Reviews for I Thought of You
carsonsgirl chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
So very sweet- something I wish we'd gotten to see in the show. Thanks so much!
Nostalgic Beauty chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Aww Rory is so sweet! I wish we had more information on Rory's years standing guard over Amy. All they say in the show is that he stood guard for about 2000 years, then fhey show that timeline on the Pandorica. That's it! I wish Rory was more prone to bragging, then again he wouldn't be the Rory we know and love if he were. ;)
TrianaStyx chapter 1 . 9/9/2012
Very much enjoyed this story. :)
jazzpha chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
This was a great little character study! All of the characters felt right, and the fact that you managed to give the three of them so much emotional depth in so little time is very commendable indeed. The Doctor's brief turn in particular was a great crystallization of his character's extremes in just a few lines: going from manic to frustrated at a little hiccup in his routine to thoughtfully meditative was just like him, and the transitions felt completely natural and not forced at all.

But since Amy and Rory are the heart of this story, I suppose I should mention them, too. You really wrote Rory perfectly here, showing his noble self-sacrificing streak front and center while also deepening that with the melancholy and perspective that I imagine would come with being 2,000 years old. Amy's stubborn exchange with The Doctor showed that fire that makes her so awesome, but the tenderness of her scenes with Rory, and the concern she has for his well-being, were touching reminders that she has a sensitive side to her as well. Her sadness over the thought that Rory doesn't trust her after everything they've been through really resonated without crossing the line into overly-angsty melodrama, which is a really hard balance to keep. So kudos for that.

The ending was also really sweet, a believable way for each of them to give the other encouragement and solace- as it is in all good relationships. All in all, it was a really solid story and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!

Thanks for sharing!
Miko Akako chapter 1 . 12/23/2010
I liked this a lot. I haven't seen anything quite like it before. There are tons of fics about Rory waiting, but very few about how it changed him, and how it impacted their relationship(obviously it had to - he's lived even longer than the Doctor now).

Simply put - this was amazing.

-Miko
Raven Aorla chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Love the new maturation of Rory, the implications of Amy's act, and a flash of the younger Rory with the "deadly aliens of death".
The New Number 2 chapter 1 . 9/21/2010
Don't know how I missed this, but it's simply great as always!

Part of me wishes that the next time they do the "cheap" episode of the series (there's always one) they'd make an episode spent purely in the TARDIS, with no (or minimal) alien intervention, as long as it doesn't become a soap opera. Something like this would be nice... :D
queenoftheoutlands chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
The adorableness at the end is making me melt :) It goes to show what a wonderful fic this is that I felt genuine concern for poor Rory, sitting on his own speaking Latin, and Amy and the Doctor too, worried by Rory's behaviour. Brilliant :)