Reviews for Compliments
Aquaphobe chapter 8 . 3/22/2013
Before I begin my rant, please let it be abundantly clear that I adore your characterisations. On top of this, your writing is humorous and engaging, light and witty yet just slightly angsty. Perfect!

And it is because of this that I have come to find myself sharing the emotions of your main character so closely. Right now, that really isn't a good thing.

Because I am finding your Albus Potter severely frustrating. Perhaps it's just because I'm a bit of a misanthropist, and hence dislike talking to most people as a general rule, but I know that were I in Rose's position throughout this chapter, I would have been very tempted to hurt Albus. When I'm upset/angry and telling someone to leave me alone, I generally mean that I want them to LEAVE ME ALONE. Ugh! As you can probably tell, I'm just slightly irritable right now. Though, if I'm honest, kudos to you for making me feel so attached to this story - my eye may be twitching, but I'm sat on the very edge of my seat.

Anyway, thanks for sharing, and I'm off to read the next chapter!

As I said, I friggin' love your portrayal of all of the characters, but I'm particularly fond of Scorpius. He's spot on - exactly how I imagined him! And Rose, too, is such a perfect combination of her parents' personalities that you've made her seem so much more relatable and realistic. Well done! chapter 21 . 3/17/2013
That was amazing
DevotedReader07 chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
One of the best Scorp/Rose fics! I have been reading this all day and could not put it down! It's a different take on them and I loved how frustrating there relationship was, which made it that much better when they got together! Awesome job!
Guest chapter 21 . 2/26/2013
definitely one of the best fanfics i've read in a while, especially for a rose/scorpius fic :)
maaike.willems.31 chapter 1 . 2/8/2013
best scorose i've read i keep reading it over and over again
boundtobite chapter 21 . 2/4/2013
ngee, this one is good fic. at first I doubt it was a good one despite the large amount of reviews, favourites and followers since I am not that much fan of slow romance...

but this one is REALLY good. :) thanks for giving me a good time of reading a great story.
though, here's a bit of advice, try to be a biiit(justabit) more elaborate. sometimes, I can't imagine if they are still inside the house or are they already in the garden. i don't know if its me, haha, but i became confused at some point.

still, thanks for the good fic. :D
Charlotte Donahue chapter 21 . 1/27/2013
Oh my goodness - this story was wonderful! Light and cute. Albus was my favourite.
GwenCThompson chapter 21 . 1/25/2013
Wow. Just, wow. I think this might be one of the only RoseXScor's that I like. Though my dislike of most is probably due to the fact that I think my sister's two versions of their stories (one of them AU) is the best. But seriously this all makes... sense.
1. Loved the Clan. I hate it when authors make the Weasley-Potter clan all dysfunctional or just not like how a large family really is. Coming from a girl from a large family (as in people compare my family to the Duggers, large) bravo.
2. Thank you, thank you. Scor was not a Gary-Stu and he refuted Rose's very Gary-Stu mental image of him, thank you.
3. You did a good job of making the unrequited love frustrating (will someone just smash their faces together?) while still realistic.
4. I'm not sure if I saw a lot of character development. I don't know, I just felt like... they were the same people just together. Maybe that was the point. I don't really know what I was expecting, but I didn't come out of this satisfied character progression wise.
5. I just read your profile and I'm SHOCKED that you are not a Brit, or even Australian or a New Zealander. You write like a frikin Englishwoman! If there is a secret to this, TELL ME. NOW.
6. I want more on Al and April. Write about them please. Or James (he's my fave next gen character)
7. I thoroughly enjoyed this. Good job and I liked the ending.
GwenCThompson chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
Oooh! I'm liking this so far. I'd had Scor and Rose in Slytherin, but I can't complain that the vast majority of the fandom is against me so I like what your doing with this. Cheers! Your writing style is very good.
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 21 . 1/21/2013
a lovely, wonderful story. thank you for writing this, i truly enjoyed reading rose and scorpius fall in love and drive each other crazy and make tons of horrid mistakes and FINALLY admit that they DID fall in love to each other. :D
Fantabulasogurl chapter 2 . 1/20/2013
About the revelation, I think it would've been better if there was more of a time lapse before she truly excepted liking him. I little denial and frustration would've made her seem more realistic as well. Perhaps even if Albus had said something along the lines of "Bloody hell, Rose, you don't fancy him do you?" And then had her protest.
Lasaraleena chapter 21 . 1/17/2013
This is my second time reading Compliments :) I love the story overall, however I do feel like they were so frustratingly blind that you kind of sludge through the last 4 chapters to get to the happy ending.

I also don't understand how Rose could want him SOO bad for 4 months, and then when he finally starts to show her that he likes her, she gets confused and runs away from him instead of pounce immediately. Not super realistic there.

But I still loved the story. My favorite chapters actually were the first 3 or 4. Until after the New Years kiss, cuz I loved the whole denying she likes him but definitely enjoys his arms around her and any of his attention things.

Keep up the good work :)
hpfanatic77 chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
I have read this story, but I wasn't signed in then, and didn't leave a review. I really liked it, though I don't like characters who say "oh, but all the others were just replacements for you", especially after getting kissed by the person they do really want to be with. But that's just me being idealistic, and even then, I really enjoyed the story. I felt Scorpius was a little harsh, but that's probably because it was in Rose's POV. And the really cute scene at the end kind of makes up for it. Great story!
Pyralspite chapter 12 . 1/12/2013
when i saw the word 'deflower' up there, it took me a while to get.

then i succumbed to fits of insane laughing.
Guest chapter 21 . 1/11/2013
I have read this story several times and enjoy it a great deal and was hoping you could so a companion piece for scorpious' point if view. I would love to read more if your work
1,354 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »