Reviews for Along The River
andi1624 chapter 17 . 12/12/2010
I haven't read this story before since I haven't read Our Mutual Friend, but wikipedia can be quite informative and I was in the mood for some PP fanfic so I figured I would give it a shot. I really like it and am sad that I have to wait till mid-jan to read more. Im curious what the Reynold's and Darcy will come up with to get Elizabeth to see the light!
Avanell chapter 16 . 12/3/2010
Fabulous! love the mixing of P&P words with the storyline of Our Mutual Friend. Awesome!
Avanell chapter 15 . 11/27/2010
yay! the finding out...i love the recollection scene of that in the movie.
Dancing Petals chapter 14 . 11/20/2010
Collins is creepy! but actually, more believable than usual. And I just loved the way Charles dealt with Phillips and Collins. I positively dislike Charlie now, by the way. Such conceit for such a young boy! Finally, I can hear the beating of the wings of the confrontation scene between 'Hurst' and Elizabeth!
Dancing Petals chapter 13 . 11/13/2010
I am not very sure I understand the reason behind the interaction between Mr. Younge and Mr. Wickham, but I guess that will become clear later on. Otherwise, it was an illuminating chapter, especially regarding the light it throws upon Elizabeth's own perception of her actions. Poor girl, there is nothing as bad as continuing in spite of losing self-respect. Thanks!
Dancing Petals chapter 12 . 11/6/2010
That was a moving chapter. So I assume the proposal scene is rapidly approaching...or will he be intelligent enough to interact more before proposing? I think he is much more sensible and cautious than Austen's darcy, so maybe, he will go for the latter track. Do you mean to say that the story will be finished in two more chapters, or that you will post more infrequently after two more postings, or neither at all? Please do not stop the story midway. Though the reviews might be less for this story, there are still some of us who would be sad if we don't get to know the ending.
Dancing Petals chapter 11 . 10/29/2010
I found this chapter to be more difficult to understand than most. Firstly, what exactly is Charlie's problem? Why does he consider the Reynolds' house and the position of companion to Elizabeth as being bad for Jane? Surly he can't think that Elizabeth will throw her own sister out of the position? And what does he expect Jane to do now, after all? I also think that Elizabeth is shallower in your story than usual, but I guess that will improve later on. My final confusion is regarding what Bingley is proposing to do for the sisters. Can you please explain it? I didn't get it at all. But otherwise, nice to see Jane back again in good society. And what's with all this repeating of words? Dickensian atmosphere? :) Too much elegance!
Avanell chapter 11 . 10/29/2010
Great update!
Janjelicab chapter 10 . 10/26/2010
I absolutely loveling this story. I've never really been a fan of dickens but I find this story so engaging.
Dancing Petals chapter 10 . 10/23/2010
I think this is one of your most beautiful chapters. The fear of the river, the way in which you merged the river with his nausea, his thoughts about Elizabeth, her necessity to marry well instead of for love anymore, even little Charlie's steadfast character are so nicely merged together! I hope that he can tell them the truth in the next chapter, though I strongly suspect it won't be that easy. I am glad that I haven't read Dickens' book yet, 'cos though lacking prior knowledge of the root book is usually a disadvantage, I prefer to be in the dark when suspense is underfoot! :)
Dancing Petals chapter 9 . 10/16/2010
It was a good chapter as usual, though it made me sad that Mr. Phillips had to die so ignominously. I hope that jane can defend his reputation against Jenkinson's accusation since they didn't have any conversation like that (if the first chapter was the one which Jksn. was reporting), but then no one will believe the words of a fond niece, I guess. All the best for a quick update!
Avanell chapter 9 . 10/16/2010
more great updates! Can't wait for more :)
Avanell chapter 3 . 10/16/2010
Interesting story...I have seen the miniseries of Our Mutual Friend and love it! Great twist with P&P!
RafeDurk chapter 7 . 10/5/2010
In a fit of procrastination today, I decided to read your story. It is very intriguing. I only know the story Our Mutual Friend though the vague things I've picked up in conversation, but I might have to read it now so that I can appreciate your crossover better.

It's a bit darker than I usually read in fanfiction, but I'm enjoying it a lot.
Greekchic chapter 7 . 10/2/2010
This is a remarkably written story, very original. I like it a lot and I hope you don't take it down as it's one of the first P&P stories I've read that isn't a recycled plot.

One word of advice: you may get more reviews if you allow anonymous reviews to post too. I'm sure readers, like me, who are too lazy to sign in are a bit deterred whenever anonymous reviews aren't allowed to be posted. You will get a lot of readers that way from lazy readers and even readers who don't have accounts on this site.

i hope you continue this story!
66 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »