Reviews for In Thy Brother's Stead
Ginnygirl28 chapter 11 . 1/28
Please please please continue with this story!
Mariann's chapter 11 . 6/22/2013
I've read this again after a long while - it's beautiful writing and I wish you'd take up writing more of this superb story!

There are very few stories in which Sirius is portrayed like you portray him here. Your style is wonderfully natural and progressing in a great flow of events. A shame that this has been left since 2010.
Jessiikaa15 chapter 11 . 1/25/2013
This is really good, I haven't read a 'harry grows up with sirius' like this before. Update soon :)
icecatfire chapter 11 . 6/4/2012
please keep going, are serius and alice going to get to gether? i know it won't be now but will they serius deserves happiness. love this story it is awesome.-' sorry if i seem exited.
DustBunnyQueen chapter 10 . 3/26/2012
You know, this just occurred to me (and I'm smacking myself in the head for not seeing it sooner) that the obliviate spell is eerily close to the mind-wipe 'flashy thingy' from Men In Black.

I can see Moody now...:

"Mr. Dawlish, please look at the tip of my wand." Moody said as he casually slid on a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses.

Dawlish did as he was told.

"Obliviate." Moody said in a monotone voice. "Remus Lupin is not a werewolf; what he did was a partial transfiguration."

Dawlish stares into space, not responding.

"When do I get to do the flashy thingy?" Sirius asked.

"When you grow up." Moody answered.

Remus and Alice snicker as Sirius pouts.

::snicker:: Wouldn't you LOVE to see something like that in a Harry Potter fanfic?
foxee-chik chapter 11 . 9/20/2011
wow! keep goin! i like it! i cant w8 2 read the nxt chap!
moriahhh chapter 11 . 4/24/2011
this is a great story and hopefully you will be able to update it soon:)
KYKEMD chapter 11 . 2/1/2011
CAN'T WAIT FOR MORE!
Aggiebell chapter 11 . 1/17/2011
Oh, wow. I just read your fic straight through, and I have to say, I think this is one of the best "Sirius-adopts-Harry" fics I've read. What I like most is the character development you're doing, especially as we see Sirius grow into his roll as "Papa." Harry, Remus, Alice, Andi...they're all very well-drawn, and I can picture them in my mind.

And I'll come down on the side of rooting for Sirius and Alice having a relationship, fwiw. :)

Thanks for a great read, and I'm looking forward to reading more.

Julie
Sile Ni Dhionnlibin chapter 3 . 1/16/2011
Oh just reading the end of that chapter I had tears in my eyes. It was very beautifully written. You could feel Sirius and Remus' pain. Keep up the good work
snape504 chapter 11 . 1/9/2011
I love it! More, please. I am adding you to my alert list.

Debby
ImUpToNoGood chapter 6 . 1/8/2011
Okay, for this chapter alone I am adding this to my favorites. The adoption scene was powerful, joyful, and unique; with it's own flavor and energy amidst all the blood adoption stories out there.

Well done!

Looking forward to the next chapters!
my2krazies chapter 11 . 1/7/2011
Great story so far. I hope you plan to finish it...and I love the idea of Sirius and Alice, even if it is a long time in the making.
Goldenfightergirl chapter 11 . 1/6/2011
are you really going for the alice and sirius pairing or is it just an old flame fling thing? XD I rhymed
rosiegirl chapter 11 . 1/6/2011