Reviews for From Rivendell to Lothlorien
Gandalfan chapter 3 . 9/8/2014
Wow, I love that. Perfect.
rebecca chapter 3 . 1/11/2013
Wonderful! Wonderful characterizations of Gimli and Legolas.
mwc288 chapter 3 . 10/1/2012
love those last few paragraphs - haldir joining in with gimli and the hobbits is just too awesome! really like this fic all around - it has such a mix of the light-hearted and melancholy in it that i couldn't stop reading. it's nice to see a fic concentrating on gimli and legolas's slow build to friendship. more please?
January3 chapter 1 . 1/23/2007

I too love this story and have tried hard for years (I'm not joking!) to find it again. I've read much Lord of the rings fan fiction but yours is by far the best portrayal of the grief of the elves and a mervelous explanation for just what happened between Gimli and Legolas in Lothlorien to forever seal their friendship. The vulnerablity of Legolas in pain and the genlte response of Gimli touches just the right chords. I cried when I first read it and again when I rediscoverd it.

Thank you!
Fenris5000 chapter 3 . 12/13/2006
I remembered reading this story of yours a couple of years ago and I have just recently come back to the Lord of the Rings fanfiction and wanted to reread it. Let me tell you that I had a heck of a time finding it! It was so worth the effort. I think I'll put it on my favorite story list so I won't have that little dilema again _. Thanks.
spiritstallion chapter 3 . 2/21/2006
I love this story. Could you do one from Lothlorien to Amon hen or something like that? Please? With big puppy dog eyes
Silivren Tinu chapter 3 . 5/28/2005
I love good fill-in-the-blanks-stories like this one. I always wondered how Legolas dealt with his grief after Gandalfs "death". After all, elves can die from grief, so it had to be a rather serious matter for him. I very much liked your take on it, and the details and ideas about elven grieving. To make this into a starting point for Legolas’ and Gimli’s friendship (and to include Haldir) was also a great idea. It was really sweet when Gimli started to weep after hearing Legolas sing. And it was very interesting to be able to read the story from both Legolas’ and Gimli’s POV.
Deadly Chakram chapter 3 . 1/2/2005
Wow! I had thought that your story might continue into the rest of the quest (yeah stupid me, I JUST realized the title of the story), so it was an unexpected treat to see the story told more from Legolas' point of view. Well done!
Deadly Chakram chapter 2 . 1/2/2005
Aw! This is so sweet and well thought out. I love seeing the friendship of Legolas and Gimli unfold. It's nice that you have taken your time with the story, letting it develop naturally. I can't wait to read the next chapter!
seeing-spots chapter 3 . 5/12/2004
I loved this story in the original version/chapter. what is now the third chapter is even better! A beautiful work done with lots of heart and insight on the characters. This really shows how Legolas and Gimli could have overcome their differences to become friends. To my favorites it goes!
Kouji Tenrai chapter 3 . 1/6/2004
Your involvement with the characters is utterly absorbing! You have a natural insight to their true personalitys I wish I had. A little more punctuation, and it would've been perfect. Your on my favorites!
Chicago chapter 1 . 12/20/2003
Hi! I've read this story before and absolutely adored it, but that's not why I'm reviewing. I'm hoping that you'll notice that the first chapter of this is breaking FF.N's new policy. They don't want disclaimers or notes taking up whole chapters anymore and are threatening to delete any storys that do this.. I just wanted to give you heads up. I love this story so much that I really don't want to see it deleted... Hasta!
Black Squirrel chapter 1 . 9/25/2003
Cat, I would love to know your native language. You seem to write much better than most native English speakers. I have loved every one of your stories, and eagerly awaited each new chapter. Of all your stories, though, this one would have to be my favorite. We never get a glimpse of why Legolas and Gimli form a friendship in Lothlorien, and most stories I have read seem to give some very cerebral reason. Your story feels "real" to me. I think something very dramatic must have happened to break down so much racial conditioning. Please don't stop writing. Remember that Gimli and Legolas remained in Middle Earth for almost one hundred years after the War of the Ring. Seems like there should be quite a few stories that remain untold.
boromir chapter 3 . 9/16/2003
Good can you do more chapters on this story? Some povs I would love you to do on here are Haldir, Boromir and Aragran.
majorlakerfan22 chapter 3 . 9/3/2003