Reviews for Bonds
WheresDaBeef chapter 1 . 8/21
This was such a wonderful story! I'm so impressed by your use of language and characterization is amazing! It was so well done and a really great interpretation of the Warner's future. Thank you so much for writing this!
Spirit Rose chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
(Finished reading your story today, will review each chapter to get those view bumps up!)

Your story/plot/build up and attention to details of character is amazing, so hard to find excellent quality in writing/story telling! and I'm glad I found yours! So far Bonds(yours) and family are the ones with best quality work I have ever read for animaniacs. I am surprised your story has not gotten much reviews, You deserve more reviews!

I Hope you write a longer story like this one with different plot of the kids. If kept the element where the kids wont age since they where drawn as the show plot but with a different twist. where there where drawn by creator who was unknown/retired? nothing to do with studio. but soon misfortune happen and they loose him, and are they are discovered by warner studios. I like the bugs/yakko father/son/friendship you wrote later on as well . and love to see bugs with kids. sorry trailed off. :D Just really love your story and hope you write more!
Fairyhaven13 chapter 23 . 10/1/2014
I loved this so incredibly much. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it MOVED me, Bob! Uh, wait, wrong show...

This was soooo sweet. I'm putting it right at the top of my list of favorite fics, next to A Very Muppets Mystery and The Gift of Flight. It was so freaking emotional, but so funny, and complex, and the plot twists, oh the plot twists, and NO Slappy died and NOOOO Yosemite and YAY for reunions and I just... I just... so much fangirl emotion... I spent all my free time this week reading this, you know that? Why'd you have to make it so dang good? I could have been doing something useful!... Like, uh... reading... manga? Yeah. Whatever.

I just... I can't even begin to describe how amazing of a writer you are. It was beautiful. You put so much effort into the story, and the emotions being believable, and the lore behind the toons, and it was just... so freaking beautiful, in a crazy, loopy way. I loved it so much. Thank you for writing this.
Reggie Jackson chapter 23 . 8/11/2014
This is an excellent story I had the pleasure of reading the last few days! I don't to spend too much time repeating what others had already said.

You did a great job in establishing the bonds of not only the Warner trio, but among their friends and enemies as well. Everyone's character was very well established and fleshed out. You cared for just about everyone in the story. None of the relationships formed throughout felt rushed or unnatural to me. Bugs and Yakko's bond, Buster and Yakko's bond etc.
I personally enjoyed all the scenes with Yakko and Babs, they really did have the makings of a great couple with a lot of great chemistry to boot.
It was very touching to see the siblings turn from bickering at each other to always being there for one another. Goes to show how some events can change people.

On top of that, you had a well made mystery plot as well. A lot of the twists and turns that came about from the story I did not see coming. The villains were great too.
Mortimer and Bosko were totally psychotic scumbags. But at the same time you kinda understand why they became what were when you see their background.
The Phantom Blot was a mysterious and insane character, I would stop reading just to visualize him in all of his evil inky glory.
I personally loved that not only Pete was also major villain in this story, he was actually serious threat. While he's always been a jerk, most of the things he's in nowadays tone down his character to point to where its easy to forget that that he can be very menacing when he wants to be. I do kinda wish to know what happened to him after being defeated by Wakko.
Also, I did kinda wonder if the DIP guns the enemies held only one shot as it seemed a lot of them would fire shot and that would be it. A minor thing but no big deal.

The entire story was an emotional roller coaster ride. Some scenes were happy, sad, some were intense, others were very tragic (I'm still coping with Yosemite's fate), and some were sweet (pretty much every thing involving Wakko and Dot) All the dialogue was very well written and realistic.
A great adventure story filled with drama, a good message, action, a triumphant ending, and of course, always having a sense of humor.

An Excellent job well done!
Nerdkate88 chapter 23 . 7/16/2014
...Gah, that was great. I honestly can not express how awesome that was! It was super well written and I really like the idea of them being adopted. And the ending was... well i can't even find words to describe it. I stayed up til about 2:30 am finishing it. totally worth it.
Saul'keth chapter 23 . 5/8/2014
Wow. Just wow.

I don't think you were expecting a review on this so long after it was completed. But let me tell you, this is easily one of the best fics I've ever read. Seriously. It's right up there with Family by The Middle Warner Sibling. This was epic, it really caught me off guard a lot of the time. And I read TV Tropes a lot, so that's saying something. And your ideas for how toon physics and abilities work, and characterization of everyone, genius.

Of course, that doesn't mean Bonds is flawless. Mostly just grammar errors, repeated words, stuff that could easily been prevented if you looked it all over a few times, or had a beta. One thing that felt particularly off was Mugsy's heel-face turn. Now, sure, I'll admit, it was emotional and touching, and I'll admit, you did pull it off rather well, but it just seems sudden to me. Mugsy and Rocky were made to go together, work together. I think it would take more then one incident with Dot for Mugsy to turn on him like that. There should have been more build-up, IMHO. Of course, I recognize you might have written yourself into a corner there, and again, you pulled it off well. It just felt somewhat off to me.

But don't let my criticism pull you down. You did a great job here, and I'd love to see you write another story like this. I'd offer to beta, but apparently I don't qualify, since I haven't posted any stories of my own, though I do plan to do so. Of course, if you would want me to help anyways, we could trade email addresses, and use something like Google Docs, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Until next time

Saul'keth
Phoenix Skyborne chapter 23 . 12/31/2013
It makes me so incredibly happy when I find awesomely written fan fics like this. Seriously, this is professional novel quality. :)
Guest chapter 23 . 12/15/2013
great story!
Hailey813 chapter 2 . 10/27/2013
I'm rereading your story. It's one of those stories I've kept with me and think about frequently. It's been a few months since I finished it, but I am immediately falling in love with the story again. Your writing is so fluis. I get lots of detail about each indivigual Warner sibling without the story getting boring or disorganized. I can see all the action and feel with them as they're figuring out life. I love how you protray the characters and how they are dealing with everything. I also find it impressive how much content you are able to put together in a chapter. Most authors should really edit most of their chapters together to make more sense. I love how well planned and how much care is put into each chapter. I am so excited to be rereading this again. There's so much I am looking forward to experiencing again with the characters. Very few stories are added to my favorites page, but if there was a higher page, I believe this fic would be added there over merely favs. I have so much excitement right now. You have no idea. Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic fic.
Big Time Writings chapter 23 . 10/10/2013
Great fic. Since I don't tread across good, multi-chapter Animaniacs stories that often, I sort of wish that I spaced out my reading a bit more, but hey, whatevs.

The Blot, Oswald, Bosko, the whole backstory behind the toons and their history...great.

My only criticism is that sometimes it seems like Yakko joked around for a bit too long, despite being in a dire situation 85% of the time, but that's about it.

An in-universe criticism would be the classes. It makes sense for them to have them, to know to identify criminals and whatnot, but we've seen in this story about how some toons feel about the 'lower class'...or even humans, for that matter. It seems like even the lowest class has some better power than humans do.

Once again, great story. It's helped me stay sane during the last few days of midterm week!
Big Time Writings chapter 11 . 10/9/2013
Freaking no way, I just can't get past how you've managed to tie in romance to a drama-filled mystery piece that is this fic.

I think Minerva might have something to do with this - the fact that she lives so close to Slappy but is totally OK and how she suddenly switched from hating to wanting Yakko rings a couple of suspicious alarms in my head.
Big Time Writings chapter 6 . 10/9/2013
The class system makes sense in how you're writing it, though I could see where having classes would ostracize toons. I mean really - look at Max and him making fun of Oswald for being class C.

Although it says that Classes B and A wears gloves, I know for sure that toons like Babs can't be any lower than a Class B, despite her never wearing gloves. Must be a status thing as well, and some toons just don't care/want to.

So does this also mean that Dot became a class B when she was around 8 or so? I'm not sure how hard it is to be classified, but that seems impressive.
Big Time Writings chapter 2 . 10/9/2013
It's rare to see a good fic in this section. And since all I get are recommendations of 'Family' when I ask for a decent Animaniacs fic, every time I actually come across a good story, I get sooo happy.

You've written the Warners nicely - not off-the-wall like what it was on their tv show, but their personalities just seem right. I look forward to reading the rest of this!
Hailey813 chapter 23 . 8/1/2013
This is the first story since I read "Family" by The Middle Warner Child that I have truly gotten into. Most the stories I read on Fanfiction is very entertaining and enjoyable, but your story forced me to stay up all night in order to finish it. So as a rather tired employee today, I'd like to congradulate you on a job well done. I love the depth of the story and layering. Excellent protrayal of the characters and their peesonalities.
KayLaurent chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
I’m not sure if you remember me, but if you do, I doubt you expected me to review after this long. Haha
I sort of stumbled back to FF on a whim recently, and upon finding this, I finished the entire story in one sitting. I thought I’d have to reread everything to get a hold on things again but you made everything so memorable that I fell right back into it.

But seriously – amazing story. It’s rare that you find a story this complex with such rich background where everything seems to fit together so perfectly in the end. Your imagination is incredible and you write family/friend relationships like a boss. My personal favorites were the Warners, Brain, Oswald, Skippy, and Minerva, but that’s just drawing straws. The whole cast was developed phenomenally. Seriously, I’m just in love with all the little tidbits and memorable events you came up with: the climax with Dot about to be drowned in DIP, Yosemite’s death scene, the prison break, etc.

My favorite moments in the story were just quiet moments of bonding with the characters, which I guess is a given hence the title of the story. My favorite was probably the scene where Babs was cutting Yakko’s hair and they were talking about their families. It was so poignant and felt really authentic. Plus I loved the little nuances the characters had that made their situations so much more heartfelt – like Yakko, pretty much the embodiment of dry wit and sarcasm, reduced to only a silent nod after his scene with the Blot.

Something else you’ve done here that’s pretty damn impressive (and hasn’t been pointed yet, or at least hasn’t gotten the credit it deserves) is how you’ve managed to write a story in twenty-three chapters that most people would have thought constituted fifty. You had a huge cast of characters, and with everyone weaving in and out in this big conspiracy plot, you managed to keep the ball rolling for as long as it needed to. There was never a scene that felt gratuitous or even a character that felt superfluous and unnecessary.
I love how progressively screwed up this story got in terms of plot/tone. At the start, I never would have predicted that the characters were being transformed into lifeless, idiotic drones to serve the scheme - but then you went there. Not only did you go there, but you didn’t hold back either. Horrifying stuff. Thanks for the nightmare fuel.

If I have any criticism, I guess it falls on Wakko. Like someone else said, I always had this sense that he was going to do more than he actually ended up doing – but then again, not every character needs to become an action hero to earn their place in the sun.

But all in all, I’m awestruck by the direction that this story took and how everything unfolded. I hope you keep writing and I look forward to seeing your stories on the shelf – or the Kindle marketplace or whatever the hell people use now, but seriously, I’ll be your first customer.

-KayLaurent