Reviews for Immortality
lovemya2000 chapter 1 . 10/3/2014
So Sad How Lily Feels Trapped. It Could Compare To How Useless Sirius Felt Being Hidden Away. It Just Dawned On Me How Canonally True The Situation Was. Graduated Early, Pregnant, Nursing, Then Dead. Canon Lily Probably Only Did One Thing To Help The War Effort And That Was Sacrificing Herself. She Wasn't Even An Auror Like Alice
LoveNCreativity chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
This was too amazing to put into words. Really, I don't think amazing was the right word to describe it, but I can't think of any word right now. Your writings just blow me away. I love how deep, dark and tragic they are.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
Wow...
That was deep.
That's the paradox of Lily's life, huh? She'll never be anything but a legend, a fairy tale. She won't be a life and blood woman because soon she'll be long gone.
Fan Fiction writers rarely focus on this. They rarely focus on the fact that such a brilliant, charming, bright young girl really didn't get the chance to do much with her life.
You write flawlessly I might add. Flawlessly, and with a lot of depth of emotion. The way you characterize each person is amazing and you add human layers to people who have indeed become nothing but legends.
Lily comes off as a real person here, not just the perfect, wonderful person she's always potrayed. You really captured love and lonliness well.
Sorry for rambling. It's not often you find a Harry Potter fic of this caliber.
xThe Painted Lady chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Okay... Oh my god this was AMAZING! I don't say that often, or maybe I do and it just stems from me being terrible at giving criticism/finding something to criticize but... :3 Gah! This was just perfect! I love your character for Lily and everything seems to make so much sense. I hate when authors make her this weak character because I know that wasn't what she was - she's strong here, or at least seems like that to me.

I just love this. Lovely job!
Inkfire chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
THIS WAS INCREDIBLE. I loved it all SO MUCH, Lily at Hogwarts and Lily now, her dreams and her reality and her skyrocketing expectations and James before and James now and OMG -DIES-. This is so perfect. So, so, so perfect I can't even.
Emily Mae chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Wow...awesome oneshot! You give Lily's story such a unique yet completely plausible twist and you capture her character and her motivations so perfectly with so few words. This is really impressive. Great job!
Saadia1994 chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Great story...
Ikrona chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
This is excellent. I can fully picture Lily getting to this point, filled with a desperation that no one would ever see or know about. Thank you for sharing this.
Azura chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Wow! That was really touching. Strong ending; the two words "quiet desperation" were really effective. You have a talent for bringing characters to life. Keep up the good work.
SuperHeroInTraining chapter 1 . 10/31/2010
I know this is like two months old but I feel compelled to tell you how great this piece was. We don't see Lily portrayed like this often and you delivered excellently. Great job!
Lissome Lilt chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
What words should I use, what can I say that explains how good this was?

Maybe I should go with simple.

I absolutely love it.
spinningleaves chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
amazing piece! i've really always felt that Lily was more of a tragedy than the saint/hero she's made out to be, because of all the things she was never able to do and contribute to the world that have nothing to do with being someones mother. what an absolutely exquisite loss that people so often dont consider with their focus on her as some Virgin Mary ultimate mother figure. she was a very, very young woman who missed the chance to truly use her abilities and grow. excellent piece! such fantastic grasp of langauage and her "perfect" existence.
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
I really like your characterization of Lily, here. It's a fresh take, but also feels very in character for her.
Wendy Brune chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
This was really, really good. Very dark, but wonderful. I really liked how you played upon the fact that Lily never actually /did/ anything. It's something I've always wondered about. But, at the same time, I sense that in this story Lily is discounting herself. It did say somewhere that she and James were one of the few wizards to overcome/escape Voldemort ... was it twice even? Either way, I think this says something very human about Lily, something that I don't often see in fanfiction. You're so good at writing Lily, and I .like looking at all your different portraits of her.

Oh, and as always, you're writing style is terrific here. I love the word choice of "wet dream." It made me giggle. (In a good way!) Overall, wonderful portrait of Lily with some very good points! I love it!
ShadedRogue chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Ewies, I love you, I truly do. This piece is amazing (all your writing is)! You really seem to capture the sort of desperation that Lily is feeling about her impending death, and how she feels so pathetically useless about not being able to do anything.

My favourite line is the second last one, how she'll be remembered as a legend, but she feels like there's almost nothing left of her to be considered legendary. It kind of puts an interesting perspective into how someone who years later will be remembered as someone strong and brave, can have so many doubts and moments of weakness.