to you?"

Skyfire, however, turns quite out for me in this story. It isnt' because the idea of he running away from a (in his mind)lost caused, and basically acting that coward, makes sense... But because it isn't developed enough.
I've the feeling you had a "hot potatoe" with this story and weren't totally sure about how to develope the issues you bring up, so, as a whole, Skyfire's portrait here is uncomplete. Did he ignore the war for so long, seriously? One thing is not getting involved in it, but after so many Wors of war, he just says "I heard there is a war in my homeplanet or something"...
Besides, 9 millions of years traveling around the galaxy would have give him some experience, meeting certain people, and not always a good one opinion of life. There is a huge gap here that might explain the change of attitude in Skyfire, not only because his cowardice in facing up the council.

I agree with other reviews: The A'bots behave like child-Teens in this story about the issue between Starry and Skyfire. It could come from the junior members, but not the seniors.
BTW, I laughed a lot with Red Alert's paranoia. XD

There is another thing I like about your story, and the word is "Friendship". I am sick tired to see every fic I see about Starscream and Skyfire happens to be slash. Such idea is getting old already, and I confess, at first I was reluctant to read this story because of that. But seeing a story that involves just FRIENDSHIP between those two is really refreshing!

My final verdict is I like this story, I like the ideas your portrait, the way you explain certain events, the originality... All in spite the flaws I spoke previously. Even if I've troubles reading some lines,I cannot juzge the grammar since I'm not English native-
So yes, this goes to favs.
Keep up the good work!
P.A.W.07 chapter 5 . 10/16/2014
I totally thought this looked familiar when I was reading it ... and then the last two chapters hit me like a bag of bricks. XD

Still an interesting idea. Glad to have reread it.
Spectral-Aspen chapter 6 . 8/17/2014
This was fascinating to read! I haven't read any of the fics where it's Starscream that get trapped in the ice. I really liked the way you portrayed everyone, you kept them believable despite the changes in past events.
Little Kunai chapter 4 . 2/2/2014
your gonna hafta tell him sooner or later
Little Kunai chapter 3 . 2/2/2014
well shit
Little Kunai chapter 2 . 2/2/2014
Little Kunai chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
interesting
Mimi MC chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
I just think love how you twisted this entire situation is. To imagine that the evil Starscream had, in canon, search desperately for his lost partner and returned for help, while the goody two-shoes Skyfire had abandoned him. So terrifyingly sad.
Ersatz Writer chapter 6 . 9/30/2012
I quite like this fanfic. :D Whilst I'm not too familiar with this non-Decepticon-ly Starscream, and I would have liked to see him show some slightest traits which might lead on to his Decepticon self's personality, I understand your argument and it does make sense.

I would have liked to have seen a slightly less snappish Skyfire because... I dunno, I guess I'm more used to reading about 'calm, patient Skyfire' and whatnot, and that's the impression I got from watching the two episodes he appeared most in. But that's probably a more personal thing than anything else. I couldn't get used to Shattered Glass Skyfire and Starscream. Cos Skyfire links automatically to: calm patient large shuttle with blue optics and Starscream to: Good flier, Seeker, bitter, treacherous. But anyhow... That's a 'me' thing, not really anything to do with you.

Anyway, this was enjoyable to read, and I liked Skyfire's 'treachery', which surprised me and i thought it was an interesting path to lead. Who would have thought that it was Starscream who would dish out the 'chances of forgiveness' to Skyfire? It was intriguing to read, although I, personally, think it lacks that kind of feeling you get from reading Pariah, where it really grips you and saddens you with how everything turned out, I liked this fanfic. Again I think the quotes have been used skillfully and effectively. Where on earth do you find them? You're very good at using them, and they make the story linger in your mind as you sit there gazing wistfully in the distance with tears in your eyes. Y'know, the kinda feeling you get after reading a sad story and the last line is just echoing around your brain. XD

Good job, all in all. :D Sorry it took me ages to review. I was working through 28 Starscreams (quite an emotional roller-coaster. XD) and... Well, 33 chapters is a lot.

Wa-hey! I managed a long review NOT blabbing about how I want to go bungee jumping! XD
Mimi MC chapter 6 . 5/24/2012
How do you come up with these? I love this story and I love all your AU. Seriously, you are brilliant.
EHSparkwoman chapter 6 . 2/6/2012
You're right; this AU should probably be used more. Brilliant story!
Taipan Kiryu chapter 6 . 1/22/2012
It was good that Skyfire left, and in promising terms. After what happened, forgiveness has a chance, but it will take time. Fortunately, for Transformers time is usually not an issue.

Good story. I enjoyed it a lot. I also noticed that you have increased your writing skills considerably from this story to your latest ‘Pariah’. Well done; good ideas told with the right words are the ones which become good stories.
Taipan Kiryu chapter 5 . 1/20/2012
Good battle scene, and I was looking forward to the moment in which Starscream would arrive to save the day ;o)

Mm, I really liked Starscream being black and having a different alt mode. It certainly highlights how you really have taken distance from the original premise and made it yours.

I think Skyfire has many reasons to feel regret, as many as Starscream has to feel disappointed after their first encounter. Neither was expecting hugs and tears, but finding each other after so many millions of years certainly left a bitter taste, which will only increase, I’m afraid.

And how the roles have rotated. Skyfire’s attitude is rotting by the day, and if he continues that way, he will turn himself into a pariah – pun intended, yeah. It seems that all those millions of years of escaping, I meant, space travelling, didn’t help a bit to increase his maturity.

And speaking about maturity, I agree that Skyfire got Starscream’s punches coming, but the Autobots surprised me for their even more immature attitude. Leaving a comrade behind would not be appreciated between their ranks, indeed, but after so many vorns of war, not to mention the fact that Skyfire actually saved four Autobots’ lives, better things would have been expected from the Autobots regarding Skyfire’s secret.
Taipan Kiryu chapter 3 . 1/20/2012
Nice link to the movieverse. I was wondering how you were planning to reintroduce Starscream to Skyfire’s life, when he doesn’t seem to keen to join the Autobots at this point. But I liked your choice better; it separates your story from the original event without taking away the essence of Starscream and Skyfire’s reencounter.

Personally, I would have liked to see more of the events that you narrated through Red Alert’s tale, but I understand your decision of focusing on Skyfire’s point of view at this first stage of the story.