Reviews for The Burning 0: Old New England Saw
CaptMacKenzie chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Man, oh man! This is one of my new favorites for sure. I can see why you said this was research-intensive ... you are doing such a thorough, careful job and that really shines through behind every word! So take your time, chere! ;) It was a lovely tale, every so smoothly told. I love the "tradition" theme, and how those thoughts wound around Remy's head. You did a good job with the voice of a teenage Remy, and also w/Henri's voice. The descriptions of Genevieve & the Paris Guildmaster, too, were exceptional because you were really efficient - in just a few words you created a good character sketch of those briefly-appearing, little-known people that is colorful & sticks in your mind.

Philosophy-wise, I love how you phrased Remy's view of thieving as just surviving - a "hey, that's just how it is" P.O.V. And then, "the awakening of his conscience" ... just very, very well done all around, darling! Keep it up! Looking forward to the next installment, whenever you get around to it :)
anonymousone chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
I really hope that you haven't abandoned this story, because I thought it was utterly brilliant. I can understand what you mean by "research intensive" though, but I can assure that that hard work it totally appreciated in how it deepens and betters the entire piece.

Good job. I loved it.
heyjupiter chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Ohh, poor Remy. Great job! Would love to see more.
Sugahroc57 chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Gambits life is like a never ending story of a book you can't never put down. Although, this chapter of it we all know about feels different, just by the way it's written, it's like your living it through his unique eyes and tasting every aspect of it as you explore deeper. I think this was the beginning of what kind of man he would become through out most of his life.

Beautiful start to another fic Ms airo..

~Ru
Lucky's Girl chapter 1 . 9/5/2010
Hey,

That was absolutley amazing! It is one of those stories that you rarely run into, and of course it would be yours! I can see where you would have to research for a long time to get it to such a perfection!

I think the way you had it throughout the entire story was excellant, the feelings, the facts, the people we know but don't really know came to life through your writing and research!

I thought it aamazing when everything sped up and details seemed lessened and the 'life' of Remy changed. You made a very distinct change and you definetely pulled it off!

What an amazing story, I am speechless it was so great! I wonder how you do it? Where the ideas come from, how you write it, you are just simply amazing! Thanks so much for such an insightful story, you really bring Remy to life, and sometimes make us question everything and nothing. You are a truly great write!

~Paige
Merr2 chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
Not since Saturian Solitude's 'Drowning' have I been so completely absorbed in a Remy-centric piece.

In the beginning, when you describe New Orleans, I felt like I was THERE, right beside Remy. I could smell the smog and see the dirt and feel its wonder. Excellent.
AuthorColorCoated chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
. . . . . .

Okay, that was my speechlessness. I seriously don't know what to say. Oh man, where can I start with this?

Despite knowing what was going to happen (to some extent), I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. I swear I didn't breathe until I got to the end. It was that intense.

You've let us into Remy's head so perfectly here, and shown so many facets of who he was as a young man, that look like they will provide a perfect transition into the future. I love the parallels between his relationship with Gennie and Bella, and how it compares to his life.

This chapter was seriously amazing! I'm just like. . . really bummed from reading it. haha Now, it was great writing and I don't know how you do it every time, but you do!

I feel so miserable for Remy and I'm hoping for redemption for him!
lelann37 chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
I love this! I can't wait to see more. thanks for sharing
Chellerbelle chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
I always did hate that particular event in Remy's life. But I love the way you wrote it. Excellent job!