Reviews for From Thy Pedestal
Jodi2011 chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
oh so gripping. And if Sherlock ever leaves, making John believe he is dead, I shall never forgive him. Though thankfully in your version you have Lestrade to pass on Sherlock's message of life.

This seriously needs a sequel.
The Red Fedora chapter 1 . 2/2/2011
utterly heart wrenching but brilliant. nice writing - on all three. Sequel?
Admiral Arlani chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
Yay referencing (slightly) the original stories!

So, I read all three in this series, and they were wonderful. I think you've got Sherlock and Watson (and Lestrade, Mycroft, and Donovan) down perfectly, and I really enjoyed your writing style. It flowed very well, and made sense. It was descriptive without being overbearing, which is a problem that a lot of fanfic writers have.

I would love to have a fourth installment in this series, because John's reaction seems awesome to read, and how Sherlock shows back up (because Sherlock can't stay down for long, it's not part of his character) and then John's reaction to Sherlock... I mean, I love the start, and I hope that you will continue this. If you don't, they're still fantastic stories.

Also, I love the touch with Mycroft speaking to Sherlock in French. That was nice. I'm not sure why. Though I can also imagine Sherlock and Mycroft arguing in Latin :P

3 these stories, amazing job!
iamladyliberty chapter 1 . 11/12/2010
all three of these pieces were incredible. i'd love to see more in the series, john waking up, sherlock returning home.

but they were so full and lovely and bright and awful in the heart. twisting.

thanks so much for writing!
Lynda chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
Your stories are simply amazing. I'm in agony, like most, knowing I have to wait until Autumn 2011 for more Sherlock (GAH!). In the meantime I have your glorious stories that make so much sense and are so much in character, I can imagine this is exactly the way it would go. Please keep writing and let me know what happens.

BTW, your other story where John suffers a concussion is also brilliant. I envy your talent to get into the minds of the characters and thank you so much for sharing these with all of us!
Fool Who Follows chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
wasn't expecting Mycroft to come into it. liked the little Lestrade introspective bit and i would love to find out exactly what Mycroft had to say that convinced Sherlock...

did i mention that i loved this?
Eco Lin chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Amazing job with the Final Problem ending. But this seriously needs a sequel! I couldn't bear not seeing john's reaction to hearing of Sherlock's death and then hearing Lestade's message from Sherlock. Great job with Lestrade's character and making Donovan such a bitch. I really hope you add a bit more to this :D
AdidasandPie chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
Oooh! Another one! :D

Due to the fact that I can't really take a desktop computer into my bed, I did something odd this time and printed this story off, and read it before I went to sleep the other night. Somehow, unintentionally, my brain's switched to school mode. As I read it, I kept finding little things that I liked, and I knew I wouldn't remember them all when it came time to write a review, so I got a pen. And, well, I pretty much annotated your story. It was odd, but really helpful for writing the review.

First then, the title. It ties in really well with the ending thoughts and the whole thing. Well though-out.

"An utter lack of John" made me a little sad at the beginning, but then when I'd rad the whole I went back and wrote 'pish post', because it was so good that the lack of John didn't even matter. And he was there subconsciously, of course.

I love how you described Sherlock's face as 'reptilian'. That's it! I couldn't figure it out, but his face certainly is a bit reptilian.

Also, yo established the characters really really well, especially for a new fandom and all. Lestrade is actually three dimensional, with thoughts, feelings, and a home life. WHOA- Oh yus, I love how you made Lestrade actually intelligent. Yay :)

The whole clothes thing was great. The way Lestrade's in a t-shirt and Mycroft is in a smart suit just makes him all the more imposing. It's such a wonderful parallel (Ah! I'm getting dangerously close to pointing out literary devices! Stop it school, stop it!)

Next to when Mycroft and Sherlock started speaking French, I wrote "Ha!"

Next to "Three bodies, burned to a crisp" I wrote 'Oh no!'

And, well, I'm a bit slow, so where it says "If you are gone, he will be safe...etc, etc" I wrote, in big letters of revelation 'OMG HIATUS'. Which is a point to how surprised I was, because I never ever use 'omg'. Then there is a big surprised face and some illegible scribble that I scrawled in my excitement.

What Sherlock told Lestrade to tell John was great. Clever clever, aren't you?

And, at the end, the use of the word 'burned' excited me, as that's what Moriarty used...as I'm sure you are well aware of.

And here's exactly what I wrote at the bottom of the whole glorious thing: "GAH! This is-Ah! If you continued this, it would quite possible be an extremely grand and fantastic multi-chaptered fic"

While I was rather astounded, I feel I was a bit lacking in coherency, so I'll expound on that. If you continued with this thread- the whole Hiatus thing, and the way you've so beautifully set it up, it would be a super super story. You could do so much with it. Even just another chapter with John's/everyone's reaction, Sherlock's first days of hiatus, whatever. This has the possibility to be awesome, (more so than it already is), so give a thought, will you?

Also, on the top in big letters I wrote ' Fave', so here it goes into my favorites folder.

Holy smokies, that was a long review. I should print out and annotate fics more often...
DeliriousNYC chapter 1 . 8/25/2010
Fantastic!
Vaoni chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
This was brilliant! Fantastic work, I REALLY enjoyed this fic!
mrspencil chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
A fascinating way of continuing Final Problem parallels in the third episode. Very skilfully done in all three stories,

Mrs P
KlinicallyInsaneKoschei chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
:O :O

So.. Sherlocks 'dead?'

What will John think? :O

Sequel? pleaseeeeeeeeee?
ONIX-21 chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
Oh no! Sherlock's leaving John all on his own! :(

I hope they meet up again soon

This is great though, I like how you've written this one from Lestrade's point of view

It's nice to see Mycroft in there too :D
blackdog-lz chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
Awesome! Waited for an update on this series and now it is here and it brakes my heart. Hope you are going to continue. Need to read John's reaction on Sherlock's 'death'.
Red-Dragon-Thorn chapter 1 . 8/19/2010