Reviews for La Côte
icedintheveins chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
I really have to say.. I love your style. This is the second Teddy/Lily that I've read of yours and it's just plain brilliant. You characterize them so well, and.. ugh, I just.. I don't know how to explain how wonderful this is.
with the monsters chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
So it's taken me a /long/ time to review this, and I have only one excuse - this is, quite possibly, my favourite ever story I have read on this site.

I mean, God, Char. You've taken this pairing and you've added these strings of beautiful words and you've made them heartbreaking and inspiring and it's like you've gone into the very soul of poetry and taken out the most important things and put them in this story.

Every word of it was perfect and brilliant and I cannot even begin to express to you how much I enjoyed this, I really can't.

Of course, your TeddyLilys are always superb - but, in my humble opinion, this one is your absolute best. It just blew me away.

I adored the line you used in the summary, for a start, and I want to give you all my favourite lines but I'll just end up copy and pasting ALL OF IT into this box and I know how annoying that would be.

Seriously, I adored this too much for words. I want to leave you a stupendously long review that rants and raves about the sheer magnificence and poetry and beauty of this piece, but I just want to go read and re-read and re-read it over and over and over again.

So let me leave you with I LOVED THIS MORE THAN LIFE ITSELF and beg for your forgiveness for taking so long to review.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Cute. Keep writing
escapedreality chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
first: M-m-molly DIED? *sobs*

second, this was fantastic and i loved loved loved everything about it. It was dark and i could picture the waves and her going under and everything. Absolutely gorgeous!
squeakyswings chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
Holy. Fucking. SHIT.

Charlotte, (is it okay if I call you that? - I totally understand if it's not) this is just magnificent.

I stopped breathing at the end of every sentence - it all just aches with such positively gorgeous imagery and longing and Christ, I'm pretty sure I was on the verge of tears for a minute there.

Your Teddy and Lily are so perfectly defined, and I adoreadoreadore your Roxanne, and how close she and Lily are.

This line: "She looks like a calamity, a catastrophe, a storm. She looks like a mess of broken bones and salted wounds." is just the definition of good writing. Actually, this entire fic is. But those two sentences in particular...

I loved every little bit of this. And you are an utterly fabulous writer.
sheriff stilinski chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
Awww, loved the endingg :)