Reviews for And we'll all float on
boutondor chapter 2 . 10/3/2010
"He's putting down roots and it absolutely petrifies her, because if she's honest with herself, she'd imagined that she would find him in a state of bare existence; instead he's thriving in this placeā€¦(without her)."

LOVE this bit. So beautifully heartbreaking.

"Jane realizes it's probably very foolish to incite Lisbon further, but reasons that their eventual separation will be easier to handle if she's angry at him."

That is SO Jane!

"She casts one look over her shoulder, before slipping out the front door. He never said goodbye to her either."

(Cat sobbing)

"I know I surprised you today, but I haven't done right by you in so long that it made no sense for me to wait to tell you this. I want you to know that I'm here for good and whether you decide to have me in your life or want nothing to do with me ever again, I'll understand. I just want to make it clear that I want you, more than anything, and if you'll have me, I promise I'll try every day to prove to you that I'm worth keeping around."

I love you.

I think this is my favourite fic of yours. I absolutely adore it.
boutondor chapter 1 . 10/3/2010
OMG I love this much! It made me cry in the best way. LOVED the angst. Simply fantastic. Yana, I think your writing just gets better and better. I'm seriously impressed. Oh and I thought there was only one part and it was the end of the story so I am super excited that there's a second part.
Afterglow04 chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
Oh, I forgot to mention a whole bunch of things due to my excitement. Ahem.

P.S. This story works so well, because it seems so in character for both of them. That's why I would love this to be the final episode, it just fits. It has a bittersweet feel to it (though I'm well pleased you did finish with a happy ending), which is also how I feel about J/L on the show. They are never going to have a simple happy ending without having to jump through fiery hoops first, I'm sure we're all aware of that. Sometimes I think it can't possibly end well, but you give me hope ;)
Afterglow04 chapter 2 . 9/22/2010
"It's early September, but summer refuses to give way to autumn and the only indication of an approaching seasonal change is the soft breeze that keeps the scorching midday sun at bay."

Seriously Yana...the above sentence left me staring at my screen in awe. I know it appears to be just a normal sentence in a sea of all the other ones but this one stood out for me, because it made me want to get on a plane and fly there immediately. (And not because Jane is there in your story lol!). It just goes to show that you have a way with words, it's mesmerising. Like the final lines of this story as well, they're just...I don't even have words in my vocabulary to describe it adequately.

And I know I should offer up some form of criticism, because otherwise I'm just one of those people that thinks everything is "great" and that can be annoying, but seriously. I have no criticism :p I kind of want this to be the final episode of the show, some sort of epilogue episode with your ending. It wouldn't hurt to see all of those memory moments you described here on the show as well ;) hehe. I'm very much envious of your creative talent, you're given a prompt as small as "past tense" and all this is what you come up with in so little time? Brilliant. And congrats on winning this month, well deserved!

Also, fun fact! (well, not so much fun but the coincidence kind of amused me). A couple of years ago I was on a train from London to Paris and was actually sat to this French old lady who started rattling off her entire life's story to me. But she didn't offer me any advice, sadly, and after awhile the novelty of hearing her talk about her 8 grandchildren kind of wore off as I was tired and wanted to sleep, but still. It amused me to read this about Lisbon and the old man haha!
LSR-7 chapter 2 . 9/8/2010
Perhaps if I was the squealing kind of person I would be squealing currently :-P lol! YAY! Happiness for all! I highly approve! Although now I wonder if Jane camped out in Lisbon's apartment all that time while she was travelling. I would find it funny if she discovers empty boxes of tea in her trash and his things in her bathroom. Ah well, I suppose my imagination will have to fill that in...

Looks like you've been busy with a few stories of epic length. I've been busy with trying to find permanent work, though I've dabbled in some more stories started. Again, love this, good work!
LSR-7 chapter 1 . 9/8/2010
Not perfect, but hopeful. Possibly an indication of a happy ending? *fingers crossed* Love it!
hardly loquacious chapter 2 . 9/6/2010
Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! I'm sorry, did you want a coherent review? Well, you're not going to get one. I love how she zings him in this. Repeatedly. And Jane is all moronic and deserving of being punched in the face, right up until the end. Also love how surprised she is and that she has to almost grip her doorway for support. Hee. So lovely.
Famous4it chapter 2 . 9/3/2010
Absolutely fantastic chapter; I quite enjoyed the Malcom bit )
MK chapter 2 . 9/2/2010
I read this today prior to voting in the monthly challenge, and I love it. Angsty, but with a hopeful ending, plus the image of Jane in beach clothes. :)

Thanks for posting this!
Jisbon4ever chapter 2 . 9/1/2010
You scared me. At first they were happy, then sad and angry and finally they made up. Jisbon is so complicated. I see what they do. they fight just to make it easier to give up.(That's what they do in the show, too.) Guess what, it doesn't. They just complicate things. Agh... Still love them.

I'm glad they are back together. Hopefully they will stay that way.

We'll this was an excellent story. Loved it!

Favorite lines:

It hurts like hell, but she walks away, because she's tired of putting others, especially him, before herself and she's made too many first moves already. It's his turn.-I think she should do this more often. (hopefully one day in the show.)

"I know." Jane nods, a wistful smile forming on his lips. "That's the thing about you. I might be good at reading other people, but you are the best at reading me. You know things about me that even I don't recognize and I only realized this recently."-(so true)
forthecoast chapter 2 . 9/1/2010
Hee. This totally cheered me up this afternoon, even though the entire piece has a sense of melancholy built into it. I was wondering what you were going to do with the rest of this, and I was not disappointed at all.

I really like the idea of Jane taking off after Red John's death. It seems very real and in character to me. Even more so, I love the idea of Lisbon taking control, taking some time away, and taking care of herself first. The ending was very sweet. Lisbon's hesitation seems natural, but Jane trying to gently reassure her. I love it! I'm selfishly glad I left this until today because I needed the pick me up :D
Frogster chapter 2 . 9/1/2010
Ooh, good! You're perfect at angst, you know that? It pulls on the heartstrings somewhat, waiting for them to get their act together and realize that what they have with each other is precious, too precious to just throw away.

What exactly was Jane doing at the children's place? I know it was some kind of act, but not sure what.

I've never considered it before, but I guess that Jane's inability to let the past go is just like Lisbon's father. Both self-destructive, in a way. Isn't there some saying that women marry men like their fathers?

I started crying when Lisbon came home to find Jane in her house. It's about time that he makes the first move.

Fantastic wrap-up! Write more soon!
Chiisana Minako chapter 2 . 9/1/2010
This was colored with sadness from beggining to end, I still have a lump in my throat. Somehow even as Jane leaving and them finding each other again after some time is something I've read before many times, the way you presented it felt definitely natural.

I was confused in several points, especially at first, but I think that just adds to the sort of mysticism that the whole story had. I think the imagery of the first scene, although at first I couldn't quite grasp what was happening, -why it was happening and so on-, was my favorite. Especially when they just stared at each other, with some distance between them. It's almost metaphoric, and if I had any more confidence in my drawing, I'd try to illustrate it.

I really liked that she was the one to leave him this time, as she herself said, she had more than enough reasons to do so, and it was about damn time he did something to make things happen.

Their interactions and heart-felt words were really touching, and yet somehow I really imagine them saying those kind of things under the circumstances.

A very soulful piece.
phoenixmagic1 chapter 2 . 8/31/2010
I thought for a second that Jane wasn't coming back and let out a sigh of relief when he did...God I love how you write the two of them! There's so much tension and love and hurt and anger and everything else wrapped up into what they don't say to each other when you write about it, does that make sense? I'm relieved he came back and they're together again :D This is one of my favorite stories, because it seems plausible that it could happen, you know? Did I mention I love your angst/romance stories? *grin*
Polly83 chapter 2 . 8/31/2010
I really love how you write. This story is amazing, so much that I almost had tears in my eyes reading it.

Can't wait to read more of your stories.