Reviews for If Tolkien wrote Narnia & Lewis Wrote LotR
The Wise Dragoness chapter 2 . 12/30/2017
I really like the idea, and I actually liked the Tolkienized Narnia quite a bit.
The M.H.T.of R chapter 2 . 10/15/2015
Wow. These are very good, and I appreciate the comparisons!

Kudos!
chisscientist chapter 2 . 2/22/2015
Balrog: aka, the umbrella monster!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/15/2014
You should do a mashup of tolkien writing in harry potter. Maybe something like the battle scene between draco and dumbledore in book six
CookandBaker chapter 2 . 5/6/2014
How fun! I really enjoy author-mashups, and it would be interesting to read more! I love this, I think it's well-written and those little details in there are adorable.
tess chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
tolkien's is better by a mere centimeter and nothing more the reason is this, tolkienmy fav author
tess chapter 2 . 4/27/2014
tolkien does a better job than lewis on this one w/no mistake
Teres chapter 2 . 1/6/2014
Very, very clever writing! And quite a fun read. Would love to see more if the inspiration strikes you.
TroyTroodon chapter 2 . 12/26/2013
Can you imagine if The Silmarillion were like that? D
Alpecca Ankaa Black chapter 2 . 12/19/2013
Both of them are brilliant!
Deleted11152015 chapter 2 . 6/12/2013
It was very amusing... I look forward to more.
Guest chapter 2 . 6/8/2013
lord of the rings lewisized wins by a lot
extracutegurl9 chapter 2 . 5/14/2013
I love it! My secret fan-girl heart squeed such a squee when I read this!
Ranger Robbin chapter 2 . 5/8/2013
My name refers to a different book collection that think you should read. You'd probably like it. It called Rangers Apprentice. I guess you could say the style is more like C.S. But the ideas are more like J.R. Kinda never mind not really. But you should still look it up. They are great books! Set in Medieval times and somewhere kinda like Europe. It's solo good. Anyway, that was terrific. You should totally keep doing it.
dreamflower02 chapter 2 . 2/6/2013
Actually, I think yours is better. Though some parts definitely bring in the whimsy of Narnia-

*"of such kinds and descriptions that were I to describe even a few your parents would not let you read this book."*

*"Have you ever seen how an umbrella pops open on a rainy day?"*

most certainly reflect Lewis' "Narnia" style, in the sly asides to the reader. Yet you would find much the same in many children's books of the same time period. (For example, The Hobbit!)

Still, overall it did seem much more Lewis than Tolkien when the two passages are side by side!

I'd say a fun and successful experiment!