Reviews for The Escapade
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
"Yeah, well…as far as I know they don't bite people that don't want it and have to sign disclaimers before sharing blood."

-Eeep! The students have been studying Sookie Stackhouse, I see, and I know precisely which games those horrid little brats are playing, too.

Soon some enterprising Muggleborn is going to put a rival school, and Hogwarts will _really_ have to depend on the 10 remaining purebloods just to stay open.

Good story.
dreamersrequiem chapter 1 . 10/16/2010
Ha! This gave me a few chuckles - I like how it incorperates aspects and the politics of the 'muggle' world with the magical world, you've done it in a very clever way and it really does show how downhill things have gone/are going.

[That is not our fault. At one time we could be assured that our first years knew the rudimental elements of language and math. Now, if they can write their own name we consider ourselves lucky."

"Most schools only teach them how to print the letters…handwriting is not taught, or spelling and grammar for that matter. Computers you know."]

A huge shame, really. Poor Minerva, having to work with the kind of kids who don't know handwriting!

The only thing that bugged me was Hermione calling herself 'mudblood' - I doubt she'd refer to herself by such a demeaning term.

Great one-shot.
Dark Neko 4000 chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
sequel
q.thews chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
You know, beside the juicy bits about Harry & Hermione life i found it sad, good, but sad as it reminds too much how things are deteriorating in muggle universe.

And then after a couple suing for damages magic will be taught only as a theoretical topic, after all wands are too dangerous if used to poke in someone eye...

Ciao!
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Poor Hogwarts, burried under modern restrictions... It was funny though. :) Good job.
ToManyLetters chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
I'd say you did pretty well with what you got. It was a rough mix, but you made it work remarkably well.

I'll admit "I remember belts…but no helmets. Hermione?" made me chuckle. -D The "I'll grab my bag" at the end only made it better.

The story is still in its raw form, evidenced by a few little flaws:

"Even Hogsmeade Days have been cancelled for the past three years because the students are so hard to manage and unless you plan to rename the houses after action heroes or some character from a popular video game there will never be house unity again which may be the only silver lining in this." That's -one- sentence. She needs to breathe!

"However they don't like outdoors games and thanks to Weasley Whizzing Batteries and Magical Rechargers they use them any time they want."

Ooh, the department for the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts would be all over that. Arthur!

The word "mud-blood' ought to be "Mudblood", with no hyphen and a capital 'M'. Also, Hermione would -never- refer to herself using that title.
happylady chapter 1 . 8/21/2010