Reviews for The World without the War
Whyhow chapter 24 . 4/26
Pakku is spelled with two "k"s.
Whyhow chapter 19 . 4/26
I'm pretty sure that it's the Mechanist, not the Mechanic. I know that this is a lot of criticism, but I still think that this story is very good and would like to help make it even better.
Whyhow chapter 17 . 4/26
I'm a little worried that you're making airbenders too powerful and I'm not sure about Amy learning sandbending instantly, but this seems like a good section in general.
Whyhow chapter 12 . 4/26
I forgot to mention in my long, complicated, and probably overly critical review last chapter that the humorous sections are really well done, and that I rarely like a humorless story, it just seems kind of odd.
Whyhow chapter 11 . 4/26
I think that I worked out what makes the pacing feel so odd. It has all of the plot elements of a long, serious story, but it isn't, and I am still not sure whether I like that or not. It is also a lot more episodic than I expected it to be, but that is one of the main elements that makes it less serious: the majority of the problems are solved in no more than three chapters. For the romantic elements, that never interests me much, but again it is faster and more episodic than other similar stories. That makes it seem slightly forced, but I am grateful for the relative lack of angst.
Whyhow chapter 10 . 4/26
This is an interesting story, but the characters seem to be going too fast relative to the plot. The plot itself is a reasonable pace, but it feels like we're seeing no more than every other day, and even then only the ones that are necessary to make some point or another. I distrust some of the future arcs based on the foreshadowing so far, but "void bending" is much more innocuous than I would have guessed.
Whyhow chapter 8 . 4/26
I'm only half surprised about Katara, but I didn't think of the swamp at all.
Whyhow chapter 5 . 4/26
I like Bumi. I had to check to make sure that this wasn't another chibi chapter, since he seemed to be breaking the fourth wall (or the third, or maybe the fifth (what do you call it when a fanfic character knows that they're in a fanfic, but think that the show's the real world)), but I think that was just general insanity. The northern water tribe stuff doesn't interest me that much, but it was never my favorite part of the show either.
Whyhow chapter 3 . 4/26
I wonder where this is going, but with Bumi in Ba Sing Se, I suspect that he's not nearly as powerless as Kuei was. He could be pretending to be, though.
Whyhow chapter 2 . 4/26
This isn't just an interesting idea, which I could tell from the first chapter, it's also well written and hilarious. I wonder whether or not Toph is right.
Whyhow chapter 1 . 4/26
This is a lot more plausible than I expected from the description and it will be interesting to see where you go from here.
VJ Riddle chapter 28 . 11/2/2014
I truly love the way you characterize Koh - this story is hilarious and insightful too - I especially like the continued lampshades to the canon series, but Koh's definitely my favorite right now! Thanks for writing, hope you continue!
dickard23 chapter 28 . 10/27/2014
Sokka with a plan. This was a fun story. Too bad it was never finished.
Mersang chapter 2 . 4/2/2014
Here's one I read on TVtropes: Toph Bei-Fong is not blind; she just chooses not to see anything less awesome than she is.
VJ Riddle chapter 2 . 1/31/2014
I love that Toph has become the ATLA Chuck Norris, it is so believable!