Reviews for Rise of the Wizards
GenEus2718 chapter 30 . 4/14
As much as it pains me to say it, I actually liked the way you did this. True, this chapter is definitely full of those mental aches of "if only...then," but it's so perfect dramatically. It't almost comparable to Romeo and Juliet in the sense that it's tragic because of what the characters don't know. While Harry may think and act the same way toward Dumbledore and possibly Ron and Hermione as has been done in other bashing stories, the way you've set it up is so much more dramatic and believable. Congrats, you've negated probably my one big complaint and turn off regarding bashing stories. I don't think I've seen this done before, at least not as well-done as this was. Anyway, very good writing and story telling.

P.S. I know this story is super old and I wouldn't be surprised if you never read this, but I just feel like I have to say something when I'm really impressed or appreciative of a story or a certain element of it, so there you go.
Abbey Riddle chapter 44 . 4/14
Well clearly you're a political prophet.
Abbey Riddle chapter 43 . 4/14
Oh Dumbledore, the terrible gift that just keeps on giving.
Abbey Riddle chapter 39 . 4/14
This story is everything I've ever wanted. Harry breaking those wards and his rants? Did they take Rose? Also Granger saw Harry's power. That might be a problem.
Abbey Riddle chapter 38 . 4/13
This was absolutely fantastic.
Abbey Riddle chapter 34 . 4/13
This chapter was absolutely fantastic.
GenEus2718 chapter 9 . 4/13
I thought the way you portrayed Dumbledore in this chapter was very well done. I don't typically mind bashing stories for the actual bashing, but they tend to get carried away in making the bashed characters unrealistically idiotic and just insanely evil/despicable to the point where they don't have a shred of realism (and yeah, I get that that's kind of the point of bashing, but it tends to just distract me from the story). With this story, Dumbledore's thought process and justification don't seem inherently bad, but one can also see his missteps and issues as well. It's enough of a balance that he seems like a real character, but he can still be 'bashed' if that's how you choose to write it, at from Harry's point of view. It's similar with Hermione and the Weasleys. So yeah, normally I'd wait until the end of a story to write something like this, but I thought this was really well done so I wanted to point it out now
Abbey Riddle chapter 32 . 4/13
That was pretty shitty of Remus, didn't Harry tell him he was trying to keep that under wraps?
Abbey Riddle chapter 30 . 4/13
Not Luna! Nooooo
Abbey Riddle chapter 29 . 4/13
That was beautifully done. Oh dear.
Abbey Riddle chapter 27 . 4/13
All Dumbledore needs to do is tell Harry the truth about...literally anything. All of his secrets, knowing how much Harry hates it will literally be the death of him. What a fool. Even if he thought Harry needed to die, he should have been training him anyways! He still has to make it to that point. The death eaters may have orders, but they aren't exactly stable. I don't get this sympathy for Albus. He's the worst! lol Great chapter btw
Abbey Riddle chapter 23 . 4/13
Well Dumbledore may not technically be conspiring to Kill Harry...he still is. He has been preparing Harry to die for the Greater Good. Sure, he has a hunch that Harry will live through it...but he doesn't know that for sure. So while his goal may not be to murder Harry...he is definitely the driving force leading to Harry's potential death.

This story is fantastic by the way.
Abbey Riddle chapter 22 . 4/13
Great job correctly describing a detail I think goes overlooked in the movie and in fanfic descriptions of Harry's wand...the color! Holly wood is very close to white and yet when his wand color is described people always say black or dark. Also, Holly is a lighter wood than Yew, but Voldemort is known for having a bone white wand. So odd.

Also, side note, Elder wood is light mixed with red, it's rather beautiful, but that description gets lost too...it's a very distinctive wood and no one noticed Gellert's wand (I'm assuming people would take notice of a Dark Lord's wand) became Albus'? I've always wondered about it.
Hell's Angel-Heaven's Demon chapter 51 . 4/13
I love this story! Have read it maybe 3-4 times now and it is always so amazing and such a wonderful read!

Would you ever consider writing about the expansion to other countries? ;)
Abbey Riddle chapter 17 . 4/12
Yessss this was great. Honestly that Dumble vs. Harry fight was one of the best I've read. I really hate that man and the secret keeper bullshit he pulled? your Harry is Perfect.
4,305 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »