Reviews for Follow the Star of the North
robinbishop1231 chapter 1 . 10/22/2013
hedwiggins chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
I haven't got the words to describe just how wonderful this story is. I found myself grinning the whole way through in how you describe them relating to each other. And your description of the scenery and the water trip and just everything is so well done I felt I could actually see where they were and what that sunset looked like. And I didn't want the story to stop, even though it did. And I got a little lump in my throat when Jack pointed out where The Hammond was. Excellent work. :)
BettyHall223 chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
Really enjoyed this.
elleelle chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
gosh i want to go to that cabin now, and i hate the outdoors lol
Zoser chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
So beautifully done - I would love to be on that lake.
SammieAtHome chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Loved the story. It felt like a precious moment between them.
polrobin chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
Lovely. Truly.
Nynaeve506 chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
It must be *my* birthday what with two hot S/J stories about everyday life LOL. I loved it. They're such a great couple.

Although we're the Land of 10,000 Lakes. I'm pretty sure we have 10,000 and we probably have as many cabins (my husband laughs because I always talk about people at work going to "the cabin" like there's only one, but in reality everyone calls whatever cabin they go to "the cabin").
dpdp chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Very nice.
Cort 85 chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Great story! I love that part about her scars being a map of the universe - very nice :D
i.m. nell chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
Beautifully written. Through your descriptive words I could see Jack's lovely Minnesota countryside that he's sharing with Sam. I'm glad she "gets it."
katejones2005 chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
great job!
racing snail chapter 1 . 8/22/2010
It is interesting to note that even as we know the least about Jack's past and specifically his childhood he also arguably the character with the greatest sense of place and home (other than Teal'c.) It's a difference between Jack and Sam that is often ignored and this piece explores the contrast with great depth and richness. Shying away from creating a back story for Jack and instead focusing on the continuity of place was particularly effective because it reminded the reader that even as Sam seems more tethered to Earth by her family and web of longstanding Airforce connections that predate her own service Jack is the one that understands the emotional resonance of home as specific bit of land and it was delightful to see Sam absorbing some of that calm. Brava on mining an underused topic.

(rereading this comment it seems terribly ramblely when all I really wanted to say was well done but I'll sumbit it anyway...)