Reviews for Ninja Walkabout
rogue-scholar07 chapter 5 . 5/12/2011
No need to apologize. Planned battle scenes sometimes wind up being less of a major plot line than you'd intended. Ah. So the two mysterious "cousins" cut contact with the X-Men. This is getting interesting. Great work!
Harry2 chapter 5 . 5/10/2011
Its good to see you back to writing again. And its not very often that Creed and Logan WILL work together! Those two do not LIKE one another, and you can take that to the bank. As for Muir, I suspect that Mystique is on the island and that is why contact has been lost. Its going to take Logan, Scott, Jean and possibly Rouge and Hank McCoy to straighten this matter out.
Linuxgirl chapter 5 . 5/9/2011
Well, I for one can't say, that I'm bothered by the lesser significance of the battle ending. I thorougly enjoyed the fight scenes and I think you made a fitting entrance for Strange. And it would be rather normal for Shaman to reach Strange but not Alpha Flight, sorcerors are easier to reach via magic than "normal people". I also love Tommy substituting with cleverness for not having "superpowers" like the rest of the combatants.

*Grin* is there anyone who really likes Hawkeye? He's an arrogant macho and could really use a good licking by Stormie (hopefully also in the shooting range). So, yes, I don't like him either ;-).

Hope to see more of this soon.
Lynn Jones chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
wow. I never really thought about how Storm Shadow would feel after the brainwashing. i also never thought he'd have nightmares. but after all that, anybody would. great job.
zenbon zakura chapter 5 . 5/8/2011
go go go! hurry update!
lazy-bones-the-dragon chapter 5 . 5/8/2011
Goodness, you just have to love people who just seem to attract trouble to themselves without even trying. And I don't like Hawkeye either, he takes "annoying arrogant prick" to a level even a sarcastic person like myself can't stand. Hope to see more abu-er I mean this tie into Silence again soon! 3
Quathis chapter 5 . 5/8/2011
Well, the Sabretooth fight would have ended with him losing anyway, Logan usually does it on his own, but with a shaman and a master ninja aiding him? Foregone conclusion there, though it would have been a great fight to see on film. The Wendigos were an interesting addition and made things a lot more complicated. Liked how Tommy's addition to the fight worked best for buying some time for Shaman to call Strange in to help. Does Strange have access to to mystical forging techniques? Cause then the ninjas and other melee fighters could stand a better chance against mutant opponent. Humans are, after all, tool wielding creatures. Billy's interpersonal problems are to be expected, being on the run and largely avoiding human contact and all that. Good, solid chapter with the promise of more to come. Until next time.
Karama9 chapter 5 . 5/8/2011
In addition to getting Hawkeye knocked out by Storm Shadow, I'd totally have Tommy show him up with a bow. Just saying. :)

I really enjoyed this chapter. Poor Billy trying to control his temper and just getting angrier because of everything going on AND of the fact he doesn't want to be like his father. Also worried about him, so looking forward to the next chapter!
willwrite4fics chapter 5 . 5/8/2011
Ha! Ninja being the weakest in a fight IS unusual. I think he would have done fine if the creatures he were fighting didn't heal instantly, or have super-strength, speed and armored skin. With all that vs "just" ninja abilities, he'd be hard-pressed to come out on top, and still managed with typical StormShadow cleverness.

Dr Strange was neat, very strange man indeed. I don't follow him in the comics, but I have the feeling he's amusing. And I laughed when you admitted you wanted Hawkeye to get knocked out. Fun chapter.
zenbon zakura chapter 4 . 1/17/2011
aww break through!

hurry update! billy has the green thumb!
Quathis chapter 4 . 1/17/2011
Yes, I've read that story, good one, liked the allusion. Great chapter, the emotional rise and fall worked well, kept me engaged. Laughed when it was mentioned how Snake Eyes was doing in the Danger Room, though my imagination was probably exaggerated. Beach Head probably only swore the first day at how well the ninja took to the new training. Also this chapter sets up well for the upcoming fight and search for Billy. Good build up is key for the pay off. Until next time.
trecebo chapter 4 . 1/17/2011
Oh, Creed...just lovely. He's so charming and thoughtful-NOT! If anything, I would hope the bugger dies, but then, who would annoy Logan.

Always liked the concept of Billy. You've made it 'grow' here. *trecebo has been smacked. Her policy of never skipping the pun has backfired and mashed her head to the console.*
Karama9 chapter 4 . 1/17/2011
Thanks for the shout out, glad I inspired you a little bit, even if it was with something very close to the comics. :)

I liked this chapter, Billy's flashback was very enjoyable. So not only is he a mutant, Cobra knows about it. No good can come of this for Billy.

Tommy has an adamantium-edged sword! Yay! I was looking forward to that. I think he's going to adore it once he starts using it and sees it really does slice through pretty much anything.

I like the analogy of life having to use a hammer to get some lessons through some people's heads. It fits Storm Shadow perfectly.
Harry2 chapter 4 . 1/17/2011
Tommy, listen to Michael. He is a wise man, and one person that Logan respects. As for Creed, its time that these two ended this feud ONCE AND FOR ALL! Unfortunetly, the only way to end it is for one of the two to die.
N. Ockenfels chapter 4 . 1/17/2011
Good story so far. The memories about the Hard Master and his wife are great. And the fight between Sabretooth and Wolverine with Stormshadow on the sidelines promises to be good (though probably bloody). Still, I prefer a quick update for "silence", being a Beachhead / Snakeeyes fan.
59 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »