Reviews for Ice Blossom
Charge chapter 1 . 5/9/2008
Shame this story (excpet popular idiotic idea that Boromir is gay/bi) isnt in the book, hence film...
Levade chapter 1 . 10/4/2003
This struck me almost like one of the Epic Tales told in Old English. Something a bard might be telling a group of people huddled around a fire on a cold night in some tavern in Rohan.

This was brilliant, and I love how you repeated it from the beginning:

I am the White Lady of Rohan, the Ice Blossom of the House of Éorl; Steelsheen am I called by Elves and Men, for my heart is not gentle and my hands cannot heal.

I loved the characterization of Eowyn. She is conflicted, as we say now days, and faced with the ruin of her line, her home and her people.

She truly did think that would be the end, and waking in the houses of healing in Gondor must have been quite a shock.

She had to learn to live, and find a reason to do so after that.

Striking to the heart, as always, Soledad - another grand tale.

RavenLady chapter 1 . 4/12/2003
I love this! I haven't read The White Lady of Rohan yet, but I will . . . I'm really impressed with your characterization of Eowyn.
Dora Mugworts chapter 1 . 12/4/2002
Wow! *wipes tears from eyes, gulps* A curse on the House of really did seem like that. And even though Théoden was back to his old self, and Éomer was free again and as happy as he could be under the circumstances, things still looked VERY bad for the Rohirrim. And as far as Éowyn goes, the one man who could have helped her was dead!

That said, I can totally see Legolas acting with such dignity and compassion towards Éowyn, especially regarding Boromir's death, and Éowyn thanking him for quite simply being his friend. Compassionate!Legolas is a side we don't often get to see, either in canon or fanfics. You've also really got Éowyn's steadfastness and devotion down to an art.

I also really enjoyed the additions of Aud and Hereward. I too wondered, "Did Théodred have a wife?" simply because once he died the only person left to inherit the throne was Éomer. But that would make sense - to have him married but childless.
Maggie Moore chapter 1 . 4/11/2002
Wow. That was so good, and really well writen! I loved every second of it, and I plan to go read the rest of your fics now! oh and thx for reviewing my story, I really appreciated it! (_)
Deborah Judge chapter 1 . 3/7/2002
'My heart is not gentle and my hands cannot heal' - what a great line!

Legolas is wonderful. You do him well - tastefully, subtly, emphasizing his centleness rather than his beauty - wherever he appears in your stories.

I agree with you that Eowyn was mostly motivated by desire for battle and honor, and need to redeem the shame on her house, rather than the crush on Aragorn which is so often belaboured by fanfic writers. I can really see her married to Boromir, and it being a good marriage, based not on passion but on basic similarity and mutual respect. I find the way you write her to be quite convincing and loveable.

One suggestion - because this is so long and contains so much, I think it would be a little easier to read if divided into chapters.

I am looking forward to reading more!
Riah-chan chapter 1 . 2/27/2002
That was pretty dang wow there! This timeline that you have going here is very interesting... a bit non-canon but very interesting. I particularly liked the bit with Legolas... very... elfish. Looking forward to more stories!