Reviews for Rebirth
ThorinKiliandFili4ever chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
A great story. Very well written.
truthsetfree chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Very interesting. Very original concept. I'm not usually a sucker for personification, but I really like this.

"smoothing the mortar delicately like a baker ices his prize winning cake"

Nice simile.

Good incorporation of quotes and dialogue. It flows naturally.

The dialogue was in character.

The transition from a dreaming youth to a cynic to someone...settled and content was well done.
Ky-lassassin chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
oh my god you asljfsldkflsf stop you're too much. okay. holy. shit. girl. THE BURROW AS A CHARACTER I MEAN ARE YOU FREAKING SFJLDFKFSD you're amazing. this is amazing. it's so original and well-written and perfect for the prompt. all of the feelings and the descriptions and the metaphors are stunning. and i love the happy ending, because of course we know that the weasleys end up at the burrow, but now we know how much the house needs/craves/deserves that sort of family. sorry for the incoherent review but fantastic job !
ToManyLetters chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
A look at the beginnings of the Weasley family from the point-of-view of the Burrow. I can't think of a more unique idea if I tried for quite some time. This was certainly an interesting, thought-provoking piece. It was neither too long, nor too short, and served its purpose very well. -D
Mistical Ninja chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
You know... this reminds me of a story a friend of mine once wrote. It was a Personification story written about, oddly enough, a tire. It spoke of how the tire expected big things, to give rise to a beautiful car, or so many, many other things. Yet in the end, the tire was hollowed out, and hung on a tree to serve as a swing for the family. And at the end, that tire found happiness in it's new life. Purpose, that it never would have had before.

That's what you've given the Burrow. Life. Purpose. A history. True, it may never have been some grand castle... But it was a castle, a /home/ in the hearts and minds of those who loved it.

And you did it so /well/ too.

I'm truly amazed, Wendy m'dear. Excellent job. I can see why this is one of your favorite stories.

I hope to see more from you soon. _
Emily Mae chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
Wow! How interesting that this is more or less from the point of view of the Burrow and not only that...it's written in the second person! Very impressive. I love the way you offset the story with the quotes from CoS. I never thought before about how the Burrow came to be - it seems like the kind of house that's just always been.

Very neat story! :]
limecottage chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
Aw, I loved this! It seems very Weasley-ish to see all the beauty and potential in a poor, little pigpen, and make it a true home! I also loved how you wrote this from the house's perspective!

Thanks for sharing!
Adelaide MacGregor chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
You did an actual citation! I love it! Great job!
Ouch Charlie chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
gahhhh, i love this!

i've never read a fanfic about the Burrow, but I'm kinda in love with this!
eSJa chapter 1 . 10/4/2010
Like E, I have no idea what I said the first time around. lol

However now, as I'm sure I did then,. I adore this peice. How many stories have we read that involve a character who is saved and reborn because of a little love.

It's great to see it applied to the Burrow, which, being the Weasley;s home, has just as much centricity to the HP universe as Hogwarts.

Beautifuly written and very very poignant. 3
EHWIES chapter 1 . 9/26/2010
I honestly don't even remember what I told you the first time around. But it's lovely? Nice work? Creative premise? Go get published kthx?
Mystical Melody chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
Awww, its such a beautiful story! Love it :)
TheWordFountain chapter 1 . 9/4/2010
By far my favorite! This is probably the most creative thing I have read so far. Great work. :D
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
I liked this one-shot; it was really creative. The second person perspective was eye-catching and intriguing, since one rarely imagines oneself as a building, but it didn't seem out of place. I also liked how you built up to the ending, because I kept expecting Mollie and Arthur to move in, so the way you didn't have that happen immediately kept me wondering what was going to happen. As a final note, I liked how you opened and ended with the quotes from the book; it seems to suggest that everything, even things we don't think about, have a whole back story to them :)
Cerulean City chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
How sweet! It's certainly not your average story-obviously, we're much more intimately familiar with the characters-so it's brilliant. Ahead of its time. It's really something to present something so mundane to the reader, to me, and to find value in what would otherwise be overlooked and really, discarded.

Gorgeous prose.