Reviews for A Chicago Story
Jessica314 chapter 10 . 4/29/2014
Love the historical details in this chapter. And I'm happy that Michael and Moira got their happy ending, and that Holmes is back on the trail. It was funny how Carlisle didn't use the gun in the conventional way :)

Well done :) !
Jessica314 chapter 9 . 4/29/2014
gah! Carlisle holding a gun! I don't think he'll really shoot anyone- maybe he'll shoot all the guns out of everyone's hands.
Jessica314 chapter 8 . 4/29/2014
oh! I'm glad I was wrong! O'Malley seems to definitely be a good guy- I hope it turns out for him. Hopefully Murphy and co. will be too distracted by their operation to notice if he and Moira slip away.

I liked how Carlisle got the job of disabling the weapons- right up his nonviolent alley. I love seeing him having adventures with his human friend- I'm so glad Holmes knows the truth about him so that he can finally be himself around somebody. If you write any more pre-1918 Carlisle stories (and I hope you do!) it would be neat to see him thinking about creating a companion, or daydreaming about the sixteen-year-old Esme, if it ever takes place after he meets her.
Jessica314 chapter 7 . 4/29/2014
Messenger pigeons! I knew it!

ha! I love the image of Carlisle carrying the respectable Sherlock Holmes on his back.

Oh no they are too late :(
Jessica314 chapter 6 . 4/28/2014
Great chapter! I love the historical detail, and the seamless way you boil it down to be meaningful to the characters in the story.

I'm getting attached to Michael O'Malley- I hope he makes it out in one piece! And Moira and the girl, of course.

Again, it's a real shame Edward's not available, so he could listen to everyone's thoughts and figure out what the target is. But I guess that would be too easy!

Messenger pigeons?
Jessica314 chapter 5 . 4/28/2014
"my dear Cullen" haha! I was wondering how long it would take you to write that :)

I don't think Carlisle is cut out to be a detective. He's simply too compassionate!
Jessica314 chapter 4 . 4/28/2014
aw, Carlisle is so sweet. He really had no idea that people think he's standoffish, although I'd bet that none of the patients themselves would think that of him.

I guess that Carlisle won't have to be "killed" again, since he will need to stay in Chicago for six more years in order to meet Edward.
Jessica314 chapter 3 . 4/28/2014
Twins! Not a bad idea. And showing his utter distaste for alcohol was the icing on the cake - it seems that Sean fell for it.
Jessica314 chapter 2 . 4/28/2014
Wait, so Holmes was the one who "killed" him. That's hilarious!

Hm, how is he going to find Holmes? Now that Sean knows he's alive, they're sure to suspect their newest inductee of something sketchy,
Jessica314 chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
Ha! This is quite the unusual scene, with Carlisle playing a role within a role, and getting "killed". Can't say he's bored lately!
Camilla10 chapter 10 . 11/25/2013
I had missed this story. A delight!
Amanda Pall chapter 10 . 6/27/2013
Brilliant as usual!
k1942 chapter 10 . 3/16/2013
This was just great, fascinating in the bits of history and the friendship of Holmes and Carlisle! They did a dandy job of foiling the bad guys and helping the good ones, and you did a good job telling all of us about it!
k1942 chapter 8 . 3/16/2013
Sherlock is making use of the varied abilities provided by having a vampire as a friend! All this cloak and dagger stuff sure has been fun to read! I'll bet Carlisle would love to tell Erickson his daughter is safe, for the moment.
k1942 chapter 7 . 3/16/2013
All that haste, for naught, as they say! The poor little thing!Now they better runback and see where the guns are to be used, if the girl's father will meet the same fate as she apparently did!