Reviews for The Second Attempt
LuisaRose chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
Funny - just been reading 'The Morning Gift' for the millionth time, and caught myself wondering if they ever did have a second wedding... then found this! Well done, it's very well written but also not too long - just a taste of Ibbotson :) you've managed to capture her style more or less perfectly!
HiddenHayden chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
That was so beautiful :) I've always loved Eva Ibbotson but sometimes I feel as if her stories leave so much more room for exploration and I'm glad a story like this has been written! I adored the fact that Frances was wearing the shoes Mishak had suggested and that Ruth was carrying Autumn crocus, little things like that made this lovely little story what it is - a wonderful piece of writing! Nothing would please me more than to see some more Morning Gift fanfics from an author like you :)
Faye chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
It is amazing to see how many others there are that share this passion for Eva Ibbotson and her work; your story has united us, so thankyou!

I liked the part at the end especially, where Ruth and Quin collect their rivers and sending them off in a thousand lemonade bottles. And also Manaus! How sneaky of you, and just like Eva Ibbotson, to use Manaus! I seriously love it, though, when she crosses places and names between the works that she writes, and I loved this.

Well done!

Faye.
Nadia Imam chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
This truly is amazing, and wonderfully written. It seems like Ms. Ibbotson herself wrote it. I love the way most of the characters are mentioned, and remain true to their personalities. I really, really, loved reading this. It made my day.
coul chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
You are an amazing writer! If this were published in the book i would not notice anything amiss. Please please write more!
Serendipity004 chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
I love Eva Ibbotson, she has to be one of my favorite authors. At first when i came across the section for the Morning Gift which is one of my favorite novels I debated about going to the section in fear that the book would be butchered.

I have to say that you proved me wrong, you caught each of the characters perfectly. You should try doing another story for this section. Or maybe try doing one for A Countess Below the Stairs.

I'm going to say it once again, you did an amazing job. Would you please consider writing another fanfiction for Eva Ibbotson.
LucyEverdeen28 chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
Aww I love this, you did a great job capturing Eva Ibbotson's writing style! I was so excited to see a fanfic for this book...I am in love with Eva Ibbotson's work. :) Awesome job!
colourfulchatterbox chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
I really like this :)

Thank you for writing it and being brave enough to extend Eva Ibbotson's writing! I am still too scared...:P

This is awesome and it was nice to see a wedding with these two :) With everyone present and crying. XD
blondebabe1991 chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
love this fanfic i love the book but i did think there was a bit missing at the end and if something like this was at the end of the book i would have been a lot happier.
K8Y chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
Brillant, absolutely brillant. You captured the characters and the setting perfectly! This is one fantastic story you should be VERY proud of! :)
goldeneyedbeatle chapter 1 . 9/2/2010
Thank you so much for writing this story, you've really done the book justice!
Stanleylouis chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Wow, this is amazingly written. Not only are you able to capture Ibbotson's writen style perfectly, but you have also conveyed the lasting affection beautifully. Wonderful job!