Reviews for Birthday Wishes
ScarecrowMax chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
I just reread this and I found it just so touching. I could really see the characters as themselves. Topher and Bennett seemed much like they were in the show. I love that fact, I hope I can capture people like that.
the little harlequin chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Awwwww. What lovely Topher/Bennett fluff! *sighs contentedly*

I love the way you portrayed Adelle and Topher's mother-son relationship in this, it was so sweet and adorable. xD

And I absolutely adored the way you wrote the Topher/Bennett! His dream of a better world with Bennett and their kids was beautiful, but also really heart-wrenching because it made me wish so, *so* much that it could have been canon! Why, Joss, why did you have to kill off Bennett?

Anyway, I really, really enjoyed this, it was so brilliantly beautiful! Thanks for writing this! It made my day! :)
Undirected Passions chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
... Okay, so this story is the *definition* of fantastically awesome! I absolutely love the mother/son relationship displayed at the beginning, and that even in such hard times, Adelle wants to make Topher's birthday special.

The scene where Topher talks about his nightmares, about reliving Bennett's death, was extraordinarily sad, but also very well written and emotional. Topher seems so depressed- all he wants to do is sleep on his birthday. :(

For some reason, the bit about the fireplace cracked me up. XD Dunno why, I just found it funny that when Topher finds himself in dream world, the first thing he tries to figure out is why he's standing by a fireplace when the room's not cold. Anyway, the part about the tea party with Mr. Panda is adorable, and the bit where Topher realizes that the children look like Bennett is so sweet and sad, you can really feel the emotion behind it.

Aww… poor Alexander! :( And poor Bennett, she’s so stressed out and upset. I kinda like how Topher’s dream world isn’t perfect. Dunno why, it just makes it seem more… real. Plus, it allows for the touching scene where Topher comforts Bennett. Which was perfect by the way! :D

So sad that Topher’s dream had to end… but behold, Bennett in the real world! *gasp* That was absolutely shocking… in a wonderful way! I love when Bennett tells Topher to hush. :) It’s like, ‘shut up and kiss me’, with a sort of quiet sweetness. It was incredibly sad when Topher saw the bullet hole in Bennett’s head, but again, makes it more real, brings you down to earth. I love that!

So sad that Bennett had to leave! :( Forever can’t be gone! But the ending gives us hope, which is always a good thing at the end of a sad story. Altogether, this piece is heartbreaking in the best way, and just altogether a magnificent Bennett/Topher fic! This may just be your best work yet! :D

Thanks for the wonderful read,

Kelsey