Reviews for Looking Back
ElwynWanderer chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
Ah, another fantastic fic about Fflewddur and his harp's constantly breaking strings. Good job, and I hope to see more of your stories in the future!
N chapter 1 . 2/13/2011
I was just re-reading through the Prydain Chronicles recently and happened to read your story! Very bittersweet and in character, I'm glad that they do get to see each other again after all. ;) You did the moment justice. Gotta love Fflewddur!
01030 chapter 1 . 12/24/2010
The end was just perfect, regretful, bittersweet and completely in character. This scene seems like it could actually have been plucked straight out of the book. Thank you.
adaon45 chapter 1 . 9/25/2010
How delightful! You really do like Fflewddur, don't you? So do I! And it seems there's so much backstory there, too-not to mention just a lot of emotional gaps we can fill in, like this one.

You're spot-on about a lot here-Taran's painful half-smile as he meets Fflewddur's gaze, the absent-minded way Fflewddur thinks out loud to Llyan. And, of course, the twanging harp string is the perfect final note!

Fflewddur will demonstrate the depths of his love and devotion when he returns to Craddoc's house after his meeting with Dallben-the bard is half-starved just getting there! And then he nurses the dangerously ill Taran into the bargain.