Reviews for The Master of Breaking and Entering
lonely tiger chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
aww that was so sweet
i loved it. It was very well written
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Hey, what an awesome scene idea for TJM! I'm so glad you also think that La Sombra played a part in Arnold's parents disappearing, and here now, in the grounds of his fortress, Arnold sees them being held captive in prison cells. That's EXACTLY how I pictured them being held captive!

So I love this whole getup of the three breaking into the fortress to try and find Miles and Stella. It's a lot like how the boys broke into FTi with Helga secretly helping them at that point, though by now, she's doing it out in the open. Cool idea with those tranquilizer darts, and I like the idea of the boys getting them from Bridget. ;)

And then when Arnold finally spots them on camera, he is so overjoyed that he cries. I know Gerald and Helga are very happy for him, but they're right: Arnold needs to focus on their mission so they can actually rescue them before the guards wake up. And Helga's kind gesture of determining that Arnold get to his parents before more guards arrive is so like her act of helping Arnold save the neighborhood, so it's why he's finally moved to give her that long-awaited kiss! Then Gerald interrupts them, unlike in the film, where he interrupted them AFTER they kissed. XD

This is just excellent! It's like a major replay of when the three of them were trying to get evidence in FTi to save the neighborhood, but that's what I think would happen in TJM. And hey, over two years ago, I wrote an essay about the film based on what I think might happen and combined that with facts revealed by Craig. I've seen you on dA before, but I know we've never talked. If you ever had the time to see my essay (and a few others), I'd appreciate it.
FanAficionada chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Action, romantic tension, and some comedy. This could definetely be used as part of the movie, besides they can still have the last kissing scene to show that the 1st kiss was not in the 'heat of the moment' but that love is in the air.
I love Helga's speech the most. It was so touching and showed how much she really cared for Arnold.
I also liked the subplot where there was a pep talk going on in the background with Arnold's parents. :D
Bunny7433 chapter 1 . 11/11/2011
I like your version of TJM! How he kisses her before they get to his parents, not knowing if she was going to be safe or not...just knowing she's willing to sacrifice so much for him to get to them. Awww!

Keep updating!

Bunny7433
SuprSingr chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Um... I've already talked to you about how much I love this story, right? I can remember us having some kind of conversation like that. But now when I come back to read this wonderful story over again since it's just so friggin' awesome, I see that there's been some kind of error. This isn't the right story posted here. This is titled something called, "Life After You." And I know I didn't click on the wrong thing, either, because all the reviews talk about exactly what I remember this story being about. Arnold, Helga, and Gerald all in a vent, shooting the guards with darts, Arnold realizing his feelings and kissing her, and bla bla bla, happy, happy. It's even got the same title, "The Master of Breaking and Entering." And the same summary. But this is a completely different story. I am very deeply distressed by all this, and thought I should just alert you of this very strange error that somehow managed to configure itself into reality. You might wanna fix this, 'cause there's going to be some rioting going on if you don't do it soon. XD Well, I guess that's it. Hope you can figure out what's wrong soon.

SuprSingr
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Excellent fic here.

Keep the good writing.
PokeshippersShadow1 chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Well that was a tease! This could've been an awesome chapter story but I still loved it! I adored the character interaction, the hints, and of course, THE KISS! It was so cute! D Wonderful job!
vanjoygree chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
Nice job! I really like the dialogue and the action. I was especially impressed with how you made the plot and action mirror the movie. Very believable and fits perfectly in how Arnold and Helga's relationship would have been at the time of TJM. You also did a great job of weaving Gerald through the action too, which isn't easy to do when trying to focus on Helga and Arnold's relationship. These are the kinds of fan fics that make it a little easier to endure not having TJM to watch.
loonytunecrazy chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
Exllcent chaoter I can defeinly see that as part of the jungle movie
Azure129 chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
Very nice TJM scene :) Loved the character interactions, the plot and of course Arnold suddenly knowing for a fact that he's full on in love with Helga, lol ;) The kissing scene was sweet too and reminded me of CB's original intentions for Arnold's confession kiss-I think he said he would kiss her but much more tenderly and sweetly than what Helga did on the FTi building and you did a great job of depicting that while still giving us kind of a heart pounding moment :) Nice one shot!

Thanks!

Azure129 aka Jenna
Alwaysanonymous2 chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
I loved it!
NintendoGal55 chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
Awwww... :D This was a nice little read! I like this little adaptation of Arnold saving his parents with Gerald and Helga by infiltrating La Sombra's hideout and getting past the guards like that. Brilliant!

And okay, we all know that their kiss was supposed to occur at the and of the movie, but who cares? This was so cute. I giggled happily during their little kiss. And you captured the essence of it by having Gerald interrupt them. Nice! XD Although boo, why interrupt the best moment ever? Oh well.

Go Arnold! Go Gerald! Go Helga! :D Save Miles and Stella!

This was a nice one-shot. :D Good stuff!