Reviews for Two Times that Harper Cried
Thisisfunwhattooksolong chapter 1 . 9/3/2014
I was scrolling through Jerry fics (an underappreciated character if ever there was one - in the title sequence and listed in less than 1% of fanfics) and I thought I recognised your avatar, then I remembered you were the one who hosted most of the Suite Life collections and decided to give this oneshot a read.

And I'm glad I did.

Those other things they were discussing, I'm going to assume it was Harper that started those discussions. No matter how hard I try, I cannot bring myself to imagine Alex bringing up 'ladybugs' unless it related to one she'd stepped on.

I never thought about this before, but it must be genuinely difficult for say, ice cream salesmen. They must get accosted by frenzied parents a lot.

Harper's naïvety is refreshing. You have to feel sorry for her, seeing what must be the only man she could always depend on lose it in front of her, and not at the time be able to comprehend why. I can understand her getting upset.

But for all Harper's terror, it's easy to overlook Jerry's. The merest idea of his girls being hurt because he ran late that day would have scarred him forever.

It's funny. I remember Harper had a biological family, but I remember nothing of them at all.

And Jerry rescues Harper again. Ray had that coming, but I think he was lucky. Had he actually hurt Harper and Alex later found out about it, I think he may have found himself teleported down a volcano, or possibly even fed to Mason.

Harper's flashbacks to the first time during the second was a nice touch. Jerry dreadful in anger would be difficult to forget, especially for a child like Harper, who as pointed out was hardly fearless to start with.

And Harper sobbing at the end was good, and not just because it made the title work. The shock alone would have justified tears, but she finally knew what was long since obvious to everyone else; Jerry Russo thought of her as his daughter.

Overall I enjoyed this. This is I believe the only fanfic that looks at the relationship between Harper and Jerry, or at least it's the only one I've ever come across, which is sad because it's a rich avenue to explore. I suppose it's because those two don't have magic, so can't be used for the fantastical stories that are more common.

And even if this wasn't the only Harper and Jerry story available, I still would have enjoyed it, as it was well written and emotive. Well done.
FeyFaerie chapter 1 . 12/9/2012
That was beautiful...I mean, I actually cried! Really, bravo, lovely written, and adorable; tear-jerking theme.
Velvetpru'd chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
:) Awww...
NinjaRawrSG chapter 1 . 5/31/2012
Aawwwww. That's so nice... Like Jerry defending Harper and stuff not the creepy pedo... You know what I mean. You should write more WOWP fics :P
Mele chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
This is a wonderfully sweet little story. I especially love the glimpse behind the clown that Jerry usually plays, a look at the man who loves his daughters and would protect them against anything. Nicely done.
Epic WOWP Fan chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
Wow! This I sooooo emotionally touching! Woooooooooooooooooow! :D :F
ShortLILPunk chapter 1 . 12/28/2010
I can't believe I haven't read this until now! I'm blown away by your ability to storytell.

The part that sold me as to how good of a writer you are... "But the seriousness of such warnings had never been emphasized. The advice from her parents had come off, like so much of what they said always came off, as meaningless half-hearted chatter. Vague generalities thrown out with little conviction and possessing only the superficial wisdom of an average fortune cookie." ... That made me giggle a little.

I have this huge daddy complex that was wonderfully fed with your enlightening story of Jerry and Harper and their father/daughter dynamic. It was so beautiful and heartwarming. It had the chance to be as cheesy as hell and you so didn't make it that way. I'm impressed by the fact that you kept it so real without going into too much detail on the horror. Usually I have to have lots of detail on the horror to stay interested in the story if the horror is part of it, so that I can see clearly and keep interested. But that wasn't the case with this fic. You set the scenes up nicely, explained them well, and gave us satisfaction with where you went with it. I adore this fic.

The fact that, that phrase was finally aimed at Harper from Jerry, made this easily one of my favorite fics. Thanks for sharing.
WyldCard4 chapter 1 . 11/20/2010

The opening is good. It's just so surprising. Having to say that Jerry Russo isn't scary implies something...

He is not what he seems.

By God's Brother you get Jerry Russo and Harper Finkle. Not many people really think about the man. He's a bull fighter, a man who defeated his siblings in vicious combat of magic and will. I see that fire in him.

I like it, Lody. The first section gave me chills.

Jerry defending Harper was awesome.

This fic was perfect. I can't find a single complaint. And I have trouble not complaining even when I love something.

Story added to favorites.
Lizzy chapter 1 . 10/26/2010
Thats amazing! Soo sweet!
MaggieSmithfan chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
One of the best fics I have ever read!
Elianna22 chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
It was heartwarming to see Jerry being a protective responsible father in this chapter. On the show he is too often portrayed as a bumbling oaf, but even as a bumbling oaf he outshines Harper's wacky show-biz father in the parenting department. Interesting to see how you drew a parallel between the dangers facing little girls and teen girls - not so very different, are they? The scene in the playground, up until the Candy Man arrived, reminded me of those quintessentially Manhattan playground scenes from Sesame Street. Very nice metaphor here: "shook him as violently as a mad dog might shake a ragdoll held in its jaws." Good job overall giving us more insight into Harper's character.
BlueAndGoldNeverGetsOld chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Awww, this was so sweet! I loved it, she is apart of the family!
woundedhearts chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Jerry is so protective and sweet here. Its nice to see that he is willing to take the extra step to keep his children (including Harper) safe. Those two men were despicable creatures and i'm glad Jerry stepped in, because otherwise there's no telling what may have happened. This was a really great one shot and i'm glad i read it. Smiles! :)
BlendedMinds chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
This was a great little one shot. I can understand how Jerry's anger could be frigtening to a small child. But under the circumstances very understandable. I'm glad she realized that as she got older. As for the boy who tried to attack her, i was on the edge of my seat. I'm so happy Jerry saved her, and the fact that he now considered her his daughter was a wonderful thing to read. :)
Fizzy Starburst chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Oh my gosh. That was amasing. Very well written, very in character, and an excellent idea. You did such a great job of capturing Jerry's personality, and his relationship with both Alex and Harper. Spofulous job :D