Reviews for Bonds
wordsofawitheringwriter chapter 7 . 5/7
gosh I'm only seven chapters in so far but this is by FAR my favorite animaniacs! fic I've read so far! The characterization is INCREDIBLE and you're such a consistent writer. Each chapter in the beginning I would finish and be thrilled with, but part of me would begin wondering when the quality would begin to slip or when the wild OOC traits would come into play. But doll, by now I've realized my worrying was for naught. You are a GREAT writer and I cannot wait to read the remaining chapters! Best of luck in all your future projects!
Faye chapter 17 . 4/13
Hi! I'm a long time fan of Animaniacs, but never checked out the fandom until this week and just stumbled across your work. Once I got to this chapter I knew I had to review because honestly, I've never been so excited to discover I was right about the "main villain" identity. Early on I guessed it would be the blot (or Spielberg), but you've told the story in such a compelling way and with such an excellent reveal that I quite literally screamed "f- yes" at the blot's appearance (my roommates will never let me live this down). Your writing is spectacular and the characterization is perfect (everyone's voice is so clear its amazing) and the world building takes by breath away. Please, please, never stop writing, regardless of the material, because you have a remarkable talent. Anyhow, I have to get back to reading as I CAN'T WAIT to see what you have lined up for a conclusion. Thank you for posting such a fun, well-done, work of fanfiction. Hope you have a wonderful week!
ViridianVenus chapter 23 . 2/17
What i should have done today:

continued packing my apartment
continuing to look for a new apartment
running errands

what i actually did today:

laid in bed and binge-read the entirety of this fic in one sitting

time well spent? Damn straight.
regrets? Not a single one.

One of the best fics i've ever read.
Such a great story! One of my favs by far!
Larklyn chapter 23 . 10/24/2015
Amazing-world building. Amazing characterizations. Amazing plot. Just all around amazing! I really enjoyed reading this.
Red With White Eyes chapter 23 . 8/29/2015
Let's see...

Fantastic worldbuilding? Check!
Great plot? Check!
Handling of characters? Check!
Mainly good spelling and grammar? Check!

This fic is fantastic! Well done concept and storytelling with twists and turns that had my heart pounding and warming!

My fave characters were probably babs, wakko, and Yosemite Sam! Though I started liking Oswald by the end too (I knew he couldn't be evil!).

I hope your doing well in whatever your doing, thank you so much for this fic!
WheresDaBeef chapter 1 . 8/21/2015
This was such a wonderful story! I'm so impressed by your use of language and characterization is amazing! It was so well done and a really great interpretation of the Warner's future. Thank you so much for writing this!
Spirit Rose chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
(Finished reading your story today, will review each chapter to get those view bumps up!)

Your story/plot/build up and attention to details of character is amazing, so hard to find excellent quality in writing/story telling! and I'm glad I found yours! So far Bonds(yours) and family are the ones with best quality work I have ever read for animaniacs. I am surprised your story has not gotten much reviews, You deserve more reviews!

I Hope you write a longer story like this one with different plot of the kids. If kept the element where the kids wont age since they where drawn as the show plot but with a different twist. where there where drawn by creator who was unknown/retired? nothing to do with studio. but soon misfortune happen and they loose him, and are they are discovered by warner studios. I like the bugs/yakko father/son/friendship you wrote later on as well . and love to see bugs with kids. sorry trailed off. :D Just really love your story and hope you write more!
Fairyhaven13 chapter 23 . 10/1/2014
I loved this so incredibly much. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it MOVED me, Bob! Uh, wait, wrong show...

This was soooo sweet. I'm putting it right at the top of my list of favorite fics, next to A Very Muppets Mystery and The Gift of Flight. It was so freaking emotional, but so funny, and complex, and the plot twists, oh the plot twists, and NO Slappy died and NOOOO Yosemite and YAY for reunions and I just... I just... so much fangirl emotion... I spent all my free time this week reading this, you know that? Why'd you have to make it so dang good? I could have been doing something useful!... Like, uh... reading... manga? Yeah. Whatever.

I just... I can't even begin to describe how amazing of a writer you are. It was beautiful. You put so much effort into the story, and the emotions being believable, and the lore behind the toons, and it was just... so freaking beautiful, in a crazy, loopy way. I loved it so much. Thank you for writing this.
Reggie Jackson chapter 23 . 8/11/2014
This is an excellent story I had the pleasure of reading the last few days! I don't to spend too much time repeating what others had already said.

You did a great job in establishing the bonds of not only the Warner trio, but among their friends and enemies as well. Everyone's character was very well established and fleshed out. You cared for just about everyone in the story. None of the relationships formed throughout felt rushed or unnatural to me. Bugs and Yakko's bond, Buster and Yakko's bond etc.
I personally enjoyed all the scenes with Yakko and Babs, they really did have the makings of a great couple with a lot of great chemistry to boot.
It was very touching to see the siblings turn from bickering at each other to always being there for one another. Goes to show how some events can change people.

On top of that, you had a well made mystery plot as well. A lot of the twists and turns that came about from the story I did not see coming. The villains were great too.
Mortimer and Bosko were totally psychotic scumbags. But at the same time you kinda understand why they became what were when you see their background.
The Phantom Blot was a mysterious and insane character, I would stop reading just to visualize him in all of his evil inky glory.
I personally loved that not only Pete was also major villain in this story, he was actually serious threat. While he's always been a jerk, most of the things he's in nowadays tone down his character to point to where its easy to forget that that he can be very menacing when he wants to be. I do kinda wish to know what happened to him after being defeated by Wakko.
Also, I did kinda wonder if the DIP guns the enemies held only one shot as it seemed a lot of them would fire shot and that would be it. A minor thing but no big deal.

The entire story was an emotional roller coaster ride. Some scenes were happy, sad, some were intense, others were very tragic (I'm still coping with Yosemite's fate), and some were sweet (pretty much every thing involving Wakko and Dot) All the dialogue was very well written and realistic.
A great adventure story filled with drama, a good message, action, a triumphant ending, and of course, always having a sense of humor.

An Excellent job well done!
Nerdkate88 chapter 23 . 7/16/2014
...Gah, that was great. I honestly can not express how awesome that was! It was super well written and I really like the idea of them being adopted. And the ending was... well i can't even find words to describe it. I stayed up til about 2:30 am finishing it. totally worth it.
Saul'keth chapter 23 . 5/8/2014
Wow. Just wow.

I don't think you were expecting a review on this so long after it was completed. But let me tell you, this is easily one of the best fics I've ever read. Seriously. It's right up there with Family by The Middle Warner Sibling. This was epic, it really caught me off guard a lot of the time. And I read TV Tropes a lot, so that's saying something. And your ideas for how toon physics and abilities work, and characterization of everyone, genius.

Of course, that doesn't mean Bonds is flawless. Mostly just grammar errors, repeated words, stuff that could easily been prevented if you looked it all over a few times, or had a beta. One thing that felt particularly off was Mugsy's heel-face turn. Now, sure, I'll admit, it was emotional and touching, and I'll admit, you did pull it off rather well, but it just seems sudden to me. Mugsy and Rocky were made to go together, work together. I think it would take more then one incident with Dot for Mugsy to turn on him like that. There should have been more build-up, IMHO. Of course, I recognize you might have written yourself into a corner there, and again, you pulled it off well. It just felt somewhat off to me.

But don't let my criticism pull you down. You did a great job here, and I'd love to see you write another story like this. I'd offer to beta, but apparently I don't qualify, since I haven't posted any stories of my own, though I do plan to do so. Of course, if you would want me to help anyways, we could trade email addresses, and use something like Google Docs, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Until next time

Saul'keth
Phoenix Skyborne chapter 23 . 12/31/2013
It makes me so incredibly happy when I find awesomely written fan fics like this. Seriously, this is professional novel quality. :)
Guest chapter 23 . 12/15/2013
great story!
Hailey813 chapter 2 . 10/27/2013
I'm rereading your story. It's one of those stories I've kept with me and think about frequently. It's been a few months since I finished it, but I am immediately falling in love with the story again. Your writing is so fluis. I get lots of detail about each indivigual Warner sibling without the story getting boring or disorganized. I can see all the action and feel with them as they're figuring out life. I love how you protray the characters and how they are dealing with everything. I also find it impressive how much content you are able to put together in a chapter. Most authors should really edit most of their chapters together to make more sense. I love how well planned and how much care is put into each chapter. I am so excited to be rereading this again. There's so much I am looking forward to experiencing again with the characters. Very few stories are added to my favorites page, but if there was a higher page, I believe this fic would be added there over merely favs. I have so much excitement right now. You have no idea. Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic fic.