Reviews for Brief
deleted9 chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
I like how it is all optimistic...for them anyway, but you end it on a note of reality. They are such an interesting..not even sure you could call them a couple, but whatever they are it's very interesting. Great job with it!
AZ-woodbomb chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
The brief stories return! You have a way with making a story with very few words, as I suppose I’ve said before.

This catches their relationship. A sort of fleeting thing, they live in their own world, but even then they’re alone, rarely on the same wavelength. His mind becomes his world and he is hers. And stuff.

I like the dance. There’s something perfect about it. And the last line, I like that too.

Except it’s not enough. (The hippos will always be hungry)
HoistTheColours chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
This was so beautiful. You have this amazing talent of taking a handful of rather non-descript words and turning them into something amazing. I think this is one of my favorite Joker/Harley one-shots that you've done. I absolutely loved the Joker's gestures of thanks-he would never flat-out say the words, but Harley knew what he meant by the way he would sweep her hair "in a dance she can't follow" or occasionally give her a kiss. So sad, but so sweet.

I've missed your work. Please keep writing.

-HoistTheColours
theatre-gypsy chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
You have such a talent for writing Harley, whether she's with Jon or the Joker. I loved both the imagery and bittersweet vibe. Wonderful job, once again!
Night's King chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
You know I love your Harley/Scarecrow pairing, but you do good old Harley/Joker just as well. This story is sweet, but kind of sad, too. I suppose it's what you're bound to get when you consider the relationship Harley and the Joker have.

I love here, though, how the Joker's not affected by anything so mundane as bitter temperatures and he's actually amused when Harley points out how cold it is. It's like without her, he's not strapped down in reality enough to realize it's winter. I guess the whole food issue is the same way. He'll eat if she feeds him, but it's almost like something as fundamental to people as food isn't as important as whatever the Joker's working on. God, that reminds me of how in 'Mad Love', Harley comes looking for some love and the Joker throws her out in the street because he's too busy with his plans for human contact.

Anyway, hooray for lovely little one-shots. I don't care who it's about (maybe you can go all out weird and do a Joker/Sherry pairing!) because you write all pairings well.
Lauralot chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Your Harley/Joker is just as good as your Harley/Crane. I loved the imagery in this.