Reviews for Cold Water
Kitart chapter 1 . 10/7
Abrahaaaammmmmmmm! Why can't you just listen!?

"he had a homicidal, undead monster in his pocket" heheheheheheeeeeeeeee. When oh when will I have the opportunity to tell someone that I have a homicidal, undead monster in my pocket? That would simply be perfect.

I do like that tiny bit of tenderness at the end :)
T420000 chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
I liked this story. I read a story one time that had to deal with Integra and Alucard stranded on an island. I like the ones where Alucard is at a disadvantage because of the ocean. It has alot of room for character development. Thanks for a good story. Almost sad it had to end.
Orisin chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
Will Abraham treat him better after that?I

Why can't Alucard turn into a human form?
toeki chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
i knew it! i knew it had to be the titanic! interesting idea. i was interested in titanic a lot when i was 11.(because of the movie with leonard di caprio, oh my god;/). your lack of research does not influence the quality of the story. i doubt most people really know how the ship sank exactly...
Aldedron chapter 1 . 12/21/2010
*slaps palm on desk (where'd the desk come from...?)* CALLED IT! Booyah, I thought "Titanic~!" the moment Alucard was lookin' at the moon from the bow of the ship *celebration dance*. Me happy Oh, and lovely story, by the way. I love all this Van Helsing-Alucard stuff...
zapinit chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
This was simply delightful! I adore the style this was done in and the idea that Abraham was on board; to do what one must wonder, is truly an interesting idea. I also wasn't bothered by the factual errors as I usually would have been, it wasn't till I went back and read it again that I felt the urge to fix them; that just goes to show the competence of the writing if it deters a nitpicker like me, but nitpick I shall:

Titanic sank at about 2:20 in the morn of Monday April the 15th.

This sinking wasn't due to low grade bolts, though I commend you for using that instead of saying there was a gash that cut along the hull, as it is often stated. The way the water really got in was that the plates being held together by rivets buckled under the force of the impact, the plates then gaped and water slipped in.

The first life boat launched did not have 15 people but 28.

One of the reasons many of the life boats were severely under filled was mainly due to the fact that they could see a 'mystery ship' in the distance, supposedly close enough to see via lanterns and they thought they could simply ferry people to the other ship. This was not the case, the ship known as the SS Californian was actually much further away. The night of the Titanic's sinking was unseasonably cold, which made the air above the water denser. Now in most cases there is some refraction on water, hence why many people can see things on the water that one should normally not be able to see due to distance; but due to the cold a phenomenon know as Super refraction occurred. Super refraction is when the refraction is almost doubled, allowing people to see mile further than they should have been able, so if the Californian had responded to the Titanic, which it didn't due to the lack of a radio operator aboard the Californian at that hour and the fact that the flairs sent up we not in a proper order, making other ships think that the Titanic was merely having a party, not sinking.

The Titanic's bow sank below the wave leaving the stern to rise into the air, exposing the propellers. The weight of the Stern was too much for the ship and between the third and fourth smokestack the Titanic split. The stern came crashing down to the water and the Bow sank to the ocean floor. The stern leveled for a moment before taking in enough water to sink it, open end(what would be Bow) first and the sinking itself.

While yes the people in lifeboats were afraid to go near people for fear of being 'swarmed' was true the people in the water would have been incapable of even getting aboard without people's help.

This all aside, I don't see the errors as an issue and I do hope you don't take this as an offence. I truly did enjoy this story and I will be sure to pass it on to my friends.

Deprivation chapter 1 . 10/13/2010
Awesome idea! (This makes me want a little vampire bat in my pocket...) Your writing is pure amazing, so I suggest you should go reread all your reviews and bask in the praise you deserve:)
Nightsmoke chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Oh, this was wonderful! I really like how you explore new topics in the fandom and not the hackneyed Mary Sue or romance/killing spree/etc road. Your writing style is fantastic, keep up the good work! *faves
Deadly Gamble chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
I agree 100% with Die Schwarze Lowin.

Have you ever considered publishing original fiction? I would read it.
Anime WarriorSkye chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
This wasn't horribly inaccurate; don't worry about it. Batcard is just the most adorable concept. _ I like how it humanizes Abraham as well.
Faceless Storyteller chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
Why must everything you write be so amazing? You are an incredible author and it practially an honor to know someone as skilled as you write for my fandom.

Bat!Alucard was such a cutie (no matter how much he'd hate the term)! He behaved so well with the kid, not that Abraham would let him do otherwise. But through all the cuteness there wasn't anyway to shake the fact that this was the sinking of the Titanic (something I too had a lot of intrest in as a younger child.)

This makes me want to have a little Alucard bat in my pocket.
Vampyre Bites chapter 1 . 8/20/2010
Even though you hadn't done much research for this story, I doubt anyone will really complain. You gave the story of the Titanic a new light, even if the information is not completely accurate. Alucard as a bat was very cute. Abraham actually letting Alucard have all that attention was unexpected, but it put him in a more human-like role than he is usually put in. Loved it!