Reviews for A Fine Spot of Trouble
Jimbocous chapter 24 . 9/9
lol. Good grins, thanks for a fun read!
Le Diablo Blanc2 chapter 24 . 8/18
really loved reading this was a great story
rickyrules1998 chapter 13 . 8/8
Did you know Ginny's name is Ginevra not Ginerva? I found that out a couple weeks ago! I've been wrong all my life. Anyway I'm rereading this and I must say it's even better than I remember.
raging fire storm chapter 1 . 8/3
I love this. I honestly do. But you're seriously fucking up my concentration with your usage of bemused instead of amused.
Zaraih chapter 24 . 7/19
loved it ;)
realy loved this chapter
joniskpelare chapter 24 . 7/4
Awesome!
QUACKED LURKER chapter 11 . 6/27
LOL!
I needed this chapter.
Lots of laughter, some pranks, but quite a few great one liners!
Lovely prank - and Draco has got a bit of a prankster in him if he can pick up and go along with the "He's Harry," "And he's Draco" bit. (Ties in with the polyjuice concern earlier. Nice that).

First of all: Fire sale. It makes better sense in context ... although, being in WWW, it's probably either a very upset sister-in-law, or little balls of flame being sold for nefarious purposes. Well, as nefarious as a joke-shop can ever been when it comes to the consuming masses.

Second: feeling sorry for George. He's finally realized that the only thing to do in a mixed up world (and it's been since he lost Fred), is find someone whom you couldn't get along with, and agree with him. Truly find something about their views or observations and understand it's how he's feeling.
It helps if one repeats the process. (Honey/big brother, I am distraught: I found myself agreeing with Malfoy! Twice!)

Third: Harry can be very closed mouthed about his past. And while I don't doubt it's not impossible to make a dementor smile, I would say it's much harder to get them to laugh. (Then again, Snape did discover a few things Harry would much rather have forgotten and ignored).

Fourth: "You have the devil's own luck Harry". Well, iof course/i he does! How else could he have survived against voldemort?

Thanks again for the humor infused with this twist on "what might have happened" after the Final battle (being realistic about personalities and character behaviors/patterns).
Quacked Lurker chapter 10 . 6/27
While I like the idea of hiring a solicitor to go after the owners of news media who delight in using libel and slander against myself, the ones they really seem to like hounding for stories - the more malicious the twist, the more emotional damage inflicted, the less they care about true facts and more about interpretations - are those in the public eyes, like actors, billionaires, and presidents or other government officials; if only because bad news is good news for the media.
After all, where else does one here "good evening" and is then reminded exactly why today wasn't such a good day after all?

In theory, having a solicitor collect apologies, (or promises to never-again badmouth someone in power), works perfectly, every time.
In practice - as Harry has kindly pointed out with the multitude of times he reminds people what others consider "bad" childhoods - being spanked for disobeying, being denied another present on top of the ones already received, limited to one dessert after dinner, being told "No" kindly but firmly - it doesn't work.
Oh, the warning will hold off the more vicious lies and outright mistruths, but sooner-or-later, the desire for more scandalous news, and nobody seems to care who's rights of privacy, rights of freedom, rights to a fair-and-unbiased trial, are being violated.
Quacked Lurker chapter 8 . 6/27
Huh.
Draco has some good points.
Never really thought about it from the Traditional point of view. Rather, the children who've never been exposed to something other than elite, and have their expectations more than broken by "The Boy Who Lived."

And yeah, if Harry steps forward as himself - not the iconic image the Wizarding public thinks they know - then he might be able to do something about their unnatural (and unhealthy) perspective surrounding him.

Plus, apparently, it is much harder to overcome addictions if one can simply conjure up whatever drug or mood-altering item they want.
On the other hand, it's conjured: effects aren't going to last anywhere near as long; but addiction to any substance or destructive behavior is just as much mental as physical. Sometimes more mental and emotional than can be explained by simple physical and chemical alterations.
Quacked Lurker chapter 5 . 6/26
Neato.
You've got Harry's personality down pat. His preference for fading into the background, and ineeding/i to know his family is safe, not just provide for his wife and any kids he may have.
I think this story is a LOT more realistic (and honest) than the 19-year-epiloge we got saddled with.
Not that I have anything against Ginny - except for the fact we barely knew her. (We probably have just as little canon info about Daphne Greengrass, and yet, lots of authors seem to make it work without turning canon characters into O.C.'s).
Quacked Lurker chapter 2 . 6/26
I do like how you summarized the Black sisters into a "once-upon-a-time, there were three Princesses" as well as the Marauder origins.

Oh, and Draco unwittingly throwing down the gauntlet for a prank-war.
Now, if it true pranks, and not vicious humiliations, all will be well ... eventually.
777MAR777 chapter 19 . 6/25
I don't know if you know, but your Daphne is a slut.
777MAR777 chapter 9 . 6/24
Wow, talk about ruining a character.

I'm sorry but this chapter showed me that your Harry is nothing more than a weak immature child with a narrow minded view of the world.

I also hate how you made it seem as if it was Andromeda that was in the wrong, when in reality all she did is tell him not to get bullied and pushed around, while Harry immediately started yelling because he thought she was telling him to become a dark lord. What an idiot.
777MAR777 chapter 8 . 6/24
Oh my God, if there is one more of the pointless repetitive arguments I'm going to bash my head against the wall.