Reviews for Tangle
Kelaria chapter 77 . 6/19/2011
I finally read the end of this (I'm not slow at all... o.0) It's beautiful! Loved the concept of the sykhe & annam, and the scenery descriptions were lovely - I could really imagine what Loreth looks like. So nice to have a beautiful country setting; I love Star Wars but can't say I'm a huge fan of the techy side of it all.

Looking forward to catching up on the next adventure!
pronker chapter 77 . 1/9/2011
So, they can have a break from their problems, poor them; it's been eating at them. Maybe concentrating on the rescue will give their minds a chance to work together - looking forward to meeting Kit and seeing how he and Obi-Wan fare in Hunters.
pronker chapter 76 . 1/6/2011
So Ryn is tattling a little on Obi-Wan, but Anakin needed to hear an outside-the-bond opinion; liked the Rivendell-like appearance and always, always adore caves of any sort. Spelunking from Alabama to Oregon was a passion, long ago.
pronker chapter 75 . 1/3/2011
I liked how Gunryth seemed amenable to a little bit of change, after the perfunctory 'you can't go in there' attitude - also, Anakin's vision is perturbing to him *well, it would be to any teen* of seeing Ryn old, and therefore himself, old, not to mention that any father-figure would be likely dead at that point. Still, he gathers his strength for whatever ordeal is next, good for him.
Kelaria chapter 73 . 12/31/2010
Anakin's trying to take the quick and easy path - but now I'm not seeing ANY way out of this, easy or not! That is a complicated mess they've gotten themselves into! 0.0
pronker chapter 73 . 12/29/2010
Uh-oh! They're needing the Living Force, and fast. Gunryth's calm attitude and her forthright principles came through well. It was a touching part in the beginning with the way that Ryn brought Anakin back - they were in some part of the Force? Or just in Anakin's head?
Kelaria chapter 72 . 12/28/2010
Haha I loved Sarta's comments about Anakin :D

"Relax, like a virgin on her wedding night" - Lorethan customs never cease to boggle my mind!

So their bond was not severed properly, but just left them two halves of a tangled mess. I don't know if they'll ever be able to sort it out (and now I'm kind of thinking they won't?)

Meanwhile I'm very concerned for Obi-Wan - I hope they are able to find him soon!
pronker chapter 72 . 12/28/2010
It's good for building Gunryth's character that there are some things she can't do and this is well-depicted, as is Ryn's 'Yoda, what have you done to me' a really poignant plea. So they are closer than even Ryn knew, but I think Anakin knew deep inside that the cleaving of their bond was a bad thing; and look, it's taking precious time away from the rescue effort. So Anakin was right.
pronker chapter 71 . 12/23/2010
You go, Ryn, in your tastes; they seem not to incline towards a political marriage. Had to giggle over Sarta's delineating Anakin's attractions!

Obi-Wan can't negotiate with droids well, so he's stymied - at least he hasn't a Force-inhibiting collar on, maybe because Omega will like to study him as he uses the Force?
Kelaria chapter 70 . 12/22/2010
Well this is an exciting development - Obi-Wan's been captured, meep! 0.0

But Evinne is awesome for having a mind of her own and doing what she believes is right, not just blindly siding with her Clan. Definitely the qualities of a worthy leader - I'm glad Ryn sees that despite their personal differences!
pronker chapter 70 . 12/18/2010
Very nice with the buildup of Evinne's talents and her possible elevated future - she is coming across as grimly doing her duty in leaving Obi-Wan behind. This also ramps up the tension of just what Omega will do to/with him, and reminds me of JQ 9 *I think?* which has Obi-Wan telling Mace that he's going after Omega no matter what Mace says, and Siri toning him down some, with 'a voice he suddenly realized she used only with him' (gratuitous touch of Siriwan)
pronker chapter 69 . 12/15/2010
Ryn handled Sarta quite well. Good for Ryn to explain herself in a calmer fashion to Anakin.
Kelaria chapter 68 . 12/14/2010
Uh oh, Anakin's had one of his infamous dreams! Nice to see a glimpse of Kit (though now I'm even more worried for him!) I enjoyed the last chapter too - Ryn's background of never feeling that anyone loved her explains her painful need for it, poor thing!
pronker chapter 68 . 12/12/2010
Fine scene of Anakin's talents being rewarded by acclaim - now that's something he needs to fixate on, to build his confidence! And a vision of Obi-Wan The Rescuer, good, but poor Kit sliding towards depression and death, aw. He must've thought he'd been forgotten.
pronker chapter 67 . 12/11/2010
More about Kit, whose luster hasn't dimmed for Ryn, even though he sounds less than ideal as a family member. Good expo on Lorethan customs here, with the reveal of Ryn's parents' state of marriage and the overwhelm of her first feelings of love when she spotted Anakin. No wonder she blacked out; and now, they both have food for thought and the tangle is more untangled now. Nice thoughtfu chapter.